ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #1096
malibu_dan
Adventuring Mystic

Oddometer: 1,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by seniorasi View Post
I'm back to WTF? I did everything I'm supposed to on the photo when uploading to image shack. Selected thumbnail, selected forum use, and here we are with another gigantic photo. Sorry for the inconvenience....
You forgot to click on a different size before grabbing the link. The second thing to go is your eyesight by the way...
Old 07-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #1097
malibu_dan
Adventuring Mystic

Oddometer: 1,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_TN View Post
Dan-

What's the matter too far for ya to go to get it?
Didn't I just send your butt to Walls, MS? Not too far, just the wrong direction. I've been on three solid days of shooting this week. Maybe I'll take some time off and go get seniorasi's tag--it's much more interesting than an overstated piece of lawn chatchki.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #1098
seniorasi
Banned

Oddometer: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_dan View Post
You forgot to click on a different size before grabbing the link. The second thing to go is your eyesight by the way...
Thanks for the advice Dan. BTW...If you see my first thing to go lying around drop it in the mail to me. I'll be all too delighted to reimburse your postage expenditures.
seniorasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #1099
ZGirl
Girly Adventurer

Tag!

Oh crud, never mind..... I couldn't get the big pics to load on my phone and thought that I remembered it was the marker in Moscow.

Carry on.......

ZGirl screwed with this post 07-13-2013 at 12:50 PM
ZGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #1100
Grizz Adams
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,864
Pics or it didn't happen.

"I go where the voices in my head tell me to!"

KTM 990 ADV- "Annika"
08 DR650 for sale
2006 ZG1000-for sale
Grizz Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #1101
ZGirl
Girly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_TN View Post
Pics or it didn't happen.

I edited it and realized we just rode 100 miles for the wrong tag.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #1102
Grizz Adams
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGirl View Post
I edited it and realized we just rode 100 miles for the wrong tag.

Oops!

On a bright note you weren't too far from the real tag. If I'm not mistaken its in Lagrange.

"I go where the voices in my head tell me to!"

KTM 990 ADV- "Annika"
08 DR650 for sale
2006 ZG1000-for sale
Grizz Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:14 PM   #1103
ZGirl
Girly Adventurer

Just a little about our day.....

We got out late, decided to grab a bite at the Wolf River Café and got there around 10:30.

Too late for breakfast and too early for lunch evidently as our food didn't come until 11:30....
We entertained ourselves watching two ladies on a Shadow and a Savage spend 15 minutes to put on a half shell helmet. Seriously, that was all their gear. We winced as they wobbled down the road, then came back a few minutes later going the other way. I think at least one of them was a new rider, which worried me since I didn't think her deck shoes would be very grippy if needed.

After we ate, Bill went to pay the check and the cashier had gone to the bank. We watched her leave about 15 - 20 minutes before and they said it might still be a while.....

So...... we waited patiently.

Couldn't get the thread to load on my phone and thought I knew where it was, so we proceed to tag the wrong spot!

Then, on the way to the next tag we were held up by a COALLLLLLLL TRAINNNNNNN!!!!

Next we got to wait at the one lane light at the river bridge....

Stopped at the gas station in Somerville and watched a Harley rider braid his hair into a pony-tail while I waited for Bill. Then his wife came out.

I told Bill that you would think she could have done that for him while they were riding, but I guess a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

We proceeded to our next tag (that's a secret) and then home.

What an ADV kind of day.

ZGirl screwed with this post 07-13-2013 at 03:41 PM
Old 07-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #1104
seniorasi
Banned

Quote:
Just a little about our day.....

We got out late, decided to grab a bite at the Wolf River Café and got there around 10:30.

Too late for breakfast and too early for lunch evidently as our food didn't come until 11:30....
We entertained ourselves watching two ladies on a Shadow and a Savage spend 15 minutes to put on a half shell helmet. Seriously, that was all their gear. We winced as they wobbled down the road, then came back a few minutes later going the other way. I think at least one of them was a new rider, which worried me since I didn't think her deck shoes would be very grippy if needed.

After we ate, Bill went to pay the check and the cashier had gone to the bank. We watched her leave about 15 - 20 minutes before and they said it might still be a while.....

So...... we waited patiently.

Couldn't get the thread to load on my phone and thought I knew where it was, so we proceed to tag the wrong spot!

Then, on the way to the next tag we were held up by a COALLLLLLLL TRAINNNNNNN!!!!

Next we got to wait at the one lane light at the river bridge....

Stopped at the gas station in Somerville and watched a Harley rider braid his hair into a pony-tail while I waited for Bill. Then his wife came out.

I told Bill that you would think she could have done that for him while they were riding, but I guess a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

We proceeded to our next tag (that's a secret) and then home.

What an ADV kind of day.
Wish I had that kind of patience Gloria. I waited 90 minutes for two eggs over easy one morning after the rush. I didn't care for the food, the service, or the attitude of the staff. I've not been back. YMMV.

Josh is correct ZZ Girl: It's in La Grange. If you're east bound on the east side of town you'll find it on the north side of the highway 600 yds. before the stop sign at the T. I love reading history and wonder what life in the US would be like had the war between the states not occurred.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:55 PM   #1105
JustinT
I will ride my whole life

Oddometer: 942
Anyone else use tapatalk? For some reason none of the pics have shown up. .. just has an icon that shows it was posted

Never mind, un installed and redid fixed now

JustinT screwed with this post 07-13-2013 at 11:22 PM
JustinT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:07 AM   #1106
ZGirl
Girly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650Rking View Post
Anyone else use tapatalk? For some reason none of the pics have shown up. .. just has an icon that shows it was posted

Never mind, un installed and redid fixed now
Huh, that's probably what I need to do. I couldn't get the pics on my phone yesterday and thought it was because I had a weak signal there at the restaurant.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:15 AM   #1107
ZGirl
Girly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seniorasi View Post
Wish I had that kind of patience Gloria. I waited 90 minutes for two eggs over easy one morning after the rush. I didn't care for the food, the service, or the attitude of the staff. I've not been back. YMMV.

Josh is correct ZZ Girl: It's in La Grange. If you're east bound on the east side of town you'll find it on the north side of the highway 600 yds. before the stop sign at the T. I love reading history and wonder what life in the US would be like had the war between the states not occurred.
Service was never fast at the WRC, but the attitude of the staff was always very friendly. The last couple of times we've stopped in it has been a different experience. I think maybe ownership or management has changed.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #1108
seniorasi
Banned

Quote:
Service was never fast at the WRC, but the attitude of the staff was always very friendly. The last couple of times we've stopped in it has been a different experience. I think maybe ownership or management has changed.
I must have been there on an off day for them Gloria. It's been 5 or 6 years ago I guess...I don't usually besmirch the wait staff or the cooks regardless of service, just chiming in.

My type A tendencies aren't as focused as they were but I'm still more of an eat and run individual. Slowing down in my old age...but still like to go.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #1109
seniorasi
Banned

So...Where are we in the PT hunt? I went to Savannah today for a part that didn't fit my bike. The upside is I had a great burger at the Toll House, met a fellow ADV guy, and the ride was awesome! I would have even had time for a photo tag mission.

Things are slowing down in the remodeling until more planning is done. I'll actually be able to make the dinner rides I think.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:01 AM   #1110
seniorasi
Banned

Btt