Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
MaverickChick OP
I do my own stunts.

Oddometer: 462
Mav's a n00b (American Fork Canyon)

It seems like it has been ages since I hit the western portion of the TAT. A lot has happened between then and now--like entering the actual adult world(Blows P.s). I've spend about two years without a bike, henceforth known as the dark ages. However, I'm BACK!

We hit riding hard late April, early May. We even had an extra rider this year. Nothing is a true Maverickchick story without some drama and gore though. So true to Mav fashion someone ate it big, and had to be transported via ambulance to the hospital. Now I know you are thinking, Mav is bound to go to the hospital at one point--she falls like 50 times a day.

Wrong. My little sister had been riding for a month or so, when she missed a corner out in the west desert. Total fluke accident, she went up and off the road--about a foot climb. I was right behind her when she hit the ground and she was was screaming, 14 year old dramatic flair I thought. Wrong again. Long story short she ended up taking a bar to the tummy wrong and ended up in a children's hospital for a week with Spleen, liver and lung damage. She is safely home now, and will be crusin' around on a 4 wheeler until she wants to get back on a bike.

On to the less depressing stuff--

OURAY, CO in August 2013!! Hopefully we will be able to schedule Hancock pass for a little 'Web-redemption' , cue Tosh.0.

So to get me back into the swing of things, we are riding American Fork in Utah. This area is known to be a little sketch, so it will be the perfect training ground for my (hopefully) triumphant return. I'm planning on documenting our weekend trips to AF here, and then will be doing a longer and in-depth one about day trippin' in Colorado.

This was our weekly ride to Mineral Basin in American Fork Canyon. It's been a good two years since I've been in the dirt--and it shows.

MaverickChick screwed with this post 07-09-2013 at 08:53 PM
MaverickChick is offline   Reply With Quote