Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #526
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,059
Tail tidies will probably be sold for almost every FZ/MT's purchased. The Plate area looks like an after thought, not a styled portion of an otherwise nice looking motorcycle...tp dd50
Old 07-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #527
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-cosmic View Post
I heard a very good news today from my local Yammie diler...
The 2013 Yamaha MT-09 is going to be showed to the world press in Croatia. Still unsure of where exactly, but i hope it's gonna be here on the coast, just like in 2011 with the premiere of V-storm 650.
I bet I know where..
P.B.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #528
versysrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
Rode my son's Ninja 650R today. We installed sport bars and he loves it. I don't like the hunched over narrow bar position. For a twin, this bike is a screamer above 7K rpm and fun to ride at speed... That's when..........

I realized that this FZ will weigh about 50lbs less and have almost twice as much HP and 35% more torque, with upright seating and wide bars. For my money, it's a dream come true. I just need to figure out where to put it and how to pay for it.....tp
My thoughts exactly. I thought I was done buying new bikes (depreciation), and I just built this over the winter, and sold both my Street Triple R's, and Yamaha wakes up and bring this out. So now I am first in line for one at my local dealer that I bought my quads from last year. Here's a pic of this winters build. She's a fun little bitch, plenty of power for the street, good pull out of corners. Between losing the bodywork, and the Leo Vince exhaust she lost 30lbs. The zx6r front end and Penske shock really woke up the chassis.

Yamaha is also bringing out a new parallel twin to fit in with this new family of engines. I hope they put it in a 'tard, as I just sold mine a couple weeks ago. I may need to buy a couple of these new Yamaha's. Here's a link to that. http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2013/...anese-meeting/

Thanks again Yamaha for finally waking up, looks like a good year for those of us not interested in cruisers, or supersports.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #529
tokyo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Just FYI, the guy in the video says things like:

"Wow, it's very slim, and my feet are firmly planted. The handlebar position feels similar to a motocross bike... Yes I'm pretty sure it's telling me to wheelie. It sounds like a Triumph of course.. Being a triple and all. I like it, can't wait to ride it for real."

Which reminds me, Japan domestic market is also excited about this bike, so Yamaha has enthusiasts in Asia, Europe and the US to market to. If they can Keep the prices as noted, the business case is probably pretty good.

The world wide reliable, reasonably priced enthusiast brand.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #530
viajero
Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer: 2,267
I'll be interested to see which, if any, other Japanese brand follows suit and also brings out a triple. Is a trend in the works?
viajero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #531
desmoface
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
Dude that thing is sick..Awesome job.

Steve
05 ST3

Quote:
Originally Posted by versysrider View Post
My thoughts exactly. I thought I was done buying new bikes (depreciation), and I just built this over the winter, and sold both my Street Triple R's, and Yamaha wakes up and bring this out. So now I am first in line for one at my local dealer that I bought my quads from last year. Here's a pic of this winters build. She's a fun little bitch, plenty of power for the street, good pull out of corners. Between losing the bodywork, and the Leo Vince exhaust she lost 30lbs. The zx6r front end and Penske shock really woke up the chassis.

Yamaha is also bringing out a new parallel twin to fit in with this new family of engines. I hope they put it in a 'tard, as I just sold mine a couple weeks ago. I may need to buy a couple of these new Yamaha's. Here's a link to that. http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2013/...anese-meeting/

Thanks again Yamaha for finally waking up, looks like a good year for those of us not interested in cruisers, or supersports.
desmoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #532
versysrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmoface View Post
Dude that thing is sick..Awesome job.

Steve
05 ST3
Thanks for the compliment, it's a fun little ripper. Here's the complete build if your interested.
http://www.riderforums.com/ninja-650...-end-swap.html
Old 07-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #533
desmoface
Gnarly Adventurer

Cool, thanks. Great read.

Steve
05 ST3

Quote:
Originally Posted by versysrider View Post
Thanks for the compliment, it's a fun little ripper. Here's the complete build if your interested.
http://www.riderforums.com/ninja-650...-end-swap.html
Old 07-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #534
Scot
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 523
I have a deposit on one. I also love the smiths
2009 Honda DN01
Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:46 AM   #535
desmoface
Gnarly Adventurer

Old 07-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #536
capriccio
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmoface View Post

Check the first 5 minutes.

Steve
05 ST3
Good looking and sounding bike. This will be a big seller, light, agile and powerful. The funny on this bike is the LCD display off center to the right, I guess that's the Japonese way of non conformity. I hope they allow for versatility, with luggage and accessories for travel(I'm tired of the touring and adventuring). All motorcycle sold should have attachments points for panniers and top boxes, and if I'm elected president, dictator or king, it will be the first order of business along with banning the words "touring and adventure". People could only refer to them as the "T-word and A-word".

Capriccio.
capriccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #537
Scot
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 523
Ort!
2009 Honda DN01
Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #538
Blueshark
Coastal Castaway

Oddometer: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by capriccio View Post
Good looking and sounding bike. This will be a big seller, light, agile and powerful. The funny on this bike is the LCD display off center to the right, I guess that's the Japonese way of non conformity. I hope they allow for versatility, with luggage and accessories for travel(I'm tired of the touring and adventuring). All motorcycle sold should have attachments points for panniers and top boxes, and if I'm elected president, dictator or king, it will be the first order of business along with banning the words "touring and adventure". People could only refer to them as the "T-word and A-word".
As someone observed earlier, putting the LCD off center to the right leaves room on the left for a GPS. Sweet bike, looking forward to the 1/2-faired version.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #539
thisisbenji
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Tail tidies will probably be sold for almost every FZ/MT's purchased. The Plate area looks like an after thought, not a styled portion of an otherwise nice looking motorcycle...tp dd50
I agree! That rear end is horrible. I still have the fender on my FZ6, I don't find it to be intrusive at all. They should really find a way to go back to a smaller fender.

Quote:
Rode my son's Ninja 650R today. We installed sport bars and he loves it. I don't like the hunched over narrow bar position. For a twin, this bike is a screamer above 7K rpm and fun to ride at speed... That's when..........

I realized that this FZ will weigh about 50lbs less and have almost twice as much HP and 35% more torque, with upright seating and wide bars. For my money, it's a dream come true. I just need to figure out where to put it and how to pay for it.....tp
That was my thinking as well, damn student loans.
thisisbenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #540
Super Sneaky Steve
B@nned Club :D

Oddometer: 4,924
Oooo new twin in the works hu? Well, I'm not going to buy anything till I know more about it.
Super Sneaky Steve is offline   Reply With Quote