Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #151
toddiscdn
Take off, EH!

Oddometer: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
No way. Gerry swears he'll be riding that thing when one of them dies....
, more power to him, thats my plan too, I guess eventually we will find out which goes first
toddiscdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #152
intotheabis
High on life!

Oddometer: 581
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddiscdn View Post
, more power to him, thats my plan too, I guess eventually we will find out which goes first
Hummm.........from what I have seen so far I'm guessing the bike
Old 07-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #153
georgedaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
7 Jul ride

Hey All,
We are planning a trail ride up around Bobcaygeon on sunday.
We've been up there a few times already and the trails are awesome.Some challenging watercrossing and the occasional bushwacking.

We are planning to be up at the Bobcaygeon Timmies by 9 and go from there.
The plan is pretty loose , other then the 2 confirmed riders , me and Paul T ,...maybes are Keener and HarryS.

Anyone interested, let us.
georgedaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #154
Jibbercrap
n00b

Oddometer: 6
If only I had proper tires on the bike. Theres no way Im going trail riding with scorpion trails still installed
Jibbercrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #155
georgedaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbercrap View Post
no way Im going trail riding with scorpion trails
Wise choice.
What are you riding ?

georgedaman screwed with this post 07-05-2013 at 11:44 PM
georgedaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:09 AM   #156
Jibbercrap
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Tiger 800xc. I am going to order some knobbies for it. See what it can do on the trails. Havent been on trails in about 12 years and the last bike I used for that was 83 DT125 lol.
Jibbercrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:57 AM   #157
motomart
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Quote:
Tiger 800xc. I am going to order some knobbies for it. See what it can do on the trails. Havent been on trails in about 12 years and the last bike I used for that was 83 DT125 lol.
The Tiger has no problems on the trail. Currently I'm running Mitas E-07 Dakar on the back and E-10 front, like them a lot.

motomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #158
Big Toe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
Quote:
Once you get your Tiger stuck in a big mud hole you'll wish you were on your DT125
Big Toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #159
CSF
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 163
Hey, I've got a bit of vacation time coming up August 15-16th-ish. Thinking of riding up to Algonquin from Toronto on the afternoon (probably leave work around 3ish) of the 14th, camping somewhere in the Algonquin area and then riding the Seguin trail from Algonquin area to Perry Sound. After that I have plans with the family...

I'm no pro rider but I can manage my KTM 640 in the dirt fairly well, I'd probably be taking lots of back roads up north and trying to have as much fun on the way as possible - read "as little highway as possible - its no fun". I'm looking for gravel, fire roads, dirt, twisty back roads...

If anyone might be up for that kind of thing, or is going to be riding in the area at the time, let me know. I usually do this kind of thing solo, but I'm not really familiar with the area and it would be great to meet up with anybody who knows their way around there or is up for the ride either way. I have no problem stopping in to meet up somewhere on the way... whatever works.

Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested.
CSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:29 AM   #160
Ontario GS
Budding Adv. Traveler

Oddometer: 383
Proposed Outing - July13th

I have the KTM 690 all buttoned back up and I need to take it out for a Dual-Sport ride. Saturday works better for me, I don't plan to look for deep sand, mud or water holes, just some un-maintained road type stuff, gravel and a bit of highway. PM if interested.

Husqvarna TE250 (The Gator) -- 10 KTM 690 Enduro

Life ain't about how fast you ride, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
Ontario GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #161
Casper137
When in doubt Mumble

Oddometer: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSF View Post
Hey, I've got a bit of vacation time coming up August 15-16th-ish. Thinking of riding up to Algonquin from Toronto on the afternoon (probably leave work around 3ish) of the 14th, camping somewhere in the Algonquin area and then riding the Seguin trail from Algonquin area to Perry Sound. After that I have plans with the family...

I'm no pro rider but I can manage my KTM 640 in the dirt fairly well, I'd probably be taking lots of back roads up north and trying to have as much fun on the way as possible - read "as little highway as possible - its no fun". I'm looking for gravel, fire roads, dirt, twisty back roads...

If anyone might be up for that kind of thing, or is going to be riding in the area at the time, let me know. I usually do this kind of thing solo, but I'm not really familiar with the area and it would be great to meet up with anybody who knows their way around there or is up for the ride either way. I have no problem stopping in to meet up somewhere on the way... whatever works.

Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested.
A friend and I rode the Nipissing trail last weekend.

the trail was challenging in some spots but awesome.

The seguin trail on the other hand ....we got on directly under highway 400 down the street from Oastler. We even paid the $23 daily fee. We lasted maybe 10 minutes before we had to get off. It was so horribly broken and maintained it was impassable.

I be ridin an '09 DL650A with some ferrrrkles.
Casper137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #162
EmmEff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper137 View Post
The seguin trail on the other hand ....we got on directly under highway 400 down the street from Oastler. We even paid the $23 daily fee. We lasted maybe 10 minutes before we had to get off. It was so horribly broken and maintained it was impassable.
"so horribly broken and maintained" is what a lot of us look for :)

Seriously, what was so bad about it? I've ridden it a million times on a snowmobile, but I've actually never seen it in the summer.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #163
CSF
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmEff View Post

Seriously, what was so bad about it? I've ridden it a million times on a snowmobile, but I've actually never seen it in the summer.
It looked like a lot of rail bed trail to me from google maps? I was wondering if I'd be kinda bored riding it. I thought if I was going to do the Seguin as a solo trip it wouldn't be overly challenging and maybe there would be some areas to mess around in or side trails.

Whats the Nipissing trail trail like, I couldn't really find any maps for it. The description made it seem like quite a bit of it is secondary highways /paved roads/ dirt roads... which is good but not really what I'm after for this trip.

I guess I'm looking for a big long stretched out Granaraska, if I can compare something familiar to me.

I'd really like to ride from Algonquin or Muskoka area to Parry Sound on mostly dirt trails, if anyone has some suggestions I'd love to hear them.

(BTW - not sure if I really put this in the right forum. Sorry if I've gotten way off topic)
CSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:23 AM   #164
Casper137
When in doubt Mumble

Oddometer: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmEff View Post

The small section we did of the Seguin trail was pretty deep water crossings which is fine but then it had steep hills with 2 foot ruts in the centre and no way to ride the sides so you pretty much had to drop in and have your knees at your chest and then there were drop offs off the side and lots of mud and shit.

I dunno ...thats a pretty shitty explanation obviously lol ...

Just not what I want to ride without a proper dirt bike.

I have a Strom with Heidenaus (which are terrible in the mud and the bike is a pretty heavy whore anyways).

This thread has some great videos of the nipissing trail ...I think on you tube he has a couple videos of sections of the Seguin trail too.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=830170

I only rode less then a half km section of the seguin trail so it may have just been the one small section that was so beaten up mind you.

The nipissing trail was awesome as long as its been relatively dry or the water crossings get pretty squirrelly.

I be ridin an '09 DL650A with some ferrrrkles.
Casper137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:52 AM   #165
EmmEff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSF View Post
It looked like a lot of rail bed trail to me from google maps? I was wondering if I'd be kinda bored riding it. I thought if I was going to do the Seguin as a solo trip it wouldn't be overly challenging and maybe there would be some areas to mess around in or side trails.
Yeah, part of it is an old rail bed that passes between many lakes and crosses Highway 518 a bunch of times. I have heard from others it is not terribly exciting, but I still want to ride it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper137 View Post
The small section we did of the Seguin trail was pretty deep water crossings which is fine but then it had steep hills with 2 foot ruts in the centre and no way to ride the sides so you pretty much had to drop in and have your knees at your chest and then there were drop offs off the side and lots of mud and shit.
Fair enough explanation. This sounds as I expect it would be :)

Quote:
I have a Strom with Heidenaus (which are terrible in the mud and the bike is a pretty heavy whore anyways).
More throttle and hang on

Quote:
I only rode less then a half km section of the seguin trail so it may have just been the one small section that was so beaten up mind you.
As I mentioned above, I had heard from others it was a pretty boring ride in the summer. I mean, it certainly was on a snowmobile but I still liked it. If it is now like you say, at least there's a bit of challenge to it.