Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #631
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by formulals1 View Post
... single track ...I'm pretty sure was near silverton ...
I LOVE me some San Juan's

Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:29 AM   #632
Rabbot
rain+superbike=adventure

Oddometer: 548
Parking

Still looking for a place front range to park a toyota truck and 12' box trailer for the weeks of July 17th through the 30th. Coming out for the rally but want to ride some beforehand. Have one taker for a place farther west, but would like to minimize the truck time and maximize the bike time.

PM me if you can help.

Cheers Rob
Old 07-06-2013, 08:00 AM   #633
Oddfellow
Beasty Rider

Oddometer: 445
Trailer Parking in NM?

Driving up to RMAR in my Sportsmobile with a trailer and two bikes in tow. I am actually flying back home for a week between RMAR and Westfest. My wife will be joining me for Westfest. I plan on parking my van at the Santa Fe airport for the week in between but am looking for a safe place to park the bike trailer for a week in New Mexico, Taos or Santa Fe would be preferred. It is a small three rail trailer and will have a DR200 and a XR650R tied down to it. Certainly willing to compensate with cash, food or good whisk(e)y or barley pops.

2014 KTM 690 Enduro R
'02 BMW R1150 GS Adventure FOR SALE
'05 Honda XR650R (on the block next)
Oddfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #634
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by formulals1 View Post
Thanks, good info. I'll (and a buddy) be in Ouray during this events duration and will likely run into RMAR groups many times. It seems the immediate area lacks single track (or non jeep use) and I'm having trouble finding a trail I'm pretty sure was near silverton. Any good websites listing trails in the area?
Wilson Mesa Trail is one of my favorite single tracks in the area, more towards the Telluride side, tho...
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #635
MountainsandRivers
loves dirty things!

Oddometer: 2,098
East Fork near the top of Lizard Head Pass, heading back to Bolam/Durango Mtn Resort is a good one. Pole Creek and Lost Creek (sp?) just over Stoney Pass are the two main ones on that side (I haven't ridden them yet..but look good). Calico Trail outside Rico is an epic one, but a decent ass kicker. There are also a few other good ones around Hermosa Park..
Old 07-06-2013, 11:46 PM   #636
rinoman
Let's ride

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainsandRivers View Post
East Fork near the top of Lizard Head Pass, heading back to Bolam/Durango Mtn Resort is a good one. Pole Creek and Lost Creek (sp?) just over Stoney Pass are the two main ones on that side (I haven't ridden them yet..but look good). Calico Trail outside Rico is an epic one, but a decent ass kicker. There are also a few other good ones around Hermosa Park..
Trevor, I will be back from Europe on Wednesday before your ride. I am still planing on coming over on Thursday night to join you on Friday and Saturday. Please save me spot in your group. Thx
Old 07-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #637
OldtimerTC
XR650L

Oddometer: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
Yep that it is, no one forces anyone to come and have fun. Don't like the word Donate then call it a FEE, who cares except you Fe Man!!!

Well Said - + 1

1. Riding with some of the best people on the planet ! = Priceless !
2. Making friends from accross the country = Priceless !
3. Enjoying rides likes the TT& R ride, ( Todd , tood and Rob ) - Worth Millions !
4. Tall tales and campfire stories - Priceless !!!

5. Some of the most amazing scenary in the rockies. ( Probably the whole country ) = Priceless....

This event is BY FAR the best bang for the buck going.....60 bucks is nothing for what you get in return.....memories that last lifetimes !

To Big John, Mac, Modette and all the folks from RMAR --- Thank You !!!
You guys ROCK !!!!
Member COHVO
OldtimerTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #638
dawgtracker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
You Nailed It "Old Timer" Well Said!
dawgtracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #639
SteveO
Huh???

Oddometer: 1,154
Question Forest Closure.....

Today the wife and I were going to take a walk with the dogs in the Santa Fe Natl. Forest. We found that the DOT had closed off the road and would not allow anybody up the hill, due to the extreme fire danger.

So my question about our event is....... Is this still a go or sorta touch-n-go concerning riding in Colorado?

Life is a mist in the wind, here today and gone tomorrow; know who you are and where you are going after you pass through death's door.
SteveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #640
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
Today the wife and I were going to take a walk with the dogs in the Santa Fe Natl. Forest. We found that the DOT had closed off the road and would not allow anybody up the hill, due to the extreme fire danger.

So my question about our event is....... Is this still a go or sorta touch-n-go concerning riding in Colorado?

The central southwest ( Colorado)part of the rockies, where Silverton is located, seems to stay moderately wet. I the last 25 years we have visited, it has always been very green, with rain plenty fullness. That said, anything can happen.

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:30 AM   #641
Mac
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,086
Quote:

Our event is a still a big GO!
COHVCO Director at Large - Website Facebook
Member: NRA, AMA, TPA, MSF RC
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:36 AM   #642
MountainsandRivers
loves dirty things!

Quote:

Steve, this is happening when we get our "monsoon" season, which is usually light afternoon showers. We have already been starting to get a little moisture, which has been very welcome. I don't think there will be any problems, more like pack a rain coat if you are going all day and watch out being in high places in the afternoon!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:06 AM   #643
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,122
Quote:
Steve, this is happening when we get our "monsoon" season, which is usually light afternoon showers. We have already been starting to get a little moisture, which has been very welcome. I don't think there will be any problems, more like pack a rain coat if you are going all day and watch out being in high places in the afternoon!
I saw online where there are some closures around the Owl Creek Pass area. We planned on running up that way before the rally, but I don't know enough of the land marks to know what is closed and what is not. Stuff like from road 853 to Court House rock... Doesn't mean anything to me. Would it be best to just stay out of this area and go another way? I mean there are plenty of great roads in the area...
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #644
MountainsandRivers
loves dirty things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
I saw online where there are some closures around the Owl Creek Pass area. We planned on running up that way before the rally, but I don't know enough of the land marks to know what is closed and what is not. Stuff like from road 853 to Court House rock... Doesn't mean anything to me. Would it be best to just stay out of this area and go another way? I mean there are of great roads in the area...
There had been a fire over there, but not big. A lot can change in the next few weeks if we start to get our traditional afternoon showers. Like you said, lots of great roads if that is still closed, but I think chances are good it will be back to safer fire conditions soon!
Old 07-08-2013, 07:02 AM   #645
SteveO
Huh???

Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Yeah, I do recall last year's ride in the mountains. Everybody was soaked at one point due to the rain coming down. The trails quickly became slicker-n-snot......

Life is a mist in the wind, here today and gone tomorrow; know who you are and where you are going after you pass through death's door.
SteveO is offline   Reply With Quote