ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 04:05 AM   #23956
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 901
Rte

Sounds like a good place to try. Count me in. I love BBQ.
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:13 AM   #23957
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,925
Deal's Gap camping

Joe and I are in the Iron Horse Campground in Stecoah, NC. IF anyone ever comes down here, this is the place to stay. $16 a night, fantastic facilities. Free grills, free coolers for use while here. Hot showers, laundry, etc.

Have done just over 1100 miles so far. Rained every day, but what can you do? Froze our asses yesterday coming over Mt. Mitchell on the BRP in the fog, but it was 85F in the valleys.

Went to Wheels Through Time motorcycle museum in Maggie Valley. Walked up in our gear and met the owner, Dale Walksler.He asked us where we were from and where were we going? When we told him, he invited us into the museum as his personal guests. Showed us around. What a great guy. He has a new show on Discovery called "What's in the Barn?". Can't wait to see it.

Joe is doing great and is a fantastic riding partner. No complaints, no worries. And tomorrow he gets to start leading with the TAT roll charts. That should be fun! We are on time and on budget so far. Expenses have been about $60 a day for the both of us, and that has been high because we've been eating out. Have yet to cook our own meals but I think that will change shortly.

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom

Jeff Munn screwed with this post 06-28-2013 at 05:55 AM
Jeff Munn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:25 AM   #23958
Dr WhipIt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 411
CD's BBQ it is!!! See you at around 11:30.

^^^Sounds awesome Jeff!
Old 06-28-2013, 06:38 AM   #23959
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
Joe and I are in the Iron Horse Campground in Stecoah, NC. IF anyone ever comes down here, this is the place to stay. $16 a night, fantastic facilities. Free grills, free coolers for use while here. Hot showers, laundry, etc.

Have done just over 1100 miles so far. Rained every day, but what can you do? Froze our asses yesterday coming over Mt. Mitchell on the BRP in the fog, but it was 85F in the valleys.

Went to Wheels Through Time motorcycle museum in Maggie Valley. Walked up in our gear and met the owner, Dale Walksler.He asked us where we were from and where were we going? When we told him, he invited us into the museum as his personal guests. Showed us around. What a great guy. He has a new show on Discovery called "What's in the Barn?". Can't wait to see it.

Joe is doing great and is a fantastic riding partner. No complaints, no worries. And tomorrow he gets to start leading with the TAT roll charts. That should be fun! We are on time and on budget so far. Expenses have been about $60 a day for the both of us, and that has been high because we've been eating out. Have yet to cook our own meals but I think that will change shortly.

jeff
Glad things are going well for you two. Keep the updates coming.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:14 AM   #23960
cliffy109
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,588
Is anybody going to South Carolina for the 2014 GS Trophy challenge in September? I don't have a snoball's chance in hell of winning, but for the $200 entrance fee, I think it would be a blast. I would be interested in sharing a room if anybody is interested.

Linky
cliffy109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #23961
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 852
Anyone know if CDs takes credit cards? I never carry cash, so I'd hate to just sit there and watch ya'll eat. :-)

"Im lost. Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:28 AM   #23962
HalfPlate
What? Where?

Oddometer: 1,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy109 View Post
Is anybody going to South Carolina for the 2014 GS Trophy challenge in September? I don't have a snoball's chance in hell of winning, but for the $200 entrance fee, I think it would be a blast. I would be interested in sharing a room if anybody is interested.

Linky

I will be there! Eddy and I went last year, its a ton of fun and really well put together. I went with the same thought, no chance, but ended in 3rd. The plan this year is to make it to the main event.

We will keep in touch and get a group together to share travel expenses and such.
3rd BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier 2012
IBA# 34681 (SS1000)
"luck played a fundamental role" Carlo Boffi
HalfPlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #23963
Dr WhipIt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 411
Quote:

Linky
I'm registered and ready.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #23964
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post

jeff

Post up early and often for us poor deskbound folk.

ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #23965
pplassm
Brace for collision!

Oddometer: 2,506
Laugh

Heading back c from Colorado. Fantastic trip.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #23966
HalfPlate
What? Where?

Oddometer: 1,040
Noaa's Radar is on the fritz , at least I hope that's not real

3rd BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier 2012
IBA# 34681 (SS1000)
"luck played a fundamental role" Carlo Boffi
HalfPlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #23967
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Oddometer: 564
Quote:

Linky
Me too...
toddzacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #23968
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfPlate View Post

LOL!

I'm gonna start digging a hole......................

Old 06-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #23969
Cervix_a_lot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfPlate View Post

That's one big ass rave
Cervix_a_lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #23970
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,089
Quote:

Linky
I'm in too...if you are on the fence, get off, it's limited to the first 200. Last year only about 50 signed up for each challenge location (Greer, SC and Moab, UT) but I suspect that now that people have heard how much fun it is and that you don't need to be Toni Bou to compete and have fun, it will probably be better attended.
It's honestly more about having fun, meeting people and getting a honest assessment of your skills as it is about competing, although a few people took it too seriously and got pissed off when they either failed to negotiate certain terrain/obstacles. I went with the intention of having fun, I was stunned when I made the top 12 and then quickly got humbled by the top 5 guys...Now hurry up and sign up!

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897071