User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2013, 02:26 AM   #11
bumbadeeda
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Nice bike Clocklaw! Welcome. I wound up with a Givi topcase rack which I believe is still in production as its very adjustable and only has some spacers as special parts for TDM fitment, though I did find mine used. Maybe try www.Kedo.com? I also followed some other Tdm'ers' recommendations and have spooned on Avon Distanzia tires front and rear. The front IS a rear and is mounted bass ackwards! I've done this before on the racetrack with slicks but this is the first time I flipped or run rears as fronts on a DOT application. So far I'm ecstatic with the Avons. Went far and fast on Avon Azaros on the CBRXX years ago and am glad to have this set now. An underrated mfger IMO. Like glue the other week up in the Smokies...wet roads too.

All, The remaining set of Renntec crashbars bars is currently reserved for a group buy tdm'er whose shipping got screwed up. The bars became scratched in route so Renntec and I are attempting to sort out the problem with what we have available. If I have a set to offer for sale after this problemo is sorted I'll update the thread with that info.
I think we may be sold out though since a few other tdm'ers have come forward with interest and only one of the sets I purchased as spare to get the buy into production, now currently in purgatory due to the shipping snafu, remains...

Hate to suggest it but we may already be on our way to a fresh batch of ten if interest continues to bubble up out there... Last time we got seven to buy up front, I closed the loop by purchasing three myself on speculation and away we went. Ten was the minimum for special production by Renntec. I ain't got no more speculative funds 'vailable so y'all are on your own if you go back at it with Hannah over at Renntec. She basically kept a waiting list in her inbox of enquirers for the particular part and was fairly communicative along the way.
bumbadeeda is offline   Reply With Quote