Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
Simplyred OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 500
Which knee protectors for my Rukka pants?

I own Rukka pants that came with knee protectors in the waffle form. Point is, they are too hard on the knees especially when the knees are touching the bikes panels in front. So I am looking for knee protectors that fit in the rukka pants, have good protection but are also very soft to the knees.

Any ideas ?

Thanks for any advice you can come up with.
I was visiting my young friend last night when I asked if I could borrow a newspaper. “This is the 21st century, old man,” he said. “We don’t waste money on newspapers. Here, you can borrow my iPad.” I can tell you, that fly never knew what hit it...
Simplyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #2
SOMA Man
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
I also found the original waffle style knee pads (Rukka Armas) to be very uncomfortable. I ordered the upgrade/replacement Rukka D30 Air Knee Pads. D30 worked specifically with Rukka when they developed the armor. Besides it being more comfortable than the standard armor, it provides greater levels of protection. It blows away the D30 armor in my Klim Badlands Pro pants. I picked mine up for $45 and I have been very pleased.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/r...-air-knee-pads
SOMA Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:27 AM   #3
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,680
I use the Forcefield, strap-on knee protectors (not strapped on) in my Rukka Allroad.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:13 AM   #4
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOMA Man View Post
I also found the original waffle style knee pads (Rukka Armas) to be very uncomfortable. I ordered the upgrade/replacement Rukka D30 Air Knee Pads. D30 worked specifically with Rukka when they developed the armor. Besides it being more comfortable than the standard armor, it provides greater levels of protection. It blows away the D30 armor in my Klim Badlands Pro pants. I picked mine up for $45 and I have been very pleased.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/r...-air-knee-pads
Have you tried them in the cold yet?
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:45 AM   #5
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,182
The Forcefield stuff did the best in that published test that is floating around here somewhere.. I keep meaning to order it to replace my D3O stuff in my KLIM gear.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #6
SOMA Man
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Have you tried them in the cold yet?
Living in San Francisco, the coldest I have ridden in them was around 40F. The D30 was still malleable and comfortable. However, I can't give you any information regarding their performance <32F. All I can tell you is that they are much softer and thicker than the original armor.
SOMA Man is online now   Reply With Quote