Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #166
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretbek View Post
Yep, completely out of meaningful contributions to the discussion.
He never had any to begin with.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #167
GapRunr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretbek View Post
Ya spoiled brat.
Hmmm... Did I mention the new gas station that just opened up 2 miles from work? They have pure gas, pay at the pump, and if you use their debit card it's 10 cents off a gallon.

For those that are curious, E10 regular is $3.15 and E0 regular is $3.37. E10 Premium is $3.45. This is in Tennessee just north of Deals Gap.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #168
freetors
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 824
How in the heck do people tolerate a daily driver pickup truck that gets less than 20 mpg?! Heck our 2000 chevy silverado with the 4.8 gets over 20.
freetors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #169
SnowMule
[angry moth noises]

Oddometer: 18,107
That's why I have a motorcycle that gets 60+mpg in town. Truck's just for trucky stuff.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #170
khager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by GapRunr View Post
Hmmm... Did I mention the new gas station that just opened up 2 miles from work? They have pure gas, pay at the pump, and if you use their debit card it's 10 cents off a gallon.

For those that are curious, E10 regular is $3.15 and E0 regular is $3.37. E10 Premium is $3.45. This is in Tennessee just north of Deals Gap.

Sweet! I envy you!

Wish I had a choice.
khager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #171
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by freetors View Post
How in the heck do people tolerate a daily driver pickup truck that gets less than 20 mpg?! Heck our 2000 chevy silverado with the 4.8 gets over 20.
LOL, if you're concerned about getting gas mileage then a truck is the last damn thing you should be driving even if it gets 30 MPG.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #172
Aj Mick
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by coach03860 View Post
Well it's here at the pump...E15 all the way up to E85. Now what do I do?

Go on to the next gas station. That being said.......

My little 16 year-old 100 cc Honda is not gasohol compatible. It is properly maintained and reliable, gets better than 100 mpg, has done 216,000 km, and should be good for many more. I see no need to replace it, but getting 100% gasoline is getting difficult.

The powers that be in Thailand have seen fit to discourage the use of gasoline, so now only 4 gas stations on the island I live on stock it.... but they do good sales to motorcyclists. Registered motorcycles outnumber cars by three to one. A good few of them are over ten years old and cannot use gasohol..... We are stuck with having to buy 95 octane gasoline for machines that run fine on 91 octane, and paying 30% more than gasohol 91.

Oh well, I suppose it keeps some people happy; those who can afford to drive cars and/or ride new motorcycles. The hoi polloi are stuck with paying more for gasoline, or stumping up with the deposit on a flash new bike and paying it off at hefty interest rates. That will make gasohol producers and finance companies smile too.

Aj Mick screwed with this post 07-05-2013 at 06:14 PM
Aj Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #173
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 17,806
Ok kids, today I tried a little experiment. I filled my 2013 Stelvio with E-0 premium in Amarillo for $3.75 per gallon. I could have bought E-10 premium for $3.35. I rode into Amarillo from the south with a strong southerly wind and the bike computer showed 52 mpg on E-10. I reset one of the trip computers after putting almost 8 gallons of E-0 in the tank and continued northward with a continued strong southerly wind. Stopping in Tribune KS for the evening my mileage on E-0 is exactly the same as was the E-10. The final 50 miles or so saw the tail wind abate so I'm willing to give the E-0 a 1 mpg advantage. That means under this very unscientific teats, E-10 is the more economical fuel.

Suck it, bitches.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #174
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
Ok kids, today I tried a little experiment. I filled my 2013 Stelvio with E-0 premium in Amarillo for $3.75 per gallon. I could have bought E-10 premium for $3.35. I rode into Amarillo from the south with a strong southerly wind and the bike computer showed 52 mpg on E-10. I reset one of the trip computers after putting almost 8 gallons of E-0 in the tank and continued northward with a continued strong southerly wind. Stopping in Tribune KS for the evening my mileage on E-0 is exactly the same as was the E-10. The final 50 miles or so saw the tail wind abate so I'm willing to give the E-0 a 1 mpg advantage. That means under this very unscientific teats, E-10 is the more economical fuel.

Suck it, bitches.

We don't care what you think. You're bias clearly confirms anything you say on this subject must be observed with doubt.

Go back to the corn fermentation factory, you'll be in your element.
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:23 AM   #175
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyForNow View Post
And this is exactly what your dealer will tell you when your warranty is voided from using E-15 fuel.
Well then don't use E-15 or get a new dealer, dumb ass.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #176
JonU
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyForNow View Post
And this is exactly what your dealer will tell you when your warranty is voided from using E-15 fuel.
And lets say that all the gas stations where you live only sell E10 or E15, then what do they say? I'm willing to bet that if the only gas available in the area is E10 or E15 that the dealer won't say a thing.
JonU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #177
Navy Chief
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,544
Quote:

Suck it, bitches.
So once again you have a vehicle that defies the laws of physics, you need to turn all of your vehicles over to a qualified research agency as soon as possible so they can determine how your vehicles can get the same fuel efficiency on fuel that contains less energy potential cause it is worth billions....

Or just admit that your obvious brainwashing by the corn ethanol lobby has blinded you to facts...

The rest of us live in reality where fuel with lower energy potential per volume equals lower efficiency....
Navy Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #178
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
We don't care what you think. You're bias clearly confirms anything you say on this subject must be observed with doubt.

Go back to the corn fermentation factory, you'll be in your element.
I think his element's in the pasture.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #179
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,721
Quote:
Well then don't use E-15 or get a new dealer, dumb ass.
It's not the dealer, it's the manufacturer, dumbass. They specify fuel the same way they specify oil: by design. If you run 20w50 dino oil in an engine (like my Tundra 5.7L) that specifies 0w20 or 5w20 full synthetic, you can expect problems. If your vehicle is under warranty, the manufacturer can and will deny warranty claims for damage done by abuse or neglect. These include the wrong fluids.
Now, I've only been in the service end of the car business for over 25 years, so I don't know everything. But it's evident that I know more than you do. I know it's a matter of time before somebody damages an engine by running it on E85, or even E15, and the manufacturer denies the claim. Manufacturers have the right to request any parts replaced under warranty be returned to them for inspection, and you can bet they're watching for ethanol-related damage. They'll deny these claims, which means the dealer will have to eat the time and labor spent repairing the car. Which will be expensive, likely an entire engine assembly.
Dealers are in the business to make money. Smart ones won't make expensive repairs due to nonspecified fluids, including fuel, that they will end up paying for. Chrysler, who I currently work for, requires photos be digitally submitted before the work is performed on internal powertrain repairs. Melted pistons will set off alarms. Claim will be denied, and then the owner who ran the wrong fuel in their vehicle will be stuck with a very expensive bill.
In your own words, Stevie88, suck it, bitch!

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.

1911fan screwed with this post 07-07-2013 at 07:33 PM
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #180
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

So you nancy boys think that a car designed to use E-10 will have a catastrophic engine failure if you burn E-15?