ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 11:31 PM   #3151
lqgsrider
LQDesert Rider
 
lqgsrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Lower CA Desert
Oddometer: 335
Nice pics Lalo
__________________
2004 BMW GSA
2013 Suzuki Wee-Strom
2012 Suzuki DRZ 400s
lqgsrider is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 05:28 AM   #3152
Navel
Omphaloskeptical
 
Navel's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Galicia, Spain. Exiled in Madrid.
Oddometer: 152
__________________

LOL
I say things like that to get a reaction from people.
I know there are some beautiful beaches in Europe.......I just haven't been to them yet. I have only been here for 3 weeks now. And I have just been to the touristy places.
I hear Greece is nice. And I am heading that way to the north part of Spain in the next few days. Maybe you can show me where it is and we can drink some cold Albarino there.[/QUOTE]

Bottles are in the fridge waiting!
Navel is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #3153
sonnyboy
Adventurer
 
sonnyboy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Cape Town,RSA
Oddometer: 312
I wish you fantastic happiness and hope you have a good holiday with Kathe but we are missing the travelling Flying Dutchman seriously soldering on through the hardship of RTW travellers and having to endure the hardship of wine tasting, new places & people on a near daily base and the sharing that with us through cool pics and stories
sonnyboy is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 08:53 AM   #3154
vintagespeed
fNg
 
vintagespeed's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonger, CA
Oddometer: 1,616
^^^^ bah! speak for yourself! some of us are quite content to be brought along on this simply amazing ride report.




and bikini #2 has my vote so far. (the green one)
__________________
'12 Triumph ST3R corner raper (sold, sadly), '09 HusaBerg FE570 (also sold) and a bunch of 2 strokes that you dont want to read about. :)

TAT-2013: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=913898
SoCal_NoDak-2012: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829203
vintagespeed is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #3155
Chickenlegs
Adventurer
 
Chickenlegs's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Warrior River, AL
Oddometer: 91
Living the dream!


So far the best bikini:


[/QUOTE]

Lalo - The most interesting man in the world
__________________
Life - No one gets out alive.
Chickenlegs is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #3156
bmac
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Oddometer: 205
So....let me see if I have this right. You left on an 800 day motorcycle adventure around the world and in the middle of it you had to take a break to go on a cruise...too funny!

Great report Lalo and keep it coming but not when Cathe wants to spend some time on the beach.
__________________
For the dreamers amongst us: In life, we can be sure of death, taxes, and winning the lottery, everything else is a crapshoot.
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere ES
2007 Aprilia Tuono
bmac is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #3157
Steveo1kinevo
Adventurer
 
Steveo1kinevo's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: South Florida
Oddometer: 51
Dude, your like a modern day James Bond. lol Enjoy every second of the rest of this trip...will prob be the best adventure of your life. :)
Steveo1kinevo is offline  
Old 07-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #3158
estebansos
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Bogotá, Colombia
Oddometer: 101
Balcarce and Turkey

While I am just catching up on all your recent activity I dont know for sure if you stopped by the Fangio museum in Balcarce Argentina. If not, you now have a very good reason to go back. ;)

http://www.museofangio.com/

oh and once you get back on the bike, dont miss Turkey. 2 of the most incredible landscapes in the world are there.

While in Spain, try the MUGA Rioja Wine, one to remember.

Best of luck, safe travels.
estebansos is offline  
Old 07-04-2013, 09:03 AM   #3159
TSRT97
I am third
 
TSRT97's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Hellinois
Oddometer: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenlegs View Post
So far the best bikini:


Lalo - The most interesting man in the world[/QUOTE]

So far the best bikini is...all of them!
__________________
2000 BMW R1100RT
1980 GS850GT
TSRT97 is offline  
Old 07-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #3160
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Central Europe
Oddometer: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navel View Post
__________________

LOL
I say things like that to get a reaction from people.
I know there are some beautiful beaches in Europe.......I just haven't been to them yet. I have only been here for 3 weeks now. And I have just been to the touristy places.
I hear Greece is nice. And I am heading that way to the north part of Spain in the next few days. Maybe you can show me where it is and we can drink some cold Albarino there.
Bottles are in the fridge waiting! [/QUOTE]



I am heading that way now.
Wine tasting in Rioja tomorrow (Friday)
And then heading toward Portugal.
Send me a private message how I can find you.
I don't have a phone and I don't have detailed maps loaded in to my GPS so it might be tricky.
But give a city and I will head in that direction.
flyingdutchman177 is offline  
Old 07-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #3161
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Central Europe
Oddometer: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboy View Post
I wish you fantastic happiness and hope you have a good holiday with Kathe but we are missing the travelling Flying Dutchman seriously soldering on through the hardship of RTW travellers and having to endure the hardship of wine tasting, new places & people on a near daily base and the sharing that with us through cool pics and stories

I was thinking the exact same thing.
I am behind on my pictures but I dropped Kathe off at the airport yesterday and me and the Flying Dutchman set off to explore the world again.
Of course I miss her, but it fesls good again to do what I love to do........explore the world for adventure.
I slept in my hammock last night and it felt so good.
I had an awesome camp spot and I can't wait to post the pics but I still have some catching up to do.
I still have a few more bikini pics to post for those who care about that
flyingdutchman177 is offline  
Old 07-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #3162
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Central Europe
Oddometer: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac View Post
So....let me see if I have this right. You left on an 800 day motorcycle adventure around the world and in the middle of it you had to take a break to go on a cruise...too funny!

Great report Lalo and keep it coming but not when Cathe wants to spend some time on the beach.

That cruise was so spontaneous.
We actually booked it 2 days before we sailed.
And we never even discussed going on a cruise before then.
I have said before, this trip is much more than just a motorcycle ride.
It is hard to plan things much more than a couple of days out because of so many variables.
And as I was riding along today, I was thinking that I could make this trip twice as long if 1) I didn't pick up a GF along the way and 2) I didn't have such a strong passion for GOOD wine.
But I wouldn't change a thing
In fact, I picked up two bottles of Rioja Grand Reserva today.
Can't wait to pop one open tonight where ever I find a place to camp.
I hope it is by a river, I need a bath!!!!
flyingdutchman177 is offline  
Old 07-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #3163
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Central Europe
Oddometer: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo1kinevo View Post
Dude, your like a modern day James Bond. lol Enjoy every second of the rest of this trip...will prob be the best adventure of your life. :)
Thanks for all the nice comments
To be compared with James Bond and the Dos Equis man are two of the best compliments a man can receive.
But I got better one in Madrid. A cute German backpacker in my hostel was watching me load up my moto. She didn't say much to me the 2 days I was there. But she finally spoke up and said......."what are you doing and where are you going?????"
And when I told her her, she said I was like Steve McQueen!!!!
Now that one stuck with me!!!!!
flyingdutchman177 is offline  
Old 07-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #3164
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Central Europe
Oddometer: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by estebansos View Post
While I am just catching up on all your recent activity I dont know for sure if you stopped by the Fangio museum in Balcarce Argentina. If not, you now have a very good reason to go back. ;)

http://www.museofangio.com/

oh and once you get back on the bike, dont miss Turkey. 2 of the most incredible landscapes in the world are there.

While in Spain, try the MUGA Rioja Wine, one to remember.

Best of luck, safe travels.
I missed the Fangio museum but I will try and catch it on my way back.
I am running out of summer but I hope to have time for Turkey otherwise I will have to rethink my plans as I really want to go there.
And I have Bodega Muga set in my GPS and I am heading there tomorrow.
It's one of my favs!!!!
flyingdutchman177 is offline  
Old 07-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #3165
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Central Europe
Oddometer: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSRT97 View Post
Lalo - The most interesting man in the world
So far the best bikini is...all of them![/QUOTE]


Ok.......but we have about 190 to go

More to come
flyingdutchman177 is offline  
Closed Thread

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014