ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #8086
dryden_rider_54
Sun Seeker
 
dryden_rider_54's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Just ahead of a flat line.
Oddometer: 1,774
Hot ride up. It was +32c in Kakabeka but as soon as we hit the lake effect it dropped to a perfect 22c. Within an hour the wind switched and back up to 30c. Sitting at Blues Fest now. Fabulous evening!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame spelling mistakes on autocorrect
__________________
"Every day is a school day.".
His - 2006 KLR Red, 2010 F800GS 30th Anniversary edition
Hers - 2003 KL250 Super Sherpa Green, 2010 F650GS Biarritz Blue Metallic
dryden_rider_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #8087
PiffleMaster
Beastly Adventurer
 
PiffleMaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Oddometer: 2,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryden_rider_54 View Post
Hot ride up. It was +32c in Kakabeka but as soon as we hit the lake effect it dropped to a perfect 22c. Within an hour the wind switched and back up to 30c. Sitting at Blues Fest now. Fabulous evening!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame spelling mistakes on autocorrect
WooHoo! Have a blast!
__________________
"He never met a stranger." Drif10 re DRCool
Have Sporadic Spot, will travel sporadically...
And a picture outside my window... Sometimes...
PiffleMaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #8088
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer
 
Nanabijou's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryden_rider_54 View Post
Hot ride up. It was +32c in Kakabeka but as soon as we hit the lake effect it dropped to a perfect 22c. Within an hour the wind switched and back up to 30c. Sitting at Blues Fest now. Fabulous evening!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame spelling mistakes on autocorrect
I'm out on my deck on Court St. right now listening too. Funny - I had to make a couple of runs to the dump today. While at the dump - the temp read-out on the car said 30C. As soon as I returned to my place - it said 22C. The cycle kept repeating itself each time I did a run.

Mike
Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #8089
Lappeman
He's Down Again!
 
Lappeman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Lappe, ON Coldest, wettest place...well not quite!
Oddometer: 2,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
I'm out on my deck on Court St. right now listening too. Funny - I had to make a couple of runs to the dump today. While at the dump - the temp read-out on the car said 30C. As soon as I returned to my place - it said 22C. The cycle kept repeating itself each time I did a run.

Mike
Just came from another shake down ride, thought you'd be at the Blues Fest, so I didn't drive by...not that I know where your house is anyway Came in from plus 30c and it felt like the arctic when I hit downtown. First thought was I could've tested my electric vest down here! I'll post a vid of the ride a little later.

Bike ran excellent...ready for the big trips now...I think
__________________
Lappeman
Photos http://s891.photobucket.com/profile/Lappeman
Youtube http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB-w...7m3yBQA/videos
2003 KLR 650 Alaskan Adventure
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Lappeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #8090
ZZR_Ron OP
Underground
 
ZZR_Ron's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 8,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lappeman View Post
Just came from another shake down ride, thought you'd be at the Blues Fest, so I didn't drive by...not that I know where your house is anyway Came in from plus 30c and it felt like the arctic when I hit downtown. First thought was I could've tested my electric vest down here! I'll post a vid of the ride a little later.

Bike ran excellent...ready for the big trips now...I think
The only problem i EVER had with my KLR was the rear shock, which i rebuilt for 28 bucks.
__________________
Great minds think alike;small minds seldom differ...
ZZR_Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #8091
Lappeman
He's Down Again!
 
Lappeman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Lappe, ON Coldest, wettest place...well not quite!
Oddometer: 2,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZR_Ron View Post
The only problem i EVER had with my KLR was the rear shock, which i rebuilt for 28 bucks.
Had the front and rear suspension upgraded with heavier springs, new seals and new oil, should be no problem there. Only problem I might have is with the electrical accessory blocks and wiring that I put in but hopefully I did a good job of it and I'll check it periodically anyway.
__________________
Lappeman
Photos http://s891.photobucket.com/profile/Lappeman
Youtube http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB-w...7m3yBQA/videos
2003 KLR 650 Alaskan Adventure
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Lappeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #8092
skysailor
Rat Rider
 
skysailor's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Kenora, Canada
Oddometer: 3,477
Got back from Thunder Bay on the Bandit last night. I is in the market for either a touring mount, or a new seat. Bloody painful! Need a butt transplant.
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #8093
BackRoader
Heading There Next
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: The Center of Canada, Home of the Arctic Vortex
Oddometer: 4,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
Got back from Thunder Bay on the Bandit last night. I is in the market for either a touring mount, or a new seat. Bloody painful! Need a butt transplant.
Lyle
Ok Lyle, that's it... Get rid of it!!! Stop talking about it !!!
Go out to the shed, get the Moose Gun, put a cap in its ass and sink it in a lake !!!
On another note!!!
We were treated to the Yamaha bikes this week, with three dealers having demo days, a few AdV guys had a chance to test the rides.

For you I would suggest the FJR, hight adjustable seat, sport/touring mode, luggage included and 200 kph plus top end!!! Nice.

My choice for best buy, the Bolt, a sportster on steroids ... Not suggesting you can tour on it, but a fun bike to ride.
__________________
2015 BMW R1200GS (Arriving in March), 2009 Yamaha WR250R, 1978 Yamaha XS650 SE, 2006 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, 2004 Yamaha BWS, 1967 Honda CD125 (on display at the Headingly Musem for the Winter)
BackRoader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #8094
gumbellion
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryden_rider_54 View Post
Hot ride up. It was +32c in Kakabeka but as soon as we hit the lake effect it dropped to a perfect 22c. Within an hour the wind switched and back up to 30c. Sitting at Blues Fest now. Fabulous evening!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame spelling mistakes on autocorrect
Hopefully the weather works out better for you guys tomorrow for your ride home than for me today. Went up to Nipigon to visit, and lauren and I were planning on going to blues fest today and I was going to head out tomorrow. Weather looked crap tomorrow but alright today.So we diecided i would leave today to stay dry, I was wrong. It rained from shabaqua to fort on me, torrential down pours at times. Had to stop at quetico north for soup and to change the under layers.

The ride there on Thurs was perfect though
gumbellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #8095
dryden_rider_54
Sun Seeker
 
dryden_rider_54's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Just ahead of a flat line.
Oddometer: 1,774
!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbellion View Post
Hopefully the weather works out better for you guys tomorrow for your ride home than for me today. Went up to Nipigon to visit, and lauren and I were planning on going to blues fest today and I was going to head out tomorrow. Weather looked crap tomorrow but alright today.So we diecided i would leave today to stay dry, I was wrong. It rained from shabaqua to fort on me, torrential down pours at times. Had to stop at quetico north for soup and to change the under layers.

The ride there on Thurs was perfect though
You need some Klim gear 100% waterproof!
Yes we got a few showers after about 5ish but at 7 the heavens opened up and the place got soaked. Headed home. Still one more day of BF so staying here until Monday. Looks like the weather is improving and the ride home should be cooler and maybe a passing shower.
__________________
"Every day is a school day.".
His - 2006 KLR Red, 2010 F800GS 30th Anniversary edition
Hers - 2003 KL250 Super Sherpa Green, 2010 F650GS Biarritz Blue Metallic
dryden_rider_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #8096
Lappeman
He's Down Again!
 
Lappeman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Lappe, ON Coldest, wettest place...well not quite!
Oddometer: 2,194
I did a second test run of about 60kms with the boxes on and loaded with tools. Visited Terry Fox lookout and swung by the marina before heading home. Bike ran great and I think it's ready for a long trip Hopefully the next video I upload will be a ride report to a far away location


__________________
Lappeman
Photos http://s891.photobucket.com/profile/Lappeman
Youtube http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB-w...7m3yBQA/videos
2003 KLR 650 Alaskan Adventure
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Lappeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:23 PM   #8097
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer
 
Nanabijou's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryden_rider_54 View Post
You need some Klim gear 100% waterproof!
Yes we got a few showers after about 5ish but at 7 the heavens opened up and the place got soaked. Headed home. Still one more day of BF so staying here until Monday. Looks like the weather is improving and the ride home should be cooler and maybe a passing shower.
So what happened to the Blues Festival? It seemed to start at around 2:30PM instead of 12PM on Saturday. And then I only heard a few acts - between long periods of silence. Did most of the acts get a chance to play despite the rain?

Mike
Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:55 AM   #8098
PiffleMaster
Beastly Adventurer
 
PiffleMaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Oddometer: 2,033
Lappeman

Hey Robert, looking pretty good.
__________________
"He never met a stranger." Drif10 re DRCool
Have Sporadic Spot, will travel sporadically...
And a picture outside my window... Sometimes...
PiffleMaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #8099
dryden_rider_54
Sun Seeker
 
dryden_rider_54's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Just ahead of a flat line.
Oddometer: 1,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
So what happened to the Blues Festival? It seemed to start at around 2:30PM instead of 12PM on Saturday. And then I only heard a few acts - between long periods of silence. Did most of the acts get a chance to play despite the rain?

Mike
Went down there at 1 and stayed until the huge downpour around 7 or 8. It became a woodstock water pit after that and my chair broke. We had seen Los Lobos and Lonely Boys before so leaving or staying in the rain was an easy decision. Looks like the rain has past so ready for a cooler but clear day 3 and a nice sunny ride home tomorrow..

Yes as far as i know all the acts were a go.
__________________
"Every day is a school day.".
His - 2006 KLR Red, 2010 F800GS 30th Anniversary edition
Hers - 2003 KL250 Super Sherpa Green, 2010 F650GS Biarritz Blue Metallic
dryden_rider_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #8100
BackRoader
Heading There Next
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: The Center of Canada, Home of the Arctic Vortex
Oddometer: 4,745
The weather forecast for toady "was supposed to be cooler".... 21 C which was to provide some relief while I work on my deck modifications.



I guess I am going riding instead


Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
__________________
2015 BMW R1200GS (Arriving in March), 2009 Yamaha WR250R, 1978 Yamaha XS650 SE, 2006 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, 2004 Yamaha BWS, 1967 Honda CD125 (on display at the Headingly Musem for the Winter)
BackRoader is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014