Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #11
tricepilot OP
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,298
The Shootout Hacienda in "The Wild Bunch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Navaja View Post
Nope not on that trip in my RR. The bike had street tires on it during that first trip. However, on my second trip, I went up to Santo Madero again and spied several ruins with my binos. These ruins had dirt roads leading to them. These were easy to locate on my topo map from Santo Madero, so I shot an azimuth to them from there, found the dirt roads when I got to the low ground and had no problem getting to these smaller ruins on the bike with the dual tires. For the first trip the dirt road to the hacienda was in pretty good condition, IMO, heading south until reaching that ejido shack. Nobody home. From there went west on foot because things turned to crap. I had asked at El Farol about getting a horse, they told me they could arrange for that, but in the end I got to the hacienda by other means (PM'ing the details...).
As an epilogue to the RR I'll be posting up photos of this whole subject, even though it occured first before we took off into the dirt.

The hacienda was asleep before Hollywood got there, and now has returned to a somewhat eternal state of slumber.

Some funny things happened there (dog attack! run away!) but I'll get to it later.

There is a very small ADV club I would think that has made the trek to find this famous filming location - which is out in the middle of No-wheres-ville Coahuila.

Got your PM, alls I can say is HIGH FIVE for you!

tricepilot screwed with this post 07-04-2013 at 10:50 AM
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote