ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #211
Mustangshelly OP
Adventurer...hardly

Oddometer: 499
yeah, yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerSickle View Post
Target, target, no sightseeing allowed.

You think the Wallendas look down?
If I keep sightseeing, I just might turn in to a flying Wallenda, huh?
Mustangshelly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #212
MortimerSickle
Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,564
Actually sightseeing is OK, just be sure to stop and put down the kickstand first.

I miss round headlights.

"When I was a young man, I liked to race my horse...." -
G.H.W.S. 1878-1962
MortimerSickle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #213
Mustangshelly OP
Adventurer...hardly

T shirts

Have to order the shirts tomorrow. I PMd my email address to those of you who expressed interest. If you didn't get a PM and you want a shirt
please message me ASAP. You don't have to have a paypal account in order to send a payment. Please choose the "friends and family" option.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #214
LittlePosum
Scrappy Marsupial

Oddometer: 261
Adv!

All work and no play makes LittlePosum a dull girl. All work and no play makes LittlePosum a dull girl. All work and no play makes LittlePosum a dull girl. All work and no play makes LittlePosum a dull girl. All work and no play makes LittlePosum a dull girl.

But wait! There is hope upon the horizon!

Almost three more whole weeks until this ride? New job training has me putting in many more hours than I'm used to. Really looking forward to the Ladies Ride! I'll be on my DRZ 400 not only because I Love the Dizzer but its also the only motorcycle I have!

Got a few new farkels for it this season and they're being installed this week. Scott's Steering Stabilizer and new ProTaper bars plus oil change and a bunch of bearing grease. It's gonna feel like a a brand new bike!
Old 07-10-2013, 04:16 AM   #215
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,357
Oooooooo new toys - how fun is that? I was looking for a stabalizer for my DR200 but haven't had luck with that. If I were taller a DRZ would sure have my interest but since I'm not I'll just be envious.

My plans for this gathering have changed, then changed again and might be on track now. One thing for sure is I'm looking forward to seeing all my old (AARP old? ) friends and meeting some new ones.

I think a least a couple of you met Lee at Hells Canyon and she has decided to join us for this adventure. Rainbow007, Lee and I will be riding down from the Spokane area via the scenic route. Lee rides a TW200, I'll bring the Superbug and Becky doesn't know which bike she is bring yet. It will either be her DR650 or her XT250. I might have to pressure her to bring the 250 so we can have an itty bitty girlie ride. Besides I'm leading and don't know where the heck I'm going. The 250 will be easier to turn around when I find a dead end.

We won't be able to meet at Shelly's house Thurs. and will try to meet up with everyone Fri. night but we don't know how we will do at making time from here to there. If we don't show up Fri. night we WILL show up Sat. night.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #216
Mustangshelly OP
Adventurer...hardly

More PMs sent

If you do not receive a PM regarding locations, addresses, etc., please let me know. I just can't seem to keep everything straight, so I may have missed someone along the way.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #217
Isis_mgg
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Another Lurker

I too have been watching this thread for a while, I am pretty shy and not so sure about riding away from my comfort riding shell and bike picker-upper (i.e. Husband) but all you ladies sound so wonderful and supportive plus I love beautiful scenery and taking pictures. I have lots of worries and 2 weeks to make sure I get all the gear together, and figure out what to eat on the trail for 2+ days ? but by giving it the adventure title maybe will help me deal with what comes my way. Right?
Can I be on the IN list. Diving in both feet here, I'm not a maybe I'm an IN!

Maria

PDX

Oh t-shirt too if I haven't missed that deadline
Isis_mgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #218
sector
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangshelly View Post
If you do not receive a PM regarding locations, addresses, etc., please let me know. I just can't seem to keep everything straight, so I may have missed someone along the way.
I could use that info, too, if you would send me a PM. Thanks!

sector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #219
Mustangshelly OP
Adventurer...hardly

PM sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sector View Post
I could use that info, too, if you would send me a PM. Thanks!
Sorry about that!
Old 07-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #220
Mustangshelly OP
Adventurer...hardly

Posts 1 & 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isis_mgg View Post
I too have been watching this thread for a while, I am pretty shy and not so sure about riding away from my comfort riding shell and bike picker-upper (i.e. Husband) but all you ladies sound so wonderful and supportive plus I love beautiful scenery and taking pictures. I have lots of worries and 2 weeks to make sure I get all the gear together, and figure out what to eat on the trail for 2+ days ? but by giving it the adventure title maybe will help me deal with what comes my way. Right?
Can I be on the IN list. Diving in both feet here, I'm not a maybe I'm an IN!

Maria

PDX

Oh t-shirt too if I haven't missed that deadline
Have all the general info about food and whatnot. If you wear a unisex size medium or large, I will probably have an extra shirt. I sent the order in this afternoon, so I can't order another specific size.

Other than that, welcome! I will PM the locations, addresses, etc. to you.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #221
Mustangshelly OP
Adventurer...hardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePosum View Post
All work and no play makes LittlePosum a dull girl. All work and no play makes LittlePosum a dull girl. All work and no play makes LittlePosum a dull girl. All work and no play makes LittlePosum a dull girl. All work and no play makes LittlePosum a dull girl.

But wait! There is hope upon the horizon!

Almost three more whole weeks until this ride? New job training has me putting in many more hours than I'm used to. Really looking forward to the Ladies Ride! I'll be on my DRZ 400 not only because I Love the Dizzer but its also the only motorcycle I have!

Got a few new farkels for it this season and they're being installed this week. Scott's Steering Stabilizer and new ProTaper bars plus oil change and a bunch of bearing grease. It's gonna feel like a a brand new bike!
I don't even know what a steering stabilizer does

Mustangshelly screwed with this post 07-11-2013 at 10:24 AM
Old 07-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #222
sector
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,861
Out

Hey Mustangshelly,
It looks like you've got some really fun riding planned! Unfortunately I'm gonna bow out. Look for me in October, though. And have fun. Would love to meet all the Adventure Ladies that are planning to show!

sector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #223
Mustangshelly OP
Adventurer...hardly

Sorry to hear it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sector View Post
Hey Mustangshelly,
It looks like you've got some really fun riding planned! Unfortunately I'm gonna bow out. Look for me in October, though. And have fun. Would love to meet all the Adventure Ladies that are planning to show!
It would have been great to see you. Yes, we do have some great riding planned and as you know, the scenery is spectacular.
See you in October!
Old 07-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #224
Mustangshelly OP
Adventurer...hardly

Details

I was reading my first couple of posts on this thread and realized I needed to clarify a couple of things. You are all invited to camp out at my place Thursday night. Thinking that we can BBQ something for dinner. Depart Friday morning between 9-10 for our ride around Bennett Pass over to Tygh Valley. Jeff will haul all our tents, bags, etc. into his pickup and have it waiting for us at the campground. It might be considered "glamping," but I'm not going complain. We will have a small BBQ, campstove and cookware to prepare whatever we may want to have for dinner. If anyone is interested in communal dinner, let me know and we can share the cost of the food. For both Friday and Saturday's rides, we will be divided into 3 groups so that everyone isn't following the same person. We've got a super coolio spot picked out on Bennett Pass where all three groups will converge for lunch and take a group photo (great idea, Susi!). I plan on stopping at many points along the way to take photos as well, so plan on that. Saturday morning we will need to have our gear rounded up before we leave so that it's easy for Jeff to toss it in the truck and head on over to Timothy Lake. Same story for Saturday night as far as dinner. Sunday, if any of the "Hoodies" are interested, I have a nice little route to run back home.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #225
TeamGS
Adventure-seeking family

Oddometer: 162
Pit stops

So, if I'm following your route correctly, we'll have opportunity to get supplies (beer!) or grab a meal around Tygh Valley or Govt Camp each day?? Are they not too far from each night's camp?
TeamGS is offline   Reply With Quote