Finncherokee OP
GS1100

Oddometer: 2
New tires for 1100GS - Full Bore USA M40 Adventure Sport

Full Bore USA M40 Adventure Sport
110/80 R19 TL 59V Front
Full Bore USA M40 Adventure Sport
150/70 R17 TL 69V Rear

Does anybody have experience with these?
Finncherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:13 AM   #2
N-m
Captain 2 Sexy

Oddometer: 353
These look like a more aggressive Shinko 703, which is what I am running now. No personal experience but I may give them a try in the future.
N-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:03 AM   #3
Rockmuncher
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 751
I heard they are the Shinkos rebranded. I ran the Shinko radials on my bike and liked them fine. The rear didn't get many miles, I think around 4000-4500 but the front did about 16000 miles. Pretty sticky and a little more agressive than the tourance.
Rockmuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:23 AM   #4
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 15,165
they look the same as a shinko 705
which is a pretty good tire in my experience
mouthfulloflake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #5
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon

Oddometer: 7,066
your mileage may vary with these tires:

http://www.stromtrooper.com/maintena...amination.html
-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #6
N-m
Captain 2 Sexy

Oddometer: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySands View Post
your mileage may vary with these tires:

http://www.stromtrooper.com/maintena...amination.html
Every link like this I have seen has been at least two years old. Anything out there more current? I can't find anything.

Is it possible Shinko has fixed these problems in the last two years? Is it possible he other tire manufacturers have had a similar issue in their years of production? I am new to this so I don't know.
N-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #7
lanceputnam
Hayden's Dad

Oddometer: 418
Properly typed title... Small hyper linked pics that are spaced just like they were pasted of another forums post... And a post count of 1...

Why not just be honest and say you work for the manufacturer? Come on out of the closet hero...

2012 BMW R1200 GS-Rallye
lanceputnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:12 AM   #8
Finncherokee OP
GS1100

Oddometer: 2
Hi Lanceputnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceputnam View Post
Properly typed title... Small hyper linked pics that are spaced just like they were pasted of another forums post... And a post count of 1...

Why not just be honest and say you work for the manufacturer? Come on out of the closet hero...

You are right, that photo is copy pasted from website of one tiredealer. I just asked if anybody has any experience with these unknown tires. I appreciate your professional knowledge - it helps a lot.
Finncherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #9
Ravenslair
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 424
I have a Full Bore M40 radial on the rear of my 1150GSA. It has 7500 miles at the moment and looks like it will get another 1000-2000 miles. I have not compared it to the Shinko, but I have heard the lug spacing is a little wider on thie Full Bore. I am very happy with it and am up in the air if I switch to the Tourance or stick with the Full Bore. The only reason I would switch to the Tourance is I am a 95/5 rider and the Full Bore does let loose when it is really wet and I lean too much. If I ride a little more reserved in the rain, I have zero issues with it. It is a great tire for the price.
Ravenslair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #10
KoolBreeze
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 456
made in the same plant as the Shinko's...

but uses a different mold and tread pattern. (look closely)

I have a set on my bike currently and a new rear sitting beside me as I type this.

expect to get maybe close to 7k on the rear by the time I swap, on a bike that is basically always loaded. (myself and three boxes of gear) took them on a recent trip to the rally in Oregon.

I do have a vibration from the front.. don't see any strange wear and it "appears" ok BUT I balanced re-using the dynabeads from the last install and that might be the issue. I expect to be removing the tire this weekend sometime to inspect, remove beads and reinstall. maybe it will be the beads...

performance wise... they are "ok" on the road. I'm not pushing them as hard as I would a more street oriented tire and in the dry they seem ok. can handle a sport ride fine but I wouldn't push them past that either. I had them in rain but drove conservatively and did fine. off road, haven't had them in the wet off road, only dry dirt and sand. they worked as well as one could expect such a tread pattern. which means they aren't knobbies, but are still a far site more meaty than most. air em down and ride appropriately.

anything in particular you are looking for?

honestly I was thinking I should've just gotten an K60 set but wanted to get the tire NOW and for some reason when I order these I get them the next day. (I ordered this rear tire Wednesday night and it was at my house Thursday early afternoon) and I was thinking of swapping this weekend... but honestly I have other things to do and the front tire takes precedence so now it might wait till next week to install.

the thing is... the price. hard to beat that price. but if I can get 10-11k miles from a hedeniau K60 (if) then the point is close to moot since it removes the time and bother of a tire change. then again... that price. a full set for less than the price of a K60 rear. hopefully it is the beads in the front tire, removing the beads and a normal balance might resolve.

KoolBreeze screwed with this post 08-09-2013 at 07:05 PM
KoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #11
KoolBreeze
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 456
wanted to add something...

hopefully the front tire wobble is nothing, because I want to like these tires even more than I wanted to like the Anakee 2's. (they ended up disappointing)

for one thing, the front tire is a lot quieter than the Anakee 2.

and they are far better off road.

(in the rain, where the anakee 2 is supposed to really shine, I highly doubt the Fullbore could come close, but I don't know since I didn't see much we with either. or even for all out sport riding on road... where the Anakee 2 was slightly more confident. but like I said, for what it is the fullbore does fine on road)

fyi the set of tires I have on the bike have made a trip up 395 to 89 to 5 into Oregon up to Portland, over Oregon 36 to the coast, down the coast to yet another 36 (how strange is that? California 36= Curves Next 140 Miles ) back to 5 and down to san diego. (with a few side trips like up 120 over the sierras and back) beside a few trips to the local mountains and deserts of socal.

they handled it just fine. fully loaded and leaning over. lol

edit: what I thought might be a front tire wobble was nothing.

the tires are working out just fine.

no idea why somebody living in Finland is looking at them... are they sold there?

KoolBreeze screwed with this post 08-18-2013 at 09:55 PM
KoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:48 PM   #12
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 15,165
I just ordered one for the rear of my r1100gs, Ill be thrilled with any thing over 5500 miles for life.

that is 1.7 cents per mile.
mouthfulloflake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:59 PM   #13
VEGASGSA
Need more Summer

Oddometer: 6,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
up to Portland, over Oregon 36 to the coast, down the coast to yet another 36 (how strange is that?)
Because from Portland over TO the coast..you were on 30..not 36?

VEGASGSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #14
Ravenslair
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 424
8500 miles on the rear with at least another 1000 before the center of the tread is gone. I would not be surprised if this thing does not make it close to 10,000. I almost regret buying and mounting a set of Tourances on my second set of wheels. They are just sitting there and will likely sit for another month before I swap them. I have not had Tourances and wanted to see how they handle in the rain. The M-40 can slip a bit in rain. Overall though, super deal for a solid performing tire.
Ravenslair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #15
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,518
I've got about 1000mi left on my rear TKC and think I'm going to try one of these. It was one of these or an original Tourance, but for $85 I figure it can't hurt to try it out
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote