Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #256
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 3,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Watch, this will be the only race VR wins all year and there will be a caveat in that he only won because JLo wasn't in the race.

Almost. Good to see VR (or anyone different than the normal 3) win a race but the reality is if JL had been healthy he'd have been several seconds up the road from VR. Hopefully VR can gain some confidence from this and the improvements they've apparently made to his set up and continue to battle at the front.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #257
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 6,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
So it was sorta bad day at the office then... oh wait a minute, the kid finished 2nd!!

The whole field must be thinking, what´s gonna happen after this dude _really_ gets comfortable on that Repsol rocketship.
That's what everyone in the paddock is thinking, for sure...

Crutchlow - who I pay more and more attention to, as the man is smart - says that Marquez is the best rider in the world at the moment. I tend to agree with him.
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #258
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 6,901
Quote:
So it was sorta bad day at the office then... oh wait a minute, the kid finished 2nd!!

The whole field must be thinking, what´s gonna happen after this dude _really_ gets comfortable on that Repsol rocketship.
Azi Farni tweeted last night that she couldn't wait to see Pol Espargaro and Scott Redding mixing it up with MM93 next season.

Cal tweeted back that they will never see MM on track.

It is a long season. I think the kid is still a dark horse for the WC.

2002 KTM 520 EXC for sale
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926379
mdubya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #259
auguzt
4ever n00b

Oddometer: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
WBHO?
When Braking Hard Officially?
With Broken Hand Oxigenated?
Old 06-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #260
opmike
Choosing to be here.

Oddometer: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Azi Farni tweeted last night that she couldn't wait to see Pol Espargaro and Scott Redding mixing it up with MM93 next season.
Unless they both somehow end up on a factory bike AND Marquez somehow manages to become slower next season, I don't see this happening.

Perhaps she has a different understanding of the phrase "mixing it up" than I do.
"you want to fix the Pledge of Allegiance, put a disclaimer at the end: with liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states."
opmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:01 AM   #261
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,684
Quote:
reality is if JL had been healthy he'd have been several seconds up the road from VR.
Maybe. Or maybe Rossi has really improved his setup, and is now closer to the front? That win was no fluke, he beat DP, MM & CC fair and square. He is still a 9-time world champion, who has won four of those titles on M1´s previous versions. And he has now tasted victory after a long dry period.
Pecha72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:54 AM   #262
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,194

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:47 AM   #263
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,684
Basically the whole main grandstand got up on their feet, when Rossi took the lead on the chicane.

I wanna see #46 and #99 go head to head for the win, when both are in full fitness. That´ll be interesting.
Pecha72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:23 AM   #264
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 6,327
Quote:
Basically the whole main grandstand got up on their feet, when Rossi took the lead on the chicane.

I wanna see #46 and #99 go head to head for the win, when both are in full fitness. That´ll be interesting.

More 2009 please.
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #265
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 8,994
Quote:
the reality is if JL had been healthy he'd have been several seconds up the road from VR.
There is an asterisk on EVERY win. Whether its someone struggling with a full fuel tank for the first laps, or cold track temps favoring one set up, or hot track temps working against edge grip, or an also-ran missing a brake marker, or any particular rider being injured, or or or ...

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #266
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 12,896
Question for the folks that are into stats and record keeping. When was the last time there was a podium without DP or JL on it?

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #267
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
Question for the folks that are into stats and record keeping. When was the last time there was a podium without DP or JL on it?
Valencia 2011: Stoner, Spies, Dovi. Note all three of them have been neutralized in one way or another (retirement, injury, serving sentence at Ducati for hubris :) )

Wikipedia has finishing positions for every rider, every race, every season in recent years.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #268
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 6,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post

Both?

I'm pretty sure you are going back to 2009 or so, maybe even 2008. Some wet race or something.
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #269
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 3,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkiwi View Post
There is an asterisk on EVERY win. Whether its someone struggling with a full fuel tank for the first laps, or cold track temps favoring one set up, or hot track temps working against edge grip, or an also-ran missing a brake marker, or any particular rider being injured, or or or ...
I realize that. Just saying VR benefited greatly from JL situation and really I think the Yamaha was the bike to have. Very good chance it could have been an all Yamaha podium IF JL had been healthy and running at the front as it also would have meant Cal wouldn't have been slowed up getting by a slower JL. Cal and VR were faster than the Hondas and it's reasonable to think JL would have been faster than either of them. I'm glad we are not seeing, yet, Honda with a big advantage as I was beginning to think they might have by this time.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:09 AM   #270
sprocketjock
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 685
Actually I believe it was Valencia 2011
sprocketjock is offline   Reply With Quote