Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #1096
MikeyT
Krusty Olde Pharte™

Oddometer: 5,212
Jay-sus! Read the last couple of pages before posting.

99 Shadow Spirit 1100

"Non Illegitimi Carborundum"
MikeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #1097
slipperyeel
n00b

Oddometer: 9
There is also some interest here in the UK for the Harmonizer. Eagerly awaiting news of availability! Just don't post the news while we're all asleep over here
slipperyeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #1098
ajsbonneville
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperyeel View Post
There is also some interest here in the UK for the Harmonizer. Eagerly awaiting news of availability! Just don't post the news while we're all asleep over here
Is there any way to either preorder or get on a list to purchase.

cheers
ajsbonneville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #1099
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,848
Cool2 Here we go again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsbonneville View Post
Is there any way to either preorder or get on a list to purchase.

cheers

Just curious...

Have you bothered to read any of the thread at all? Even just back a few pages?

It may take just a little bit of effort. I know that may be tough, but it really helps...

And it will answer all your questions, too.

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists office. - Unknown

'Cos it's easier to try than to prove it can't be done, and it's easier to stay than to turn around and run. - Justin Hayward
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #1100
ajsbonneville
n00b

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
Just curious...

Have you bothered to read any of the thread at all? Even just back a few pages?

It may take just a little bit of effort. I know that may be tough, but it really helps...

And it will answer all your questions, too.

Dallara

~

Well, thanks for your help, clearly you know the answer and instead of having a go at me could have just given me the answer but yes I did read the thread but not all 74 pages of it and I couldnt find anything about preordering only that they would be perhaps available in August, not quite the same thing but thank you for your interest.

Cheers

Ok, I found an answer in page 72, but its not from Grock, why wouldnt a a person have a list of persons interested, that would help with stock ordering etc.

My mea culpa

ajsbonneville screwed with this post 07-09-2013 at 06:35 PM
Old 07-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #1101
GreyAl
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Harmonizer pre-list

Quote:
Well, thanks for your help, clearly you know the answer and instead of having a go at me could have just given me the answer but yes I did read the thread but not all 74 pages of it and I couldnt find anything about preordering only that they would be perhaps available in August, not quite the same thing but thank you for your interest.

Cheers
I apologise on behalf of most members for your less than friendly welcome to the forum.
Briefly, the very first post in the thread is the key - that is where you'll find the latest news as to availability. Once they are available, a price and order tab will be available on that post.
Due to the high demand and limited supply, it is run on a 'first-come-first-served' basis, so there is no waiting list as such.
Reading through all the posts is informative on many aspects of the Harmonizer, not just on how to get your hands on one. It worth taking the time one Saturday afternoon.
I hope this helps.
Cheers
GreyAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #1102
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Laugh There ya' go...

Quote:

Cheers

Ok, I found an answer in page 72, but its not from Grock, why wouldnt a a person have a list of persons interested, that would help with stock ordering etc.

My mea culpa

See, that wasn't so hard, was it? Reading back just two pages, eh?

As for Grok... I figure it's his business how he runs his business. He designs and builds an amazing product. Some more reading in the thread might give you some insight into why he sells them the way he does.

Dallara

p.s. - you can tell from his post count and join date how much ol' GreyAl represents "most members of this forum"... Of course, you can also see how in just the past few pages of this thread how "most members" suggest reading the thread before asking about availability.

~

'Cos it's easier to try than to prove it can't be done, and it's easier to stay than to turn around and run. - Justin Hayward
Old 07-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #1103
GS Addict
Pepperfool

Oddometer: 3,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallara View Post
see, that wasn't so hard, was it? Reading back just two pages, eh?

as for grok... I figure it's his business how he runs his business. He designs and builds an amazing product. Some more reading in the thread might give you some insight into why he sells them the way he does.

Dallara

p.s. - you can tell from his post count and join date how much ol' greyal represents "most members of this forum"... Of course, you can also see how in just the past few pages of this thread how "most members" suggest reading the thread before asking about availability.

~
+1
Old 07-09-2013, 11:46 PM   #1104
Shaun09
Riding the Asphalt Ribbon

Oddometer: 41
I had the opportunity to use my Harmonizer for the first time over the weekend. Wow! Having the rpm display right next to the balance readout really simplifies the synchronization process (compared to my experience with a borrowed Twin Max last time).

On the 09R1200RT, I was able to get the balance dead-on at 1800 rpm and it stayed balanced through 7000 rpm. Next time, I'll adjust at 1400 rpm (but forgot to check the spec this time).

The GS-911 was helpful to monitor the oil temperature and (while not entirely necessary) lock the stepper motors. It was a quick and satisfying process following a valve adjustment.

Well done, Grok!

Cheers!

2009 BMW R1200RT (Shaun), 2004 MINI Cooper S (Gromit), 2006 BMW X3 (Wallace)
Shaun09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #1105
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun09 View Post
I had the opportunity to use my Harmonizer for the first time over the weekend. Wow! Having the rpm display right next to the balance readout really simplifies the synchronization process (compared to my experience with a borrowed Twin Max last time).

On the 09R1200RT, I was able to get the balance dead-on at 1800 rpm and it stayed balanced through 7000 rpm. Next time, I'll adjust at 1400 rpm (but forgot to check the spec this time).

The GS-911 was helpful to monitor the oil temperature and (while not entirely necessary) lock the stepper motors. It was a quick and satisfying process following a valve adjustment.

Well done, Grok!

Cheers!
At 1400 you are very close to having the stepper motors interfere with the sync, so either do not go lower, or park the stepper motors with the GS911, or unplug them.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #1106
ajsbonneville
n00b

Patronising replies

Quote:
See, that wasn't so hard, was it? Reading back just two pages, eh?

As for Grok... I figure it's his business how he runs his business. He designs and builds an amazing product. Some more reading in the thread might give you some insight into why he sells them the way he does.

Dallara

p.s. - you can tell from his post count and join date how much ol' GreyAl represents "most members of this forum"... Of course, you can also see how in just the past few pages of this thread how "most members" suggest reading the thread before asking about availability.

~
Well Thanks dalarra for your insight and polite way of helping me on this forum.

clearly you have a very high intellect and ability whilst retired to make sarcastic and spurious comments to those who are clearly not as clever as you or have the time to wade through reams of posts when in one line you could have solved the issue.

Obviously you are trained in making comments designed to embarrass and demean others, congratulations and in passing you might learn not to be patronising to others.

interesting because I have found americans to be polite and eager to help others.

Cheers to you and others like you
Old 07-11-2013, 12:21 AM   #1107
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Laugh Here we go again...

Quote:
Well Thanks dalarra for your insight and polite way of helping me on this forum.

clearly you have a very high intellect and ability whilst retired to make sarcastic and spurious comments to those who are clearly not as clever as you or have the time to wade through reams of posts when in one line you could have solved the issue.

Obviously you are trained in making comments designed to embarrass and demean others, congratulations and in passing you might learn not to be patronising to others.

interesting because I have found americans to be polite and eager to help others.

Cheers to you and others like you

Hey, I'm not the one wading onto a vendor's thread - and a one-man-band one, at that - and trying to tell him how to run his business, take orders, etc. Nor am I the one who seems to think a couple of pages are "reams of posts" and acting somehow terribly inconvenienced at being asked to do a bit reading before asking a question that's already been answered.

You can try and blame your frustration, etc. on me, but it's not my fault you didn't want to invest just a tiny modicum of effort, instead deciding you needed to critique the guy who makes the product you'd like to buy and how he chooses to do business.

Good luck getting yourself a "Harmonizer". Meanwhile I'll happily enjoy the two I have.

Dallara

~

Old 07-11-2013, 12:36 AM   #1108
ajsbonneville
n00b

Settling down

Quote:
Hey, I'm not the one wading onto a vendor's thread - and a one-man-band one, at that - and trying to tell him how to run his business, take orders, etc. Nor am I the one who seems to think a couple of pages are "reams of posts" and acting somehow terribly inconvenienced at being asked to do a bit reading before asking a question that's already been answered.

You can try and blame your frustration, etc. on me, but it's not my fault you didn't want to invest just a tiny modicum of effort, instead deciding you needed to critique the guy who makes the product you'd like to buy and how he chooses to do business.

Good luck getting yourself a "Harmonizer". Meanwhile I'll happily enjoy the two I have.

Dallara

~
Ok, we are at a small impass, it wasnt what you were saying it was they way you said it so ok clearly my reading of your words was incorrect, sorry for that but all I was asking as to why he didnt take orders, hardy 'critiquing the guy' and certainly there was nothing there about how he chooses to do business. as to being inconvenienced, thats hardly correct and when does 74 pages of posts translate into two assuming one starts at the first one.

But hey you are happy and so am I and I can leave it there and I am sure you can otherwise we will leave more posts to read that having nothing to do with the main topic.

Just a quick question, why do you have two harmonizers.

Cheers to you
Old 07-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #1109
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Talking Two are better than one...

Quote:

Just a quick question, why do you have two harmonizers.

I purchased one here via this thread, directly from Grok, and really enjoyed using it. One of the very best tools I have ever owned, and by far the best synch tool I have used in over 4 decades of wrenching on motorcycles. In fact, it was so good that when Grok mentioned at one time that he may no longer build them ever again I began looking for another one as a spare. After a couple of months a used one came up for sale on the Super Tenere forum, and I snapped it up.

Then not long after that Grok announced he would be continuing to make the "Harmonizer" as well as supply parts if needed, so my fears of no supply were averted. Still, it's nice to know I have another one on hand, and I have no intention of parting with my spare.

Dallara

~

Old 07-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #1110
mnsty
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Another satisfied customer

I just used my just arrived, gently used Harmonizer for the first time and it is as good as they say.
Makes me actually want to balance all of my bikes carbs again.

76 R90S Turbo
77 R100RS
83 RS/GS
85 K100RS
90 BMW K1
91 900IE Lucky Exp
00 VOR 503SM
04 KTM 950 GO!!!!!
05 TM 530 Black Dream

= Too much stuff. When will I learn??
mnsty is offline   Reply With Quote