Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #16
Dualsport Crazy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by alongat View Post
I'm not expecting earth-shattering performance change but it would be nice to not be limited to the supposed 80% maximum throttle in those two gears. The other thing to note as well is that I've heard that the KTM Akrapovic map does away with this limitation and i currently have that map loaded in my ECU. Speaking of which, do you like your Akra map? I can't stand mine apart from the power it makes. After my dealer loaded it and did the fifteen minute idle reset, I got to ride the bike one hour to get back home. Way I observed is poor mileage, engine running hotter with additional heat coming off the header piping, vibration and roughness under hard throttle. The only benefit was some found horsepower. I can't wait to get rid of this map.

Where in canada are you?
Thanks Alon ... I really dont know if it was done when the akro map was installed. To be honest I got the bike out from the showroom with the akros on so I wouldnt the know the actual difference. My dealer has closed shop now who used to do a great job which is sad.

Any luck with disabling the wires for the 2nd & 3rd gears....

Well I'm located in Mississauga & we should surely catch up sometime.

Cheers,
Al
Dualsport Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #17
alongat OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 732
Got busy with work so I'm going to disable them tonight - will report back what the butt-Dyno says :)

For sure, let's catch up sometime - my usual riding buddies seem to be busier nowadays...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualsport Crazy View Post
Thanks Alon ... I really dont know if it was done when the akro map was installed. To be honest I got the bike out from the showroom with the akros on so I wouldnt the know the actual difference. My dealer has closed shop now who used to do a great job which is sad.

Any luck with disabling the wires for the 2nd & 3rd gears....

Well I'm located in Mississauga & we should surely catch up sometime.

Cheers,
Al

And how can this be? For he is the Kwisatz Haderach!
alongat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #18
Dualsport Crazy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Got busy with work so I'm going to disable them tonight - will report back what the butt-Dyno says :)

For sure, let's catch up sometime - my usual riding buddies seem to be busier nowadays...

Yeah it never ends eh.... I too have been crazy busy with the month end & have'nt been out for a descent ride in more than 10 days.

It will be great if you can let me know how the disabling goes:)

I may go out for a ride close by if the weather permits.

Have yourself a great long weekend Cheers
Old 06-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #19
alongat OP
Studly Adventurer

Wires disconnected now - probably going for a ride tonight to see if my butt can tell the difference...

Quote:
Yeah it never ends eh.... I too have been crazy busy with the month end & have'nt been out for a descent ride in more than 10 days.

It will be great if you can let me know how the disabling goes:)

I may go out for a ride close by if the weather permits.

Have yourself a great long weekend Cheers

Old 06-27-2013, 11:47 PM   #20
Eataz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Can we have a picture of your R with the 19/17 on? Really want to get some for mine, but would be nice to see how it looks :)
Eataz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:46 AM   #21
alongat OP
Studly Adventurer

Maybe it's my imagination or perhaps disconnecting those wires are a form of a placebo but I swear that I could feel a difference last night - albeit only at times when I gave the bike a healthy dose of full throttle. This thing just makes me giggle all the time. I think my verdict is that disconnecting the two wires did make a difference on my bike. I know that others have reported mixed reviews but for me at least, my sh*t-eating grin was that much bigger :)

I also had a chance to test my newly installed 6000k HID kit in the main beam of my Euro headlight - yes, that too made a huge difference. I don't think I'll install an HID in the high beam, perhaps just one of those Piaa superwhite bulbs...

Quote:
Wires disconnected now - probably going for a ride tonight to see if my butt can tell the difference...

Old 06-28-2013, 04:51 AM   #22
alongat OP
Studly Adventurer

Yes, pictures are forthcoming - I promise...just need to wash up the bike, snap some pictures and then post them here. We've got a long weekend in Canada so I should have some time. I can tell you though that if you are considering the 19/17 tubeless setup for your bike, DO NOT hesitate! It's an incredible transformation - the bike literally just carves like a sport bike with tall flat handlebars now - it's simply unbelievable and hard to describe just how much better it is. I absolutely love the 19/17 wheels with the tall suspension of the R. I went a bit non-conservative on my wheels, getting the two-colour orange and black with black spokes and orange/black nipples in the contrasting pattern. I thought at first that it would look very "radical and motard-like" but for some reason, it's a bit more subtle looking than I had expected. The only thing that I'm not too sue about now is that the front fender is quite apart from the front wheel given the smaller overall diameter and on my R, the fender is white while the rest of the bike is black so it really stands out. Not sure there is a way to lower the fender on the forks or perhaps try a black fender...we'll see - for now, I'm just having a blast on the roads with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eataz View Post
Can we have a picture of your R with the 19/17 on? Really want to get some for mine, but would be nice to see how it looks :)

Old 06-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #23
Dualsport Crazy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Maybe it's my imagination or perhaps disconnecting those wires are a form of a placebo but I swear that I could feel a difference last night - albeit only at times when I gave the bike a healthy dose of full throttle. This thing just makes me giggle all the time. I think my verdict is that disconnecting the two wires did make a difference on my bike. I know that others have reported mixed reviews but for me at least, my sh*t-eating grin was that much bigger :)

I also had a chance to test my newly installed 6000k HID kit in the main beam of my Euro headlight - yes, that too made a huge difference. I don't think I'll install an HID in the high beam, perhaps just one of those Piaa superwhite bulbs...

Hey Alon

I can see you can't stop smiling after dis-connecting the two wires. I will try to find the time to do it on my baby over the long weekend since I've been busy & got family coming from overseas.

Will look forward to the pictures. Enjoy your ride & have a great Canada day long weekend.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:41 AM   #24
alongat OP
Studly Adventurer

By the way, I should add that on my bike, it's not actually the white three wire plug but rather the black one and the wires on the accessible side of the plug on my bike are actually yellow/green and blue/pink but they change colors on the other side of the plug to align with what those instructions on superduke.net offer. It's a bitch to reach the side of the plug with the described colored wires so I just carefully removed the wires (yellow/green and blue/pink) on the side of the plug that was more accessible to me.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:23 AM   #25
Eataz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Did you have to make any modifications to your sidestand on the R? And can you use the centerstand?
Eataz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:33 AM   #26
alongat OP
Studly Adventurer

I bought a 2012 990 standard kickstand (302mm) and bolted it right on - no issue and the perfect length for my bike. Yes, the centre stand remains fully functional - I did not change it out. The rear wheel obviously sits up higher now when using the centre stand but I have no issues raising or lowering the bike on it. There is no need to change or modify the centre stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eataz View Post
Did you have to make any modifications to your sidestand on the R? And can you use the centerstand?

Old 07-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #27
Dualsport Crazy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
By the way, I should add that on my bike, it's not actually the white three wire plug but rather the black one and the wires on the accessible side of the plug on my bike are actually yellow/green and blue/pink but they change colors on the other side of the plug to align with what those instructions on superduke.net offer. It's a bitch to reach the side of the plug with the described colored wires so I just carefully removed the wires (yellow/green and blue/pink) on the side of the plug that was more accessible to me.

Hey Alon....

How you duin ? Thanks for the info brother. I still have not had a chance to do the mod since I been crazy busy.

Have a a great weekend & hope the weather changes so I could squeeze in a ride

Cheers
Al
Old 07-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #28
alongat OP
Studly Adventurer

Hey Al - weather sucks hairy balls...feels like summer three years ago; nothing but rain and I'm dying to ride. Spent some time this week getting my new Jesse Cases on the bike, had some fitment issues against my Leo Vince mufflers but a few longer bolts, some home-made shims and patience and all is good now. I might go for a ride on Sunday sometime if the weather agrees - maybe even a blitz to the forks of the credit for an ice coffee. I'll ping you via PM if I do.

Quote:
Hey Alon....

How you duin ? Thanks for the info brother. I still have not had a chance to do the mod since I been crazy busy.

Have a a great weekend & hope the weather changes so I could squeeze in a ride

Cheers
Al

Old 07-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #29
alongat OP
Studly Adventurer

Here are some pictures:

Old 07-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #30
alongat OP
Studly Adventurer

Why the hell can't I get this whole picture posting thing right already?