Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #76
docwyte
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 870
Gotta be careful of the water crossings. It's more than possible for a grown man to drown in 4 inches of water around here. The current is wickedly strong and the rocks are slippery.

I'm a noob rider, but let me know if you'd like to ride. I've been exploring the trails west of Sedalia in Rampart to Bailey...
Old 08-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #77
BRUTSQD OP
2 scoops of stupid

Oddometer: 237
Trip Planned

I had no idea this thread was still getting attention.. Good call on GC brewery, I'll definitely check it out.

Looks like I'm moving back to California after all, can't beat CA nursing wages. Next week I ride from Denver back to CA via WY ID OR and down the sierras to Sacramento. Considering yellowstone at my WY desintation. I'll post a RR to follow either here or in a new thread as it'll no longer be CO :( I absolutely love Colorado, but it doesnt pay to be a nurse out here unfortunately.
BRUTSQD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #78
roaming_art
KLR 685, 2009

Oddometer: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTSQD View Post
I had no idea this thread was still getting attention.. Good call on GC brewery, I'll definitely check it out.

Looks like I'm moving back to California after all, can't beat CA nursing wages. Next week I ride from Denver back to CA via WY ID OR and down the sierras to Sacramento. Considering yellowstone at my WY desintation. I'll post a RR to follow either here or in a new thread as it'll no longer be CO :( I absolutely love Colorado, but it doesnt pay to be a nurse out here unfortunately.
Good trip man! From a fellow Californian I was reading and rooting for you on your mad crazy escape! I'm applying for Nursing programs in So Cal and dealing with the mess that is our State education system. But, you're absolutely right in that you can't beat the wages here. Or the surf for that matter. Glad you put up images of Engineer, we skipped on that pass riding Cinnamon, California, Corkscrew and Ophir instead a few weeks ago. I'll have to get out and see what I missed next summer for sure. Stay sane in Sac Town bro!
No lazy, sun-kissed life was this, with nothing to do but loaf and be bored. Here was neither peace, nor rest, nor a moment's safety. All was confusion and action, and every moment life and limb were in peril. - Jack London
roaming_art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #79
cmills83
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTSQD View Post
21:00 I roll into Denver with pants so wet I couldn't have made them wetter through incontinence or otherwise. Perhaps if I hadn't stopped off at Tommyknocker brewery for an Oatmeal stout and a reuben I would have beat the typical "no warning" Colorado thunder showers...

Totally glad I didn't though as the beer was very worth it. Anyways, that was last night. Tonight I sit here in my favorite study spot, Leela's Cafe in downtown. It's an eclectic mix of students, stoners, tweakers, businessmen and oddly dressed older gentlemen who are either trying to look eccentric enough for the young girls to talk to, or they're trying to look eccentric enough for the young boys to talk to. There always seems to be a couple of these Uncle Bad Touch characters here, I'll keep an eye on 'em.

Last night I rolled in at 9pm from what turned out to be one hell of a good 4 day run at the Southwest corner of Colorado. First time I had ever been there so I truly had no idea what I was in for. In retrospect had I known it would be such ride report rich material I would have done a better job cataloging each beer, pizza and shot of crown. My best friend was doing some firefighter training in Montrose so I thought I'd use the excuse to take a break from school and check out Ouray, Telluride and some of Alpine Loop. Time to assemble some panniers and hit the road. As no-one reads Playboy for the articles, here ya go..

Oh Snap... South to Colorado Springs, Hwy 24 past Pikes Peak(too much traffic to attempt), East to Buena Vista, Hwy 50 to Morrow Point Reservoir for a little camping...

Campsite hunting..

Dales?

The crazy part is I haven't even made it to the pretty parts yet...

Tomorrow: Ouray, Engineer Pass, Corkscrew trail and whole lot of cussing... Pictures haven't started yet..

Shane co. and cash register building all in one post, two denver icons

http://modernmoto.net

Spain & Portugal http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=906031
cmills83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #80
peepeesac
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Pagosa Springs breakfast next Thursday?

First: Man I love your pics

Second: Clint and I (hopefully Wayne too) are riding up there from east TX next Wednesday...starting early so he can get a Saddlesore 1000. Gonna stay in Pagosa Springs Wed night, go for a soak Thurs morning then eating a very greasy and fried breakfast. After that, COBDR for the next 3 days-no real plans other than get away from cell phone coverage. If youre not doing anything, come on by and meet us for breakfast. We will be on a couple of GSs with Texas plates; I would give my number, but am not very techy and dont want to publish it...could someone point us to a good breakfast spot there in Pagosa Springs and lets make the time 10AM...hopefully see you there (again, someone please tell us where we should meet for breakfast-biscuits and gravy must be on menu)

Third: This is actually my first post; when and if I lose my job it will be because of all the time spent on this website
peepeesac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #81
BRUTSQD OP
2 scoops of stupid

Oddometer: 237
I'd love to meet up but unfortunately I'm out in California currently. I'm sad to say I decided to move back to Cali as nursing wages are double colorado's. I already miss Denver and the rockies. If you ever wind up riding in CA let me know, Im always looking for an excuse to go anywhere. Have a blast on the COBDR and be sure to spend a day in Telluride.
BRUTSQD is offline   Reply With Quote