ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
Wannabeeuro OP
Tuner chic

Oddometer: 1,962
New single track in summit county

Here is an opportunity to be part of getting the new trails open:

Saturday July 13th 8:30 am to 12:30 pm is the second SCORR Trail Maintenance Day of the summer. WE REALLY NEED YOU TO COME!! The US Forest Service is about to decide the fate of our 21 mile singletrack trail system proposal on Tenderfoot Mountain as well as 5 miles of additional trail in the Golden Horseshoe. They have said that we need to make a strong showing at our first two trail projects this summer. We have the opportunity to influence this decision and if you do not show up it will tell your fellow riders that you do not want much legal singletrack in Summit County. Right now there is only 6 miles of legal singletrack. If we get the proposed trails we stand to have 33 miles – almost 6 times what we have now!

We will be working on the Governor King Trail in the Golden Horseshoe near Breckenridge. The plan is to meet at the bottom of Rich Gulch at French Gulch Road ready to go up by 8:30am. You can ride your dirt bike up or catch a ride in the jeep. To get there follow Highway 9 south from Frisco almost into Breckenridge. Look for a stop light at Huron Road/County Road 450 on the left at a 7-11 station with the Breckenridge Rec Center on your right. Turn left onto Huron Road/County Road 450. In about .2 miles bear right onto Reiling Road thru French Creek subdivision and follow it over a few speed bumps for about .3 miles to a stop sign. Turn left at the stop sign and you will finally be on French Gulch Road. Follow it for about 1.7 miles and you will pass the bottom of Rich Gulch jeep road. In another .5 miles you will come to the parking area at the end of County Maintenance of French Gulch Road. Please park here if there is no decent parking along the road at the bottom of Rich Gulch.

If you can come, please get your friends to come too and RSVP to Jeff Stackhouse at vertigo157@hotmail.com with your name and phone number.

Please bring:
Long pants (NO SHORTS)
Work boots
Work Gloves
Water
A smile and be ready to build some fun trail!

At most of our project days we plan to ride in the area we just worked in the afternoon.

Please join us!

GREAT NEWS!! SCORR has again been named by COHVCO and the TPA as the OHV Club of the Year!! Why? Because we work hard to maintain our trails and we work in close partnership with our local land management offices such as the USFS, Summit County, and the towns of Breckenridge and Dillon to maintain our privilege/right to ride singletrack. The USFS needs to see a big turnout at the trail maintenance day on this Saturday. This is our last chance to impress the USFS with our commitment of working to enhance our riding opportunities. We expect their decision on the Tenderfoot Mountain Singletrack trail system later this month.

ALSO, we need more riders to volunteer to become SCORR trail ambassadors. This is a very important cog in the mechanism to achieve success in gaining the Tenderfoot Mountain Trail System. Among the many responsibilities are:
Spreading the Tread Lightly/Stay the Trail concept
Reporting any trail maintenance issues – downed trees, wash-outs, etc.
Providing help to trail users – first aid, trailside mechanical assistance, route information, etc.
Recording trail use statistics.
Anyone interested, please contact Ken Waugh with the Dillon Ranger District at kwaugh@fs.fed.us or call him at 970-262-3446 to sign up.

Find Me with SPOT http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...kUQSskMiIucMuB

Wannabeeuro screwed with this post 07-10-2013 at 07:08 PM Reason: Typo
Wannabeeuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #2
Pariahtize
Miscategorized

Oddometer: 1,241
Wish I could make it but not enough time to take off of work. . . here's a free bump.

Good luck, and thanks!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeeuro View Post
Tomorrow morning, Saturday July 13th 8:30 am to 12:30 pm is the second

So is it "tomorrow morning" i.e. Thursday?
... or is it this coming Saturday?
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #4
Wannabeeuro OP
Tuner chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
So is it "tomorrow morning" i.e. Thursday?
... or is it this coming Saturday?
That was an error from the copy and paste that I forgot to delete. It's this Saturday.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #5
MattinCO
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
I should be able to make this.

Is the meeting area at the parking area on the south side of the road where Sally Barber Rd meets up with French Gulch?
MattinCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #6
Wannabeeuro OP
Tuner chic

I've never been to the meeting spot, can you RSVP to Jeff (in the first post) to be sure it's the right spot.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattinCO View Post
I should be able to make this.

Is the meeting area at the parking area on the south side of the road where Sally Barber Rd meets up with French Gulch?

Old 07-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #7
no2tracks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
Copy to other forums

I just made a copy to ktmtalk.

Short notice!
no2tracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #8
Geolander
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 472
Man, why'd I get a job?
Geolander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #9
Wannabeeuro OP
Tuner chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2tracks View Post
I just made a copy to ktmtalk.

Short notice!
Good Idea! I posted it to Boulder County trail riders as well.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:18 AM   #10
MattinCO
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Jeff did confirm the meeting area is the parking area on the south side of the road near where Sally Barber Rd meets up with French Gulch.
MattinCO is offline   Reply With Quote