Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 07:08 AM   #16
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,647
Great trip. Riding that part of the west coast is still on my bucket list.

Thanks for posting

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #17
Matt
Dirt Virgin

Oddometer: 1,849
Love your setup Justin, the MM looks so good. You must be a giant - you make it look quite small.
Did your Latitude leak when your sweatshirt got wet?
And lastly - WTF is that piece of Tupperware Pete is wearing on his head. Good thing Harley riders have small brains.

Why do people think bike riders all like rock'n'roll??
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #18
Fijibubba
Pavelow guy

Oddometer: 41
It's been six months...dying for another adventure...you have to be ready by now too (especially with a hard semester coming to an end). 5 or 6 days getting lost thru NV, UT, and AZ? Lets leave like yesterday! Hell, I'd even be down for an over nighter thru Zion and the north rim!
Fijibubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:45 PM   #19
ViperJustin OP
Back in school...

Oddometer: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Love your setup Justin, the MM looks so good. You must be a giant - you make it look quite small.
Did your Latitude leak when your sweatshirt got wet?
And lastly - WTF is that piece of Tupperware Pete is wearing on his head. Good thing Harley riders have small brains.
I never even finished this RR...... Maybe I'll get to it. Didn't seem to have much interest. Idunno....

My sweatshirt hung below my jacket, so all the rain seeped up to about my rib cage. Other than that, I was dry. During that day, I only wore basketball shorts under the pants. Didn't feel a single drop from the waste to my ankles. My boots were completely soaked...

Pete experienced the elements, literally. During the snow storm, he said each snow flake felt like a razor blade cutting his face. And the glasses he wore didn't really help in his situation either. But, he now has a GSA parked next to the RK in his stable, as well as a set of Klim gear and a really nice Schueberth (or whatever it's called) helmet. He loves the Starbucks on this side!

Hell yeah, Pete. We will be riding Utah next year sometime. No idea when, but it's in the books. Speaking of books, I gotta jump back in!
08 MegaMoto #99529 For sale. PM for details.
ViperJustin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #20
ViperJustin OP
Back in school...

Day 7: Big Sur

We woke up and found that our bikes were still there, unmolested. We strapped our gear back onto our bikes and headed south towards Monterey. This was our last day on the coast, as the following day would just be a run back towards home for both of us.

The pics!

Monterey was beautiful, as always. There was some morning clouds in the area, but they lifted out within 15 minutes of our arrival.

All clear!

We rolled around for about an hour, reminiscing of the experiences we had just had. It was a great trip... Rainy and wet, but still a great trip. The best has yet to come...

Somewhere just south of Monterey. The 1 was down to a single lane in a few areas. Luckily, we were stopped on this amazing bridge.

Although some views were blocked, it was still a dream to ride!

A lone flower, clinging to the cliff at Big Sur.

A beautiful road to ride...

LUNCH TIME!!!! The burgers and soda hit the spot. The view from our table...

OUCH!!!!

Small tank? Yes. Perfect tool for this ride? Absolutely!!!

The populations are rapidly rising here. I was here a couple years ago about the same time and noticed that there's at least three times as many animals!

From Big Sur to the Serengeti???

Pete was also taking advantage of this picture opportunity.

This is the last area where we were supposed to camp, Jalama Beach. However, with 35mph winds gusting to 50mph, we decided otherwise. We rolled back into Lompoc and hoteled it. Wimps... Yeah. But we had a great pizza and a couple of ice cold pitchers of beer to celebrate our "final" day (at Mi Amore Pizza and Pasta).

This was supposed to be our spot (on the right). We checked it out, but there was no way to stake down our tents in those sand drifts. And the sand took a couple layers off the epidermis when the helmets came off. Maybe next time...

Sorry for not finishing up the RR on a timely manner. But at least I got it done, right???
Old 11-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #21
Fijibubba
Pavelow guy

I'm so glad you were able to finish the ride report. Definitely reminisced about our trip. Man that last night was windy as hell. I really wished we could have spent that last night camping on that beach with a fire and some beers but we definitely made the right choice. That huge pizza and countless pitchers of beer was the perfect way to end out trip IMO...plus an unconscious crack whore face down behind a dumpster needed her life saved anyway. I guess we were destine to be at that hotel that night. Hahahah that trip was so fun. Counting the days down till we can do it again!
Old 11-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #22
Fijibubba
Pavelow guy

New machine for a new year of riding. You served up the cool-aid and I drank it you bastard. It's expensive hanging around with you lol but you have great taste...Can't wait for our next trip.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:43 AM   #23
bobw
Harden the phuck up

Oddometer: 864
Great ride and report. Great stablemates with the RK and GSA too.

Safe travels and Cheers!
bobw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:52 PM   #24
ViperJustin OP
Back in school...

This July, we will be at it again! This time, we will be riding up highway 93 through the Big Empty (Nevada), through Idaho where we will detour highway 75, then back to the 93 all the way to Glacier National Park. After riding through GNP, we will head back south and catch up with highway 89 and roll through Yellowstone NP, Grand Teton NP, and ride through Utah as well. If there's enough time, we will also visit the North Rim Grand Canyon.

The riders (so far): Myself on my MegaMoto. And inmate FijiBubba riding on his 2013 BMW GSA. Yeah, he's been drinking the Koolaid too. We've just started working on putting this trip together in the last week, so I had to spill the beans!

Anyways, watch for our second "Roadtrip" this July. And I will try to take more pics!
Old 04-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #25
Fijibubba
Pavelow guy

73 days...let the count down begin! Can't wait.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos