Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #8371
Royal Club
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay_xr View Post
Well fuck me with an iron stick !!!

The goddamn European Parliament voted yes on mandatory annual roadworthy tests for motorcycles.
Something we have NEVER had before, and something that is completely unnecessary.

Dutch roads have among the lowest number of traffic accidents in the whole goddamn world, and if you check the numbers the amount of accidents involving a motorcycle that are due to poor maintenance of the bike is infinitesimal.

Knowing European bureaucratics, this is gonna cost a shitload of money (which is ofcourse the whole reason they're implementing it) and is going to be riddled with legislation that my old '87 XR6 is NOT going to pass.

Goddamn politicians, learn to manage your goddamn money instead of extorting people that have something they enjoy and gives them just a little diversion from the 15 different kinds of taxes they already pay out the ass !

Sorry 'bout that fellas, I think I'll go ride .....
I don't think they can enforce something really strict on older bikes.. and if so I'll work something up, I'm talking about getting the papers to become a (apk keurmeester, don't know the english for it) together with the chap I help with his business in scooters/quads and motorclycles..
Old 07-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #8372
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,300
Quote:
Well fuck me with an iron stick !!!

The goddamn European Parliament voted yes on mandatory annual roadworthy tests for motorcycles.
Something we have NEVER had before, and something that is completely unnecessary.

Dutch roads have among the lowest number of traffic accidents in the whole goddamn world, and if you check the numbers the amount of accidents involving a motorcycle that are due to poor maintenance of the bike is infinitesimal.

Knowing European bureaucratics, this is gonna cost a shitload of money (which is ofcourse the whole reason they're implementing it) and is going to be riddled with legislation that my old '87 XR6 is NOT going to pass.

Goddamn politicians, learn to manage your goddamn money instead of extorting people that have something they enjoy and gives them just a little diversion from the 15 different kinds of taxes they already pay out the ass !

Sorry 'bout that fellas, I think I'll go ride .....
Are all Euro countires super Nanny states now? Here in the US the only state that is that bad is California, and maybe a few others close.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #8373
Captain115
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 273
Steve, that look delicious! And an Oreo base...your machinist is a lucky guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsalvadorklr View Post
SLAP ON A 158 MAIN JET OR A 160, NEEDLE IN 4TH CLIP(1 LEANER THAN STOCK as a base then richen up if needed...

Im using a 155 now in my stock carb with uni filter and stock 88 system and its snappy and peppy, crisp acceleration and no bogging however I have not done a topspeed run...havent felt the need really...I too have a 62 pilot jet...it makes starting easier than stock 60...
Thanks man, I'll give that a go! Although I've cleaned a few carbs (due to buying/fixing my friends old bikes) I've never bothered really playing around with the jetting of before. I knew you'd have the good info for this shit, I remember seeing you try and get the jetting spot on for what seemed like ages. I'll let you know how I go.
__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Deejay, that sucks so much. But maybe it will get lost in parliment, or won't be implemented till 2020 or something? I mean, that is a absolutely massive scale operation of testing every bike, every year! Maybe it won't come to fruition?

If it makes you feel any better, Queensland (my state) is apparently brining in new anti-hooning laws. Hooning in Aus and NZ is pretty much car or bike street racing, burnouts, wheelies etc.
If you get caught doing any of these its an immediate 90 suspension/confiscation and large fine. If you get caught a second time, they sell your vehicle at an auction OR CRUSH YOUR VEHICLE AND SELL IT FOR SCRAP METAL.

I'm hoping that it won't get brought in but politicians love to say they are combating things like hooning.

Cheers,

John
Captain115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #8374
Royal Club
Gnarly Adventurer

"hooning" will get your license taken here in the Netherlands (where Deejay and I come from) sometimes followed by a "EMG Cursus" which is a course you must take, costing around 700euro's (908USD, 993AUSD) and circa 2months time.
(this mostly covers wheely-ing. racing etc... There is an article in our law, nr. 5 that states the next:

Quote:
It is prohibited for anyone to behave in such way that danger on the road is caused or may be caused or that the traffic on the road is obstructed or be hindered in such.
Which can allmost mean anything..
Old 07-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #8375
RoostMaster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
Wicked Stock carby settings

Here here Captain !,
def' listen to Elsalvador on this one, I run 160 main and 64 pilot, 3 clips from top, 2 1/2 turns out. I've been riding with these settings for ages now with no complaints..makes good power, starts well ect.ect however feel it is a very good starting point (this is at sea level), SO I'm just about to fine tune and fettle with leaner jets as there maybe more room to move ......UNTIL last night, iiiiiit's FFFFFCCCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRR TIIIIIIIIIIIIIME !!!! Yea Haaaa!

AAHHHH !. Whats the best way to clearance the corner of the tank ???????

(PS my Honda manual has a jetting chart, which indicates 158/160 main at sea level.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain115 View Post
Steve, that look delicious! And an Oreo base...your machinist is a lucky guy.

Thanks man, I'll give that a go! Although I've cleaned a few carbs (due to buying/fixing my friends old bikes) I've never bothered really playing around with the jetting of before. I knew you'd have the good info for this shit, I remember seeing you try and get the jetting spot on for what seemed like ages. I'll let you know how I go.
__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Deejay, that sucks so much. But maybe it will get lost in parliment, or won't be implemented till 2020 or something? I mean, that is a absolutely massive scale operation of testing every bike, every year! Maybe it won't come to fruition?

If it makes you feel any better, Queensland (my state) is apparently brining in new anti-hooning laws. Hooning in Aus and NZ is pretty much car or bike street racing, burnouts, wheelies etc.
If you get caught doing any of these its an immediate 90 suspension/confiscation and large fine. If you get caught a second time, they sell your vehicle at an auction OR CRUSH YOUR VEHICLE AND SELL IT FOR SCRAP METAL.

I'm hoping that it won't get brought in but politicians love to say they are combating things like hooning.

Cheers,

John
RoostMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #8376
RoostMaster
Gnarly Adventurer

IRON STICK, no lube.

You guys already got the iron stick when you got this one ! ......
WITH NO LUBE !
The government were not fucking about when they put this one through , that does not even mention in a vehicle, applicable pedestrians/bicycles ect.????. wow.
As you say 'Could be just about anything...'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Club View Post
"hooning" will get your license taken here in the Netherlands (where Deejay and I come from) sometimes followed by a "EMG Cursus" which is a course you must take, costing around 700euro's (908USD, 993AUSD) and circa 2months time.
(this mostly covers wheely-ing. racing etc... There is an article in our law, nr. 5 that states the next:

Which can allmost mean anything..
Old 07-03-2013, 04:07 AM   #8377
deejay_xr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Yes, the European Union likes to see itself as a supernanny state, imposing all kinds of things on it's participating countries.

We were given the choice of whether or not to join the European Parliament in the form of a referendum several years ago and the people voted with a resounding NO.
Politicians then panicked because they weren't expecting that, so eventually they threw the results overboard and decided to go ahead with it anyway. Sounds pretty democratic right?

Like Captain said, here's to hoping the decision to implement it in so many countries is so comprehensive it runs into all sorts of trouble and won't be atleast for another few years.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:10 AM   #8378
deejay_xr
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoostMaster View Post
You guys already got the iron stick when you got this one ! ......
WITH NO LUBE !
The government were not fucking about when they put this one through , that does not even mention in a vehicle, applicable pedestrians/bicycles ect.????. wow.
As you say 'Could be just about anything...'
It's about motorized vehicles, something that you have to have a license for.

But yeah, you're pretty much at the mercy of the officer in most cases on the 'article 5' thing.
Best part is that we have one license for every drivers license you ever get. So if I were to pop a wheelie on a 50 cc scooter on a bicycle path they will take my license and I am immediately not allowed to ride a motorcycle or drive a car anymore either
Old 07-03-2013, 04:12 AM   #8379
deejay_xr
Gnarly Adventurer

BTW Captain, awesome that you managed to fix your headaches and you get to enjoy your piggy !
Old 07-03-2013, 04:33 AM   #8380
RoostMaster
Gnarly Adventurer

Same with us on the single licence thingy, altho of peeps who lose their licence it's estimated that 75% continue to drive. Do you guys have booze buses? Victorian Police have full sized busses decked out to handle large volume drink drive testing, block off the entire road testing every vehicle coming through..?

Quote:
It's about motorized vehicles, something that you have to have a license for.

But yeah, you're pretty much at the mercy of the officer in most cases on the 'article 5' thing.
Best part is that we have one license for every drivers license you ever get. So if I were to pop a wheelie on a 50 cc scooter on a bicycle path they will take my license and I am immediately not allowed to ride a motorcycle or drive a car anymore either
Old 07-03-2013, 04:47 AM   #8381
benno.h
cageracer

Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoostMaster View Post

AAHHHH !. Whats the best way to clearance the corner of the tank ???????
Not necessarily the best way, but this is what I did:
- drain all petrol
- fill with water
- use heat gun to soften area of tank you need to mold
- mold with suitable object (piece of steam pipe in my case, can use cricket ball etc)
I'll step out on a limb here and state that bikes without kick starters are just plain gay, for pansies, ladyboys, and suchlike. Furthermore, they should have to ride at the back, not speak until spoken too, and set everyone else's tents up, then cook and wash up afterwards, before sitting up all night guarding the real men's bikes.
benno.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:50 AM   #8382
deejay_xr
Gnarly Adventurer

Drink driving isn't as much of an issue here as it is in OZ from what I've heard. But yeah we have those, they funnel everybody in for a breathalyzer test. They try to be all cutesy about it here, giving you a keychain and stuff if you pass
Old 07-03-2013, 04:51 AM   #8383
deejay_xr
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by benno.h View Post
Not necessarily the best way, but this is what I did:
- drain all petrol
- fill with water
- use heat gun to soften area of tank you need to mold
- mold with suitable object (piece of steam pipe in my case, can use cricket ball etc)
Yes, definitely fill the tank with a medium before molding.
Water would be the easiest to get out without any traces afterwards
Old 07-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #8384
Royal Club
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
drink driving isn't as much of an issue here as it is in oz from what i've heard. But yeah we have those, they funnel everybody in for a breathalyzer test. They try to be all cutesy about it here, giving you a keychain and stuff if you pass
they don't give those keychains out anymore :(((((
Old 07-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #8385
RoostMaster
Gnarly Adventurer

Politie-afdeling Marketing liep uit sleutelhanger geld ?

Thanks for the tank tips fella's, I'll get on it soon, mate has turned up an adaptor which looks Schmicko ! ROOST.