ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #16
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Oddometer: 23,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entheogen View Post
If I was the pigs, I would have the person(s) who was allegedly "harassed" being interviewed.

Coincidence how someone gets offended and then the place burns down?

5-0 should be on the way but I'm sure there are more important things to do like write tickets and bust cannabis users.
the alleged harassment took place 4 years ago.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #17
Off Limits
Really?

Oddometer: 3,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
the alleged harassment took place 4 years ago.
Bitches are crazy and will wait 4 years for revenge! Ever heard of divorce cases going 4 years or longer?
Old 07-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #18
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Old 07-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #19
'Rett Butler
Happily Married

Oddometer: 1,066
Sorry for the confusion. I searched for an old thread to revive rather than start a new one. I never stopped there myself because of reports that he would never part with anything & seeing rotting bodies of bikes that were and never will be again is about as depressing as a morgue.
'Rett Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #20
Mil T
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 618
Yep it's gone. Unfortunately so is the 49 ford cabover I wanted to buy from him. Perhaps he will sell now now at a reduced price. Believe me. Adler had a reputation that proceeded him. It will be interesting to see what becomes of this. Insurance maybe? I'm sure there will be an investigation.

Mil T
Old 07-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #21
azredline
Wobbly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
I asked him about that old panel van he had piled on top of the other vehicles, and he said he didn't want to bother getting it out of there to sell!

There were lots of rumors about other things for sale there and the junkyard was just a front to hide the other activities. I don't know, but on the few occasions I saw something I could use the price was laughable.

Anyway, I always liked looking around in there and I'm sad to see it gone. I wonder who will have to clean it up?
Old 07-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #22
WantToRideMoar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Rett Butler View Post
Sorry for the confusion. I searched for an old thread to revive rather than start a new one. I never stopped there myself because of reports that he would never part with anything & seeing rotting bodies of bikes that were and never will be again is about as depressing as a morgue.
I don't know about the whole molestation angle... can't comment one way or another.

However I have bought a kickstart lever from him. So I know he'll part with stuff.

He was a nice and helpful guy when I was there.
WantToRideMoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #23
roadglider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Rye

I remember years ago I wanted to buy some stuff for my 75 RD350. He had a nearly complete one there but he wanted an insane amount for the parts. Then I asked how much did he want for the whole bike and the dumbass got all pissed off and started acting like a jerk. I've never been back since. The claims of harassment don't surprise me any. But before that incident I used to always stop there on rides from Flagstaff to the White mountains and rather enjoyed just looking at stuff. He should have just made it a museum. Too bad he didn't sell the stuff before it all went up in smoke. What a waste.
roadglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #24
fuggy
Canyon Explorer

Oddometer: 661
This place was a joke! The guy that owns it is a bigger joke! Y'all should be ashamed of shopping there and giving him any business on his over-priced rusted out parts. Sam Walton has higher quality items in his stores.

Apparently they used a bull-dozer to access putting the fire out....which according to the investigators searching for foul-play, destroyed all evidence of 'potential' foul-play. <---Not a Joke.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #25
Yellowdatsun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
As much as I hate to see this vintage stuff burnt to a crisp, I'm also happy at the same time. We've tried to buy numerous things from this guy over the years, but he either won't sell, or wants some stupidly astronomical price. His prices were usually 3-4 time the actual value of the piece. So I'm somewhat pleased to see his precious hoard burn to the ground.

Could have been a great asset to the MC community, had it been run by someone that wasn't so bizarre and had some sense of realistic business model. I think he never really wanted to sell anything, but was rather a genuine hoarder that needed some psychiatric help. So it's probably for the best that the fire forced him to clean house.
Yellowdatsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #26
Off Limits
Really?

You guys are lamefucks for being happy all those bikes burned because he wouldn't sell you parts. They were his. His decision, his property, his dream collection.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #27
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Longriders View Post
You guys are lamefucks for being happy all those bikes burned because he wouldn't sell you parts. They were his. His decision, his property, his dream collection.
and our dream is to be miserable old fucks. so stfu and let us complain.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #28
Off Limits
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
and our dream is to be miserable old fucks. so stfu and let us complain.
Ok