Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #1366
Shercoman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Hey guys,been under the weather so haven't posted for a while.
I did take the BW400 to the dunes over the long weekend and it was really a blast.

We did some drag racing and the 400 showed itself well. I was able to beat a 250R two stroke quad and the 450R and Raptor 700 quads but the radical Banshees and the turbo Raptor 700 ate my lunch.
I was running the stock knobbie so a paddle tire would get me out of the hole a lot better.It also climbed pretty well with some momentum but definitely needed a paddle tire.

BWSwamper
Converting a TTR250 could be done as easily as any bike.Triple clamps are pretty much the same no matter what bike and the swingarm is the other issue. The newer bikes have longer swingarms so you have more room for the jackshaft.When I did the TT500 it had a short swingarm so the jackshaft added unwanted wheelbase.It did not want to wheelie as easily any more.The newer bikes with longer arms and the shock linkage in front of the tire would work better.
Shercoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #1367
RWBWheel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
BW200 Primary chain

Hi Guy's..
I havent checked in in awhile..
Glad to see Mr. Bigwheel is going to be here in Wa. state twice in the next year racing...hope to see first (Everett) and do second race.(D-100) or at least the poker run on the 200, unless things change and I score a 350. It seems like the best ones on the west coast end up in an Alaskan stable somewhere.

Just took the primary chain of a 85-200 (pretty shure first time off) and stiff and nasty is an understatement /even after kerosene soaking..
SO..What is best to replace with/best bang for buck in all your opinions??
530 chain..22 link's..looks like all the good O-ring chain on e-bay is all in 110 link sets? just buy it and do the next 4 changes and hold on to it?
Any recommended brands?
when i took off the factory clip I broke it..normal?
Replace with a clip or a riveted chain??
Any help soon appreciated..want to ride soon..
RWBWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #1368
Cliff h
[IMG]http://i219.pho

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBWheel View Post
Hi Guy's..
I havent checked in in awhile..
Glad to see Mr. Bigwheel is going to be here in Wa. state twice in the next year racing...hope to see first (Everett) and do second race.(D-100) or at least the poker run on the 200, unless things change and I score a 350. It seems like the best ones on the west coast end up in an Alaskan stable somewhere.

Just took the primary chain of a 85-200 (pretty shure first time off) and stiff and nasty is an understatement /even after kerosene soaking..
SO..What is best to replace with/best bang for buck in all your opinions??
530 chain..22 link's..looks like all the good O-ring chain on e-bay is all in 110 link sets? just buy it and do the next 4 changes and hold on to it?
Any recommended brands?
when i took off the factory clip I broke it..normal?
Replace with a clip or a riveted chain??
Any help soon appreciated..want to ride soon..
RW Bigwheel:

I too will be at Endurocross this year. Desert 100 logistics still being worked out.

I used a clip style chain for ease of future (lack of) maintenance. I initially bought an o-ring style, but I could not get a clip style master link for it. If you still want an o-ring chain, I have one that you are welcome to.
Cliff h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #1369
wingnut racer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Street Legal???

Anyone ever get their BW's streetable? I'm going to try and get my 350 on the road. Be ready for the Zombie Apocalypse when it comes to Brooklyn!
wingnut racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #1370
RWBWheel
Gnarly Adventurer

[QUOTE=Shercoman;21832745]Hey guys,been under the weather so haven't posted for a while.
I did take the BW400 to the dunes over the long weekend and it was really a blast.

Can you tease us with pictures and or video ??
Old 07-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #1371
Shercoman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
[QUOTE=RWBWheel;21841583]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shercoman View Post
Hey guys,been under the weather so haven't posted for a while.

Can you tease us with pictures and or video ??

Sadly,I did take my GoPro with intentions of doing some filming but the serious rain and the start of my bit of health issues made me lazy and not use the camera.
Shercoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #1372
greg24
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
got a new bw

well i got a another bw 200 to day. got it for 1025.00 it was a one owner and well then care of. now i have (2) bw200 both are (85)s both are in great condition all stock
Old 07-12-2013, 12:35 AM   #1373
RWBWheel
Gnarly Adventurer

[QUOTE=Cliff h;21838490]RW Bigwheel:

I too will be at Endurocross this year. Desert 100 logistics still being worked out.

What class are you riding in Endurocross Cliff?
Do you and Hollywood have Mr Bigwheel up for putting the washington staged BW350 race bike around that track??

Went with a 530 o-ring chain...
Old 07-12-2013, 12:40 AM   #1374
RWBWheel
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg24 View Post
well i got a another bw 200 to day. got it for 1025.00 it was a one owner and well then care of. now i have (2) bw200 both are (85)s both are in great condition all stock
Outstanding! sum pic's??
I have 3 85's all in great shape..going to let 2 go..
I have seen-lot lately on craigs.
And some good deals anyway's....
Are you joining the Desert 100 Bigwheel Brigade in spring 2014?
Right next door to you here in Wa.........
Old 07-12-2013, 01:05 AM   #1375
RWBWheel
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut racer View Post
Anyone ever get their BW's streetable? I'm going to try and get my 350 on the road. Be ready for the Zombie Apocalypse when it comes to Brooklyn!
I am selling this 1985 BW 200 with a bit of 'Bug-Out' features...
[IMG][/IMG]
But Also have a street legal 200 in Wa. State with led blinkers/horn/mirrors/tusk control switch.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG]
[/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-12-2013, 05:55 AM   #1376
wingnut racer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
RWBWheel

What brake light is on your TW200? I'm making my 350 street legal and like your set up.
wingnut racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #1377
Mr. BigWheel OP
b00b

Oddometer: 716
RWBWheel,

I think that you probably made the right choice for your chain. Since you are likely to encounter mud during your rides(what? rain in Washington?), you will get a better bang for your buck with an O-ring chain. When you run two O-rings on the BW, the drag is quite noticeable. If you were looking for maximum horsepower (at the dragstrip, Supercross or the Salt Flats) the cheaper standard chains are the way to go.

Cliff is going to race the "Mamma Didn't Raise No Fool Class" at EnduroX. Just like the race we ran in Alaska, Cliff will be the man behind the camera, sucking down a beer as the fools thrash and flail around the track.

(I'm going to try to get him to run the 350 around the track during one of the practices though. Just don't tell him I said that)

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel
Old 07-13-2013, 01:20 AM   #1378
greg24
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBWheel View Post
Outstanding! sum pic's??
I have 3 85's all in great shape..going to let 2 go..
I have seen-lot lately on caigs.
And some good deals anyway's....
Are you joining the Desert 100 Bigwheel Brigade in spring 2014?
Right next door to you here in Wa.........
where are they going race this desert 100
Old 07-13-2013, 03:11 AM   #1379
RWBWheel
Gnarly Adventurer

[QUOTE=Mr. BigWheel;21850187]RWBWheel,

I think that you probably made the right choice for your chain. Since you are likely to encounter mud during your rides(what? rain in Washington?), you will get a better bang for your buck with an O-ring chain. When you run two O-rings on the BW, the drag is quite noticeable. If you were looking for maximum horsepower (at the dragstrip, Supercross or the Salt Flats) the cheaper standard chains are the way to go.

Cliff is going to race the "Mamma Didn't Raise No Fool Class" at EnduroX. Just like the race we ran in Alaska, Cliff will be the man behind the camera, sucking down a beer as the fools thrash and flail around the track.

(I'm going to try to get him to run the 350 around the track during one of the practices though. Just don't tell him I said that)

I have a bud who is a videographer/ retired that likes to mess around and im 15 blocks from the race..we would be happy to help shoot footage and I'll even go out on a limb and drink with cliff .....could bring the 12' e-z up over so you all look like aTaddy type setup ......
Old 07-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #1380
BWSwamper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Duro Buffalo?

Has anyone tried the Duro Buffalo tires? They are available in 4- or 6-ply for front or rear.

http://www.durotire.com/tires/tabid/...9/default.aspx

BWSwamper screwed with this post 07-13-2013 at 08:34 AM
BWSwamper is offline   Reply With Quote