Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2013, 05:10 AM   #1021
PFFOG
Richard Alps-aholic

Oddometer: 1,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Hemlock View Post
next time look for an Adam's apple

Tranny's must be popular in Spokane. Had an acquaintance spend a night in the Spokane jail due to a situation.

He went to watch Evil Knievel jump the snake river, and ended up in a Spokane bar. He thought he was going to get lucky, until he reached under the dress, and found external parts hanging. He landed a punch and was arrested. They must have been overwhelmed with the overflow from the botched Evil jump, so they let him go the next morning and told him to leave town and never come back.

Richard
PFFOG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:48 AM   #1022
Spacelord
Mutha Mutha

Oddometer: 809
Take keys out of top box before getting on bike.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #1023
Plaka
Brevis illi vita est

Oddometer: 4,545
Before spending an hour and a half tearing down the non-spraying spray gun, make sure it was plugged into the compressor in the first place.
Plaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:56 AM   #1024
R Brown
KLRider

Oddometer: 55
When the power goes out during severe thunder storms and you get the 15 hp. generator out, be sure to flip the switch to RUN before you pull the starting rope 20 or 30 times......
Old 07-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #1025
Laconic
Gaulded

Oddometer: 15,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFFOG View Post
Tranny's must be popular in Spokane. Had an acquaintance spend a night in the Spokane jail due to a situation.

He went to watch Evil Knievel jump the snake river, and ended up in a Spokane bar. He thought he was going to get lucky, until he reached under the dress, and found external parts hanging. He landed a punch and was arrested. They must have been overwhelmed with the overflow from the botched Evil jump, so they let him go the next morning and told him to leave town and never come back.
He should have commandeered a duece and a half with a big fifty in the back and returned to wreak havoc.
Laconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #1026
KeithinSC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,111
When topping off the windshield fluid on the MIL's car, make sure the gallon jug with the blue fluid is washer fluid, not a gallon jug of blue tire mounting fluid.

NAPA should put a label or something on that stuff!

Not to bad, only about a tablespoon or so before I caught my mistake.
KeithinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:41 AM   #1027
BossMaverick
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Brown View Post
When the power goes out during severe thunder storms and you get the 15 hp. generator out, be sure to flip the switch to RUN before you pull the starting rope 20 or 30 times......
Likewise, when starting a Honda GX small engine (or Honda clone), make sure the fuel valve is actually on. I got the on and off positions confused one day. I almost ordered a carb rebuild kit before I discovered my error.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #1028
wos
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithinSC View Post
When topping off the windshield fluid on the MIL's car, make sure the gallon jug with the blue fluid is washer fluid, not a gallon jug of blue tire mounting fluid.

NAPA should put a label or something on that stuff!

Not to bad, only about a tablespoon or so before I caught my mistake.
I did something similar once a long time ago in a former life as a young artillery private.
On our way out for a 5 day gun camp two of us were sent out to the POL shed to fill a bunch of 5 gallon cans with Naptha for the tent catalytic heaters. We were told it was in a 45 gallon drum and there were 2 in the shed, neither marked. It wreaked of diesel fuel, gasoline, oil whatever so we pumped some out of the first barrel and what we could smell of it, smelled gassy so off we went. Pumping away we filled the three jerry cans and headed out. Three hours of convoy away we set up camp, the first night was warm so the heaters weren't needed, second was slightly cooler and the guys filled the heaters and tried to light them. A brief whoosh and the flame would slowly peter out producing no heat. These were old heaters and they quickly gave up on them as it wasn't cold enough to fight them.
When we got home we took the remaining fuel out to dump back in the barrel and noticed in the daylight, outside the stinky shed it looked blue. poured some out and it was windshield washer fluid with just enough alcohol to light up.
wos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #1029
pennswoodsed
lizards,bugs and me

Oddometer: 668
made me laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Brown View Post
Sweating ,swearing and hoping loved ones don't realize in whose hands their comfort lies !
pennswoodsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:52 AM   #1030
PunkinHead
Moobless Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossMaverick View Post
Likewise, when starting a Honda GX small engine (or Honda clone), make sure the fuel valve is actually on. I got the on and off positions confused one day. I almost ordered a carb rebuild kit before I discovered my error.
10 or so years ago during a power outage a neighbor came over and knocked frantically on my door asking me to come help carry buckets of water out of her basement sump. I walked over to see a half dozen neighbors doing just that, dripping dirty water all over her basement and upstairs carpets. Her generator, which none of these bucket carrying geniuses could start, was sitting in her garage. I said I'd rather work on the generator than carry water.

Fuel in the tank. Check. Air filter clean. Check. Pull plug and check for spark. Check. Open drain on bottom of carb. No fuel comes out. Turns out there was a petcock hidden on the bottom of the tank that the owner didn't know about.
PunkinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #1031
MustHaveRM250
Steve

Oddometer: 25
MustHaveRM250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:41 AM   #1032
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,298
Petcock.... I got a very good MTD garden tractor/mower for $50.00 because the genius that owned it couldn't figure out why it kept stalling. Took me less than 5 minutes to look in the tank and remove the large bug wing intermittently obstructing the fuel flow.

He even delivered it here before he went out and bought a new one. I told him the next day what the problem was, he wasn't happy at what he lost on that sale.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #1033
troidus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669 View Post
He even delivered it here before he went out and bought a new one. I told him the next day what the problem was, he wasn't happy at what he lost on that sale.
Dude next door is patching up an early Dakota pickup that he bought "not running" for $200 from the guy across the street who'd let it sit for the last 18 months. One new distributor later and it runs fine. Now he's patching rust holes and prepping it for paint. Guy across the street isn't very happy.
troidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #1034
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by troidus View Post
Dude next door is patching up an early Dakota pickup that he bought "not running" for $200 from the guy across the street who'd let it sit for the last 18 months. One new distributor later and it runs fine. Now he's patching rust holes and prepping it for paint. Guy across the street isn't very happy.
German neighbor sold his Chevy 4x4 for less than $500.00 because it had a rusty gas tank. It re-appeared the following week in the village, fuel tank still leaking and bought by someone we both know well for $1,500.00.

I should have bought it.

Eh...got a lead on a semi-trailer full of new motorcycle tires yesterday.But I don't trust that wheeler dealer. Note to self....listen to your instincts.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #1035
redprimo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 324
If you drain the oil out of a Honda CT90 you can ride it four miles with zero damage to the motor.
redprimo is offline   Reply With Quote