User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #1321
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,302
latest crazy whisper:

Maldonado w/ a pile of cash arrives at Sauber to replace Gutierrez....

that'd be a bad blow for Sir Frank & team...

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #1322
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 76,897
Peter Sauber denies that employees haven't been paid. He said some suppliers have been asked for extensions, though. He's looking for either additional sponsors or an investor.

I hate to hear about a classy guy like Sauber being in trouble. His team often punches above its weight and he's an important part of F1.

And, of course, he wears the Chelsea logo.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #1323
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turder View Post
Kimi was catching Vettel around 0.5 seconds a lap after he passed GRO. When GRO was 2nd and Kimi 3rd, they caught Vettel about a 1-3 tenths per lap. Maybe Lotus should have mayde the team order earlier so that Kimi could have had 1-2 more laps on Vettel. If he would have got DRS on Vettel earlier, he would have caught Vettel. DRS reduced lap time about 3 tenths per DRS zone so little over a half a second in one lap.
It seems to me that the Lotus suffers from the same problem as the Red Bull. Neither is a top speed car, they make their time in the corners. As a result, neither benefits from DRS as much as, say, a Ferrari or a Force India.

I feel that's why Grosjean wasn't able to pass Vettel despite being close for a number of laps. DRS simply didn't give him the help he needed, despite there being two DRS zones.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 07-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #1324
Dagofast
Full giggety ahead.

Oddometer: 1,730
Could someone help with the rules for stopping on the track like Alonso did post race to insure sufficient fuel for testing? I seem to recall that Hamilton or someone was penalized (DQ'd?) for doing the same thing as recently as last season? At the time Matchett made a big deal out of how important it was to have enough fuel in the car to make it back to park ferme and STILL have 1 litre of fuel left in the car for testing.
Dagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #1325
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagofast View Post
Could someone help with the rules for stopping on the track like Alonso did post race to insure sufficient fuel for testing? I seem to recall that Hamilton or someone was penalized (DQ'd?) for doing the same thing as recently as last season? At the time Matchett made a big deal out of how important it was to have enough fuel in the car to make it back to park ferme and STILL have 1 litre of fuel left in the car for testing.
if he doesn't have enough fuel they will get him for grid spots in the next race.
if they make it sound like car trouble, the stewards will look at telemetry... Ferrari will have to prove they had trouble.

I haven't heard any more about why he stopped, or if he had the required amount of fuel onboard.

I did read this:
Quote:
Alonso meanwhile tried to make the most of the day but was unable to catch Grosjean in the closing stages. He pulled off at the end of the race for what Ferrari said were precautionary reasons. One might guess that the Spaniard pushed hard in the last laps in an effort to capture the podium, which caused him to consume more fuel than expected. Pulling off to conserve what little fuel he may have had left in order to avoid a penalty by the FIA for not being able to provide enough for a fuel sample.
Alonso finished 4th with a total time of 1:41.22.432. On lap 51, he snagged the fastest lap of the race (1.33.468), which should be some consolation to the Italian team. It was a decent damage limitation type drive, but finishing fourth while the title leader is winning and collecting maximum points is simply not enough.
quite a good article LINK

g容g screwed with this post 07-08-2013 at 12:59 PM
Old 07-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #1326
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:
Paul Allen, who works for Formula One Management, suffered broken ribs, a broken collarbone and concussion after being struck by Mark Webber's right rear wheel that had come loose from his car after a botched pit stop.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 07-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #1327
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
euro 30,000 fine to Red Bull for unsafe release
seems they should have been given a time penalty as well (since a stop & go wouldn't have made much impact, and 30 grand is chicken feed).

Old 07-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #1328
Shocktower
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,450
I am glad Paul Allen was not seriously injured for the worse , that projectile was something else.

Yea SEB

'08 KTM 530 EXC
79 RD 400 Daytona
Shocktower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #1329
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

its "throw the cap at the German" competition

Old 07-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #1330
ramz
Professional Trail Rider

Oddometer: 1,983
Quote:
euro 30,000 fine to Red Bull for unsafe release
and 30 grand is chicken feed).
I'm sure Paul Allen would not regard it as 'chicken feed' if the FIA gave him the 30,000 euros...

Seems only fair.

And start both Red Bull cars at the back of the grid for the next race. Teach 'em to be more careful.
ramz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #1331
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramz View Post
I'm sure Paul Allen would not regard it as 'chicken feed' if the FIA gave him the 30,000 euros...

Seems only fair.

And start both Red Bull cars at the back of the grid for the next race. Teach 'em to be more careful.
Agreed.
Although the 30k will likely fund "weekend for Bernie"

Old 07-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #1332
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post
Agreed.
Although the 30k will likely fund "weekend for Bernie"
Bernie's daughter spends more than that in an hour down at the shops.

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #1333
A. T. T-W
Can't be bothered.

Oddometer: 4,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagofast View Post
I think that McLaren were penalised because Hamilton's car didn't have enough fuel for the test and that's why teams now stop a car on the circuit if there's a risk of doing the same.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #1334
wxwax
Excited Member

My google-fu is weak and I can't remember the reg about having to drive back to the pits/scrutineering station.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 07-09-2013, 12:06 AM   #1335
Dagofast
Full giggety ahead.

Oddometer: 1,730
I found it. It was Lewis and it was last year. I am still curious if the rule covering stopping on track and the litre of fuel for testing are different between qualifying and the race. Anyone?

http://badgergp.com/2012/05/maldonad...ualified-back/

Quote:
The only snag is that after his super-quick lap, he was told to stop the car out on track, which he duly did. The rules state that all cars must return to the parc ferme after qualifying the rules there so that the FIA can ensure legality of the cars and what not. The only acceptable circumstances are where the car is technically unable to make it back to the pits under its own power. Whatever the situation, the car must have enough fuel left in it to make it back to the pits and also the litre sample remaining too, required for checking the fuel compound.

Hamiltons car was found to not have enough fuel left in it this rule was put in place to stop teams running cars too light to give them more speed, but meaning they have to stop out on track a huge nightmare for Lewis who now, throughout no fault of his own has to start from the back of the grid for the Grand Prix.
Dagofast is offline   Reply With Quote