Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #1351
cablebandit
Web Adventurer

Oddometer: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSGiant View Post
Told by who. Everything I read is they go through all the work replacing the valve cover gasket and find it is the cam chain sensor O-ring,
Hopefully that's all it is. A 2 dollar O-ring and you can get to it without removing the tupperware.
IBA #33260
cablebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #1352
capriccio
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by motocopter View Post
Rolled past this milestone on the return trip from the Grand Canyon, UT, and CO tour.

The cockpit of the C-14 looks like came out of a Star Wars type spaceship, and I don't mean that in bad way, loved the S.W's movies.

Capriccio.
capriccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #1353
gmansyz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Laugh Love them

Hiya all. I love the new Connie too. Especially the engine. They make less power than the ZX14 for a few reasons. One, a little less compression. Two, the cams are smaller and timed differently. Oh, three, the header pipes are smaller as well. I am all for reprogramming the stock computer but for my adventure, I am leaning towards running it with 2005 GSXR1000 F.I.. And may eliminate the variable intake timing. Otherwise, it should make an excellent turbo engine. Only, I have gotten two 2008 engine when I really only need one. Anyone want one?
The Big Kawi is a little too big for me so I am wedging one into an '82 GS850 frame.
Tnx for listening.
Greg
Old 07-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #1354
Bryn
Leicester England

Oddometer: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmansyz View Post
Hiya all. I love the new Connie too. Especially the engine. They make less power than the ZX14 for a few reasons. One, a little less compression. Two, the cams are smaller and timed differently. Oh, three, the header pipes are smaller as well. I am all for reprogramming the stock computer but for my adventure, I am leaning towards running it with 2005 GSXR1000 F.I.. And may eliminate the variable intake timing. Otherwise, it should make an excellent turbo engine. Only, I have gotten two 2008 engine when I really only need one. Anyone want one?
The Big Kawi is a little too big for me so I am wedging one into an '82 GS850 frame.
Tnx for listening.
Greg
So you're not keeping it how Kawasaki intended then
Old 07-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #1355
motocopter
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 769
Quote:
The Big Kawi is a little too big for me so I am wedging one into an '82 GS850 frame. Tnx for listening. Greg
That would be cool to see. Keep us posted.

My only ride report | IBA member | AMA member
motocopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #1356
gmansyz
Adventurer

Wicked Pic'? Later on.

Cool guys. I will get pics once I start the project again as I am moving in a month. I had special aluminum spigots made for the intake to lay it over and fit under the Suzi tank.
I can't keep it stock as there is always room for improvement and personalization. But the 850 will be naturally aspirated. Using a rack of 36mm CV carbs and a plenum between them and the engine. Now, I am hoping to sell the other engine. Any takers? It has 7,000 miles and I have the whole wire harness and throttle bodies along with the injectors, transfer case, drive shaft and rear drive unit, and a ZX14 header.
I will get pic's once I move as I am getting a bigger garage!!!
Laters guys.
Greg
Old 07-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #1357
stripple
Runnin' Hard

Oddometer: 603
Quote:
Tnx for listening.
Greg

Greg,

Please, please, please show us this bike when you are done! Please!!!
Old 07-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #1358
gmansyz
Adventurer

Cool2 ZG14 powered GS850/750

Okay guys, I will. Just be patient. There are a couple projects ahead of these with one being sold to finance the next. TIG Welders are expensive and I am looking at a DR350 along with an '03 GSXR1000.
And, since I have two engines and it's not looking good at being able to sell one, the second ZG powered GS will be turbocharged as well. I am hoping the weight will be less than 550 pounds. Maybe closer to 500.
Thanks for listening and I will keep you all posted but not daily.
Laters
Greg
Old 07-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #1359
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 3,231
Quote:
...... Now, I am hoping to sell the other engine. Any takers? It has 7,000 miles and I have the whole wire harness and throttle bodies along with the injectors, transfer case, drive shaft and rear drive unit, and a ZX14 header.
.......Greg
p/m me with a price that I can't refuse..... I been looking for one for a "winter toy project"....

has i got the ecu, ignition switch, and fobs?

t.i.a.
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #1360
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSGiant View Post
Told by who. Everything I read is they go through all the work replacing the valve cover gasket and find it is the cam chain sensor O-ring,
the most common leak IS the front cam sensor o-ring...
I purchased a big supply of one that are bigger than stock, and they DO work... be sending them out to my COG bretheren 2 for $1 sent to me with a stamped self addressed envelope....

might do you to read this....
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic...0374#msg170374

and this:
http://forum.cog-online.org/index.ph...html#msg272383

from this post to the end also
http://forum.cog-online.org/index.ph...html#msg273418

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablebandit View Post
Hopefully that's all it is. A 2 dollar O-ring and you can get to it without removing the tupperware.
no such luck amigo... they are $5 + tax, and you have to remove a lot of stuff.... believe me....
on a lift, I can do it in around 2 hours, if you are crawling around on the ground, double that time... and beer....
sorry for not hanging out over here, been a bit busy, and have to catch up here on the many pages I missed..

MAN OF BLUES screwed with this post 07-19-2013 at 07:50 PM
Old 07-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #1361
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Wicked new farkles...

oh, since i dropped in over here, figured I share the new farkles...trailer and hitch... just on....

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic...8117#msg178117

Old 07-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #1362
Xdriver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
Just picked up a new to me C14. Had planned to take a break from riding upon the recent sale of my Super Tenere. Well, that break only lasted a month. I hated not riding. Picked up this '11 with 9300 miles on it and new set of PR3's. Different riding position than I'm used to, but I think I'll get used to it. Always likes these. Nice to own one now.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #1363
EVLED
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdriver View Post
Just picked up a new to me C14. Had planned to take a break from riding upon the recent sale of my Super Tenere. Well, that break only lasted a month. I hated not riding. Picked up this '11 with 9300 miles on it and new set of PR3's. Different riding position than I'm used to, but I think I'll get used to it. Always likes these. Nice to own one now.

Looks great! Time to change your signature ;)
EVLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #1364
stefan tilden
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Niiiice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wout67 View Post
I bought one a couple of weeks ago, and absolutely love it. The smoothness and the power of this bike never ceases to impress. Here's some pics from the Thanksgiving holiday.

I've always been mildly interested then I saw a black one just like yours come around the corner yesterday.... and it snapped in my head as I waved to the rider.... "Oh, I get it." It's a bad motherfucker man, really. My mechanic has long been saying it was his favorite new bike. My Sprint RS is certainly enough bike but of course the Connie would have been "better" on the cross-country ride I just completed. Is it a better city bike, I don't know. Seems a bit much for that.
stefan tilden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #1365
stefan tilden
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Round on the Ends, High in the Middle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES View Post
oh, since i dropped in over here, figured I share the new farkles...trailer and hitch... just on....
Hahahaaa Ohio the heart of it all.... There's some Route 20/Ashtabula/Madison pics here.....
http://christopher-king.blogspot.com...road-trip.html

Great setup you are good to go!
stefan tilden is offline   Reply With Quote