ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #60631
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Fuck. Sitting at the motel. How did you hear about the delay. Are you at the track?
Looks like races are cancelled until tomorrow @ 1:00

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #60632
tt100
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
Im at Lima now. 2 1/2 hr rain delay as of right now and it doesnt look good.
Update? I'm getting ready to drive up from Dayton
tt100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #60633
Shunpiker Dan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
CloneBoy: That's a good price for the Adventure. At the prices I was finding, the extras on the Adv was not worth the price difference. But comparing my price of the base to the offer you're getting (less than $800 diff), I think I would've gone with the Adv. I did prefer the idea of choosing my own add-ons though.

TT100: CCM was not too flexible on the price but I may not be the best negotiator either. I got it slightly less that the list price you posted. I think it all just depends on what your finding at the exact time you're ready to buy and where you're willing to go to get it. I was getting anxious to buy my first bike. Every sunny day that went by without my butt on a bike was just making me more anxious. I have gear to buy, places to go! I am not exactly patient when it comes to waiting for the best deal.

I could've gotten a new 2012 white down in Hamilton for a few hundred less but I really didn't care for the dealer and the thought of a bike fresh out of the crate vs. one sitting on the floor for who-knows-how-long won me over. Also, buying a used Wee was really not appealing to me or necessary.

Now, there is a dealer down in North Carolina that is selling brand new 2013s on ebay for pretty good prices. However, after considering the cost of getting it back home, the price difference will likely be insignificant.
Shunpiker Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #60634
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Looks like races are cancelled until tomorrow @ 1:00
I was sitting at the gates about 230 when I heard from the Deputys working the gate. I talked to a guy that rode up from Texas on a GSA1200. He said that he has been on the road since Memorial weekend and every race he has stopped at has been rain delayed or rained out. I think he said the night before he was in Indy?? for some races and they did run but not until way late into the evening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt100 View Post
Update? I'm getting ready to drive up from Dayton
Im sure you have seen this by now. For fast updates check out Flat Track Live on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/FlatTrackLive

Whitey1 screwed with this post 06-29-2013 at 02:14 PM
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #60635
tt100
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
I know it's not moto but we're diverting to Waynesfield Speedway in Wapokaneta for the Sprint cars tonight. Y'all should consider it.. .. Pretty exciting racing
tt100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #60636
cannonrider
Backroad Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
W.Va. trip

Having a blast down here around Marlington.Heading home in morning via Highland Scenic Highway then over to New River Bridge then back up 16. Thanks again guys for Rt. & Lodging suggestions. OLD CLARK INN was very nice.Good Folks.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #60637
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,155
This rain is redamndiculous, there is now a lake on the infield at Mid-Ohio. I'm not even going to bother going out there tomorrow because it's just sloppy as hell and I always like to park in the trees at the end of Thunder Valley.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #60638
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,102
Took a break from studying CCNP to work on a off-road route about a mile from my room. Today's ride was 5 miles, but I've think I can get it up to 7.5 miles with very little overlap. Hopefully by the time I leave in October, I'll be an expert on sand.

Slightly NSFW due to muffled cursing.

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #60639
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,471
Muddobbers DS ride update

Morning was about 50 miles of tight single track. Trails were muddy but not difficult other than being tight.

My stupid QuickStrap velcro came loose on my helmet so I bailed early for lunch and grabbed my safety glasses for after lunch. I had lunch with Kory (motodirtlover) and we set out together after lunch. Well he was gone after about 5 seconds on the first trail. I started riding with some guys from Chicago. I felt really good passing them on 3 KTM's and then found out they were noobs...lol They had lots of trouble so it took forever. I bailed on them and said I was going on. I got stuck on a creek crossing and Ed (Hawkwind on TT) caught up to me and we finished together. Afternoon was great for the most part except for a couple sections right at the end. Some really slick clay and mud.

I'm going back tomorrow for my punishment! Woohoo! Only supposed to be 60 miles. Not sure how much of that is trail.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #60640
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,084
So I was channeling IP today, how odd? Anyways a long overdue video on breaking a bead just using spoons, as taught to me long ago by Holycaveman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSOFqH3Wk9Y
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #60641
Anonawesome
Scenic Rider

Oddometer: 1,209
Well I'd say my first adv ride was a success. Very well put together and had a little of everything! Took a few pics for the day.

Meetup in Caldwell

Most of the roads we were on

Lunch at Las Trancas.

I think I've mentioned I was a dirt noob before, but over the course of the day, I saw my skills increasing a little more. I think after I ate that burrito I grew a third testicle. Letting the back end slide out a little, etc. BUT I still ate shit on this bridge. Came around to the bridge and saw ruppster up front losing it, thought "oh crap, just do nothing". Looking back, I bet I probably dumped the throttle and didn't pull the clutch, that's the only thing I can think of. Anyway tried to save it, but in the end, just gave up and jumped in front of it while it was lowsiding. All good, no injuries other than ruppster's hand. Thankfully mountain biking has taught me how to crash. Mike helped me remove all the bridge from my footpeg.

On the way home, inside 270 was about 12 miles of some cold rain to wash everything off. Very fun day and good to meet some of you guys.
Anonawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #60642
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,071
Glad to see you had fun on your first group ride.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #60643
CloneBoy
Future Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenaliDan View Post
CloneBoy: That's a good price for the Adventure. At the prices I was finding, the extras on the Adv was not worth the price difference. But comparing my price of the base to the offer you're getting (less than $800 diff), I think I would've gone with the Adv. I did prefer the idea of choosing my own add-ons though.
I am seriosuly now thinking of just getting the regular Wee and adding my own guards and racks. I like the wolfman soft bags anyways more than the hard panniers

When we riding?
CloneBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #60644
The Roadie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbgt89 View Post
I ate shit pretty hard following meef home. Getting tired, I had already slowed my pace considerably, got all loose on a down hill that was like chip and seal, but with big marble sized rocks instead of pea gravel. Hooked up where it was solid again and sorta highsided and landed face first. It was not a graceful fall like the one mike witnessed early in the day. It hurt, and knocked the wind out of me for a second.

It didn't help that i was distracted by the old rusty 65 chevy truck sitting at the top of the hill either. Tweaked my bar mount a bit, slighty bent the bars, but other than that ok. Got a nice bruise on my forehead today to remember the ride by.
And got to macgyver a headlight set up for your busted headlight on our rainy ride sunday..

The Roadie screwed with this post 07-01-2013 at 09:05 AM Reason: d'oh
The Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #60645
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloneBoy View Post
I am seriosuly now thinking of just getting the regular Wee and adding my own guards and racks. I like the wolfman soft bags anyways more than the hard panniers
That's the ticket.

The Suzuki guards are ass ugly and look like a shitty material, anyway. "Scratch and dent" SW Motech guards are $150 at Twisted Throttle (and they look great, almost no "scratch" and no "dent", I got a set). Those Suzuki Trax bags stick out way too far; the total width installed is 44", about the size of a Smart Car. The MRA windshield I guess is cool, but honestly the wind management from the stock screen is a lot better than the old model and I don't think it needs updating.

The only thing I'd say about your plan that's a negative is that Wolfman is not making racks for the DL650, so you'd have to use their throw over (Monarch Pass?) bags as opposed to the nicer rack type bags.

FWIW My 2013 was $8300, no setup or prep fees, 0% financing, Harding's Park Cycle in Canton. It was new in the crate, they had to order it for me. I doubt there is a lot of wiggle room on the 2013 model.

My upgrades thus far are new bars, heated grips, crash bars, a skidplate, a used RevPack soft rear bag, and a used gel seat; and I'm still well under the price difference between the ADV and the base model, plus I got a better color.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote