ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #271
Gian
dreamer
 
Gian's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: north east of Italy
Oddometer: 1,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian View Post
Sorry if it was asked and replied before, anyway I had to revert to GE6.2 because GE7 wouldn't work properly on my old desktop. And now no way to make the Rally Navigator work... any clue?
any help with this ?
Gian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #272
DaveRMS
Beastly Adventurer
 
DaveRMS's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: San Rafael, CA
Oddometer: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian View Post
any help with this ?
We fixed some problems and now everyone should use GE 7.

Dave
DaveRMS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:44 AM   #273
Gian
dreamer
 
Gian's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: north east of Italy
Oddometer: 1,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveRMS View Post
We fixed some problems and now everyone should use GE 7.

Dave
I mean I can't use GE7 on my desktop, because it doesn't work with Mapsource or even Google Maps. So I can only use GE6.2, but it looks your amazing Rally Navigator doesn't work with GE 6.2, any chance?
Many thanks
Gian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:33 AM   #274
DaveRMS
Beastly Adventurer
 
DaveRMS's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: San Rafael, CA
Oddometer: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian View Post
I mean I can't use GE7 on my desktop, because it doesn't work with Mapsource or even Google Maps. So I can only use GE6.2, but it looks your amazing Rally Navigator doesn't work with GE 6.2, any chance?
Many thanks
I would imagine that it's only a matter of time before those others start using the current GE. We're not likely to go backwards in the meantime.

Maybe some other Windows users will chime in with their Mapsource experience and some tips.
DaveRMS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #275
RenoMoto OP
Rally Navigator
 
RenoMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Sitting at My Computer
Oddometer: 216
New Features Released Today!

Team:

We had added a few more features to Rally Navigator.


Added 4th Road type to the Tulip Drawing: 'Highway" See below.

User can now select the Road type for the Tulip drawing - that road type carries to all subsequent Tulips until the user selects a different road type.



More Navigation Icons - Thanks to Alessio Corradini for designing these beautiful icons. Check the "Landmarks 2" tab in the Waypoint editor.



Improved the way no-go roads are added - the first road is dropped at 90 degrees and the second road is dropped directly opposite - it forms a perpendicular road intersection in two quick moves.

Lots of little improvements - Take it for a spin at www.rallynavigator.com

Feedback is welcome!
__________________
Mike Shirley
Double Diamond Athletic Club - Reno - Nevada
500 XCW - 990 Adventure R - 690 Duke
Pics - Moto - Dakar Rally - Rally Mongolia - TAT - F1 - Sports Cars - Crap
Rally Navigator - Create, Print & Share Rally Routes with Google Earth.

RenoMoto screwed with this post 07-10-2013 at 10:51 PM
RenoMoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #276
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!
 
Yellow Pig's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Kalifornia
Oddometer: 7,221
I just had a new glitch pop up. I was looking over an older road-book I did this winter and noticed that my tulips no longer fit in the window. Many of the arrow ended up out of the box.

When I went to edit the tulips the arrows and symbols were all inside the edit box, but when I got out of the edit mode the arrows/symbols no longer fit in the tulip box on the road-book.

Update: Strange, on the Laptop everything is OK, but on the Desktop I get cropped tulips.

Any ideas?
__________________
So Many Idiots, So Few Comets!!!!!!!!!

Yellow Pig screwed with this post 07-21-2013 at 09:56 PM
Yellow Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #277
DaveRMS
Beastly Adventurer
 
DaveRMS's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: San Rafael, CA
Oddometer: 1,093
Check your browser's zoom level (control +/- typically). The current app doesn't support zooming properly.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig View Post
I just had a new glitch pop up. I was looking over an older road-book I did this winter and noticed that my tulips no longer fit in the window. Many of the arrow ended up out of the box.

When I went to edit the tulips the arrows and symbols were all inside the edit box, but when I got out of the edit mode the arrows/symbols no longer fit in the tulip box on the road-book.

Update: Strange, on the Laptop everything is OK, but on the Desktop I get cropped tulips.

Any ideas?
DaveRMS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #278
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!
 
Yellow Pig's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Kalifornia
Oddometer: 7,221
Nope. I tried zooming way in and way out, but the arrows are still out of the tulip box.
__________________
So Many Idiots, So Few Comets!!!!!!!!!
Yellow Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:43 PM   #279
RenoMoto OP
Rally Navigator
 
RenoMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Sitting at My Computer
Oddometer: 216
Rally Navigator - Premium Version is Here! The Real Deal!

Inmates,

I have been working on the Rally Navigator project for nearly two years and tonight we finally released our Premium Version - no more beta testing - it's the REAL DEAL! It's a big milestone for the project and I thought it was worth sharing.



I'm hoping Rally Navigator will grow the sport of Rally and help create more navigation based motorcycle events around the world.


We will be offering a basic Free Version and full feature Premium and Pro Versions.

Standard Features on All Versions
  • Automatically Capture Segment Distance & Basic Tulip Drawing
  • Drag and Drop Rally Navigation Icons
  • Custom Tulip Drawing Tools
  • Drag and Drop 5 Basic Waypoint Text Descriptions
  • Supports Kilometers or Miles
  • Facebook Integration for Sharing
  • Sharing Preferences: Keep Route Private - Share with Select Friends - Share in Public library
  • Select Road Type for Tulip Drawing
  • Automatically Calculate and Print Fuel Range in Header

We offer 2 Upgraded Versions of Rally Navigator:
Premium Version – for Personal use, not for Commercial use

Pro Version - Licensed for Commercial use by event and race organizers

Learn more about Free, Premium and Pro Versions


Getting Started and Creating a Route

Premium Version - Detailed Tulips, Icons, Headings
  • Print Roadbooks with Complete Tulips and Navigation Icons
  • Show and Hide CAP Headings and GPS Coordinates for each Waypoint
  • Create Rally Route From Imported GPX tracks
  • Utilization of Google Earth Roads & Routing Function - Snap Track to Road
  • Support for Continuous Roll Print Output
  • Import Captured GPX Tracks Over Existing Routes to Correct Route After Pre-run
  • Export GPX Tracks of Routes to GPS Units for Pre-Running



Free Version Printing - Basic Info Only

Thanks to Dave Peckham at Rally Management Services & Paul van Dinther from Planet in Action for their help bringing Rally Navigator to life.

A very special thanks to the great Scott Whitney (Hog Wild) - this project would not exist without his inspiration.

__________________
Mike Shirley
Double Diamond Athletic Club - Reno - Nevada
500 XCW - 990 Adventure R - 690 Duke
Pics - Moto - Dakar Rally - Rally Mongolia - TAT - F1 - Sports Cars - Crap
Rally Navigator - Create, Print & Share Rally Routes with Google Earth.
RenoMoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:12 AM   #280
SteveDennehy
Steve
 
SteveDennehy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Oddometer: 168
The effort you have put into this brilliant project is most appreciated. $49 per year is unquestionably worth it, so I paid it with a smile.

Thanks
SteveDennehy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:18 AM   #281
AugustFalcon
Beastly Adventurer
 
AugustFalcon's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Waterford, Connecticut U.S.A.
Oddometer: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDennehy View Post
The effort you have put into this brilliant project is most appreciated. $49 per year is unquestionably worth it, so I paid it with a smile.

Thanks
Thanks for posting the price -- couldn't find it on the website without logging in and opting for the 7 day trial and I did not want to blow the trial without first knowing if I could afford it.

If they think its a fair price they should just post it up front
and not be bashful. They have put a lot of work into this and the product is well worth what they are asking!
__________________
cheers... jack

04 BMW R1100S
02 KTM 250 Exc Racing


SmugMug referral code: jXF8ohDWlTm56
AugustFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #282
DaveRMS
Beastly Adventurer
 
DaveRMS's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: San Rafael, CA
Oddometer: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustFalcon View Post
Thanks for posting the price -- couldn't find it on the website without logging in and opting for the 7 day trial and I did not want to blow the trial without first knowing if I could afford it.

If they think its a fair price they should just post it up front
and not be bashful. They have put a lot of work into this and the product is well worth what they are asking!
It's a bug that you couldn't see the price without logging in. I just pushed the fix. We're also waiting for the graphics guy to send an image for the home page to show the price.

Anyone can read about the subscription here: http://www.rallynavigator.com/subscriptions.

Thanks for the feedback.

Dave

DaveRMS screwed with this post 07-29-2013 at 09:32 AM
DaveRMS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #283
homerj
742 Evergreen Terrace
 
homerj's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: 742 Evergreen Terrace
Oddometer: 4,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveRMS View Post
It's a bug that you couldn't see the price without logging in. I just pushed the fix. We're also waiting for the graphics guy to send an image for the home page to show the price.

Anyone can read about the subscription here: http://www.rallynavigator.com/subscriptions.

Thanks for the feedback.

Dave
Dave, not sure if you remember talking about this at the So Co Roadbook Ride, but the ability to add an entry to the roadbook portion of the program and manually enter the mileage would be handy esp after a pre run. It would allow the RB author to add a gate, or a wash out or whatever w.o having to find the precise spot on the track inside RN.
__________________
09 570 Rallye Beast
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…"-Hunter S. Thompson
homerj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #284
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///
 
Hayduke's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Salida, coloRADo
Oddometer: 43,706
Just used the "overlay gpx" ability for the first time; Freaking cool feature!
__________________
"What these people need is some mental psychology."-Bonnie Abbzug

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #285
DaveRMS
Beastly Adventurer
 
DaveRMS's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: San Rafael, CA
Oddometer: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerj View Post
Dave, not sure if you remember talking about this at the So Co Roadbook Ride, but the ability to add an entry to the roadbook portion of the program and manually enter the mileage would be handy esp after a pre run. It would allow the RB author to add a gate, or a wash out or whatever w.o having to find the precise spot on the track inside RN.
Another good idea.
DaveRMS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014