Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #76
albest
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Hi Jeff: if you are going to ride the South South America by Chile, very good to do easy 2.000 miles, PM me and I can give you a little push.
Hope everything turns out well
Alberto
albest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #77
Krazycanuc
RCAF (rt'd)

Oddometer: 5
Jeff,

Lake Louise Campground in Banff National Park could be good place to camp but it is $27/day

Mosquito Creek Hostel off Hwy 93 N about 40 km north of Lake Louise. $24/day

Waterfowl Lake Campground off Hwy 93N about 30 Km north of Mosquito Creek. $21.50/day

Krazycanuc screwed with this post 07-09-2013 at 05:21 PM
Krazycanuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #78
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Oddometer: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by albest View Post
Hi Jeff: if you are going to ride the South South America by Chile, very good to do easy 2.000 miles, PM me and I can give you a little push.
Hope everything turns out well
Alberto
Will PM you albest sounds like a good plan that is if I go to Chile, not sure yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazycanuc View Post
Jeff,

Lake Louise Campground in Banff National Park could be good place to camp but it is $27/day

Mosquito Creek Hostel off Hwy 93 N about 40 km north of Lake Louise. $24/day

Waterfowl Lake Campground off Hwy 93N about 30 Km north of Mosquito Creek. $21.50/day
Thanks Jacques, this time I looked on time. In Banff right now and not to far from Lake Louise, think I will try the Mosquito Creek Hostel.

The scenery is fantastic so far along the Rocky's, and will post more later.

Jeff
Super Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #79
CourtRand
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
Question

subscribed! If you need any support (stuff shipped to our office) or some route suggestions if you pass through the middle of the world (Quito) (not sure if your "Amazon" route includes Ecuador) - let me know... With a little advanced notice we can get you some tires and/or brake pads at decent (SA) prices. We buy them wholesale and can help out passers-through...

+593(0)98-176-2340 http://FreedomBikeRental.com
court@freedombikerental.com
CourtRand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #80
Tripper-CMC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripper-CMC View Post
Hi Jeff,

Thought I would update a Google map to show your location based on your comments. Have a looksee and let me know where you stop and I will update it, If you give me a planned route I can add these too for you. Then anyone along the line can see you rolling along and hopefully they can offer a place to stay or offer some suggestions if they are familiar with the area.

http://goo.gl/maps/s1nWZ
Jeff,
Having problems updating the map, as I end up having to rebuild it every night...ARGGGG! So I am going to try another map called Google Lite and I think it will work much better, but it does not show the route, just your stops.

Here is the new pointer...

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...Y.k9meEa6vG6F4

Give it a try and let me know if it works. As well make sure you give the location of your stops in your reports so I can be as accurate as possible. Just the name of the park or closest town will do.

Keep the rubber rolling.... wish I was with you, but supporting you from the sidelines is about the best I can do for now bud!

Later Voyager!
Tripper-CMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #81
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Day 7 and 8

Having hard time finding good internet so here are both days.

Day 7

Had a great stay with Albertabob, super good host, and he made a good breakfast too, you can't ask for better, thanks Robert.

Had this whole route planned out, starting on the 22 and then across towards the 40, for some great back country riding, this is a nice back door track into Canmore, only thing is it turned out to be more challenging then I had bargained for, mostly because of some bridges and roads being washed out, at one point there was a crew fixing the road and signage saying road closed, not for me thou crossed around over a field and all the crew guys waving, so I waived back and thought what a friendly bunch, only to find out some 30 km further there is no more bridge to cross, oops, going back same guys again waving and laughing, I waived and laughed back, I finally did make it, just way later and not exactly on the route I had planned.

The scenery has really improved a lot, and some of the places I wanted to see was Banff and Lake Louise of course, Banff is one beautiful town with so many little shops and things to do you could stay there for a couple of weeks easy and Lake Louise is stunning to say the least, if it wasn’t for this weird guy steeling the shot you could have seen more of it, well now you will have to go and see it yourself.

Day 8

Stayed at the Mosquito lake hostel (camping), and then over the Glacier Icefields Parkway toward Jasper and the Columbia Icefield Glacier, everywhere you look it's one beautiful spot after another, need head on a swivel.

Tonight staying at inmate GISdood, in Prince George and tomorrow I well see if I can find some nice route to follow toward Whitehorse.

Jeff
Old 07-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #82
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtRand View Post
subscribed! If you need any support (stuff shipped to our office) or some route suggestions if you pass through the middle of the world (Quito) (not sure if your "Amazon" route includes Ecuador) - let me know... With a little advanced notice we can get you some tires and/or brake pads at decent (SA) prices. We buy them wholesale and can help out passers-through...
Thanks CourtRand for coming along and offering your help, I'm not sure about the exact route yet, a lot will depend on the weather.

Jeff
Old 07-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #83
tvbh40a
PSUViking

Oddometer: 1,407
Nice

The eyes never lie. You are a little weary my friend. Be safe.
tvbh40a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #84
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripper-CMC View Post
Jeff,
Having problems updating the map, as I end up having to rebuild it every night...ARGGGG! So I am going to try another map called Google Lite and I think it will work much better, but it does not show the route, just your stops.

Here is the new pointer...

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...Y.k9meEa6vG6F4

Give it a try and let me know if it works. As well make sure you give the location of your stops in your reports so I can be as accurate as possible. Just the name of the park or closest town will do.

Keep the rubber rolling.... wish I was with you, but supporting you from the sidelines is about the best I can do for now bud!

Later Voyager!
Thanks Greg for your help on this, looks ok to me, I wouldn't have had the time to figure it out.

Jeff
Old 07-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #85
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbh40a View Post

The eyes never lie. You are a little weary my friend. Be safe.
Thanks tvbh40a a lot of riding the last few days with those head winds did make for some challenging times, but still loving it, I will take a little down time soon.

Jeff
Old 07-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #86
BluNozr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 498
Nice start to the journey. Enjoy the ride.

Len

Blunozr
BluNozr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #87
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNozr View Post
Nice start to the journey. Enjoy the ride.

Len

Blunozr
Thanks Len will do.

Jeff
Old 07-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #88
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Day 9

Will stay one more night with GSIdood in Prince George, BC and get some needed rest.

Have also added an extra Kolpin fuel pack that was on sale here at Canadian Tire, just in case I come to some spots that may need a little more gas, most of the time I can get over 400 km per tank depending on wind and speed, worst was 360 km and best so far 480 km with speeds of mostly around gps 110 km per hour.

Tomorrow I will start on the Stewart Cassiar Hwy 37 towards White Horse, it's 1620 km and most likely a 3 day trip , wish me luck that the weather holds.

Don't know how the Internet will continue to work from here on up, but will post when I can.

Jeff
Old 07-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #89
Krazycanuc
RCAF (rt'd)

Oddometer: 5
Jeff,

Some campgrounds on the way to Whitehorse:

Riverside Park Campground, Smithers, $16 to $22, from Jct of Hwy 16 & Main St, N 0.75 mi on Main St

Seeley Lake Park, New Hazelton, $10 to $24, from town, W 4 mi on Hwy 16

Hwy 37 Rest Area 456 Km from Seely Lake Park. Nearest gas station is at Dease Lake Northway Motor Inn.
Krazycanuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #90
GT George
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
XTZ Ride

I'm in!!! Have a great ride Jeff and keep posting about your experiences. Kudos for making a leap of faith and your dream ride a reality. Most of all, ride safe and take care of yourself.

Keep CourtRand (post #79) in mind if you head to Quito. He and his staff are top notch and run a fantastic motorcycle adventure tour company. The weather in Ecuador is spring like year round and offers some of the most diverse terrain that my eyes have ever seen.

Also, I would be thankful if you would pass along any issues you might have with your Super Tenere. I just purchased a 2012 in June and having a great time riding this beast. Just doing some farkle work now and riding as much as I can before I make my first journey.

Keep on ridin'
George

Alpine Adventure - 8 Days, 5 Countries / MAY 2011
GT George is offline   Reply With Quote