Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #16
sunnybandit OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
I get more then 100 to empty more like 120 or 130. It's only when I drive to fast on the freeway that the numbers start to go down. I got the air box mod and a big old white brothers full system. If anybody knows how to get more miles I would like to know. How many tanks to the oil change?! ;)

MSE mobile
sunnybandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #17
OR Trail
looks for unlocked gates

Oddometer: 338
I have 2 Renazco's (XR650R & KTM 950), as well as a Seat Concepts on a DRZ. They are all fine seats, and for the wait time I would go Seat Concepts. A local custom I once had done was worlds better than any of the above. Alaska Leathers sheep skin does wonders for any seat except perhaps true custom, and seems to work wonders on a few stockers as well. I have ridden other people's bikes with Corbins and it isn't for me, plus they are heavy and generally expensive. S.C. seems much more comfortable at a better price given a choice between the 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnybandit View Post
Thanks guys. Spoke to Renzaco who I found out himself is a 650r man. Like said above its a time issue so if he can't find me a spot it's goina be Corbin or seat concepts.

MSE mobile
OR Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #18
sintax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 495
Quote:
I get more then 100 to empty more like 120 or 130. It's only when I drive to fast on the freeway that the numbers start to go down. I got the air box mod and a big old white brothers full system. If anybody knows how to get more miles I would like to know. How many tanks to the oil change?! ;)

MSE mobile
Rumor has it the TM40 is a easy way to jump 8-12 mpg. I installed one, but I have not run any tests to see what i'm getting mpg wise.

During my TAT trip, I plan on changing the oil twice along the trip. one of those oil changes will be oil only, filter will remain intact
sintax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #19
sunnybandit OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sintax View Post
Rumor has it the TM40 is a easy way to jump 8-12 mpg. I installed one, but I have not run any tests to see what i'm getting mpg wise.

During my TAT trip, I plan on changing the oil twice along the trip. one of those oil changes will be oil only, filter will remain intact
I was just being cheeky, I change mine every 1300miles. Filter ever other, works fine.

MSE mobile
Old 07-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #20
ODSC1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
I have a Renzaco on one of my XRR's. It's a great seat and certainly way better than stock. I rode around Central America on it for a couple months. It did come with the bike when I bought it a few years ago.

I also have a SDG/ Moose seat for my other XRR. And surprisingly enough I find it just as comfortable as the Renzaco seat.

Brian
ODSC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #21
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,418
Quote:
Hello.
I love my medium red pig, and the road is calling again.
As a new member on here I have a bunch of questions for youall, and here comes the first....

I have cut my seat, glued and shaved softer foam, added sheep skin, and my ass still gets super sore after 3 hours. It is simply not wide enough in the back for cruising. curious if any body on here has experience with either a renazco racing seat or corbin or anything else. I am leaning toward the corbin due to the fact I can simply order one and have it here in 2 weeks. A part of me wants to keep the stock seat they way I have it set up because on twistys or mixed offroad conditions its fine, but for those long huals btw states or moods its a real B*tch.

Also debating putting the 7 gal IMS tank I have to match the cruiser seat and dirt bags I ordered. Current tank is 4 gal IMS which if I keep it under 70mph gets me a little over 100 miles.

Thanks
Matt
That mileage sucks, 43-50mpg is pretty normal when dual sporting the xrr. Sea level is closer to 43 and at alt it'll get closer to 50. Check out the seat concepts cover & foam. I put one on my 525 and just did a 500 mi ride, its wider toward the back and fairly comfortable.
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #22
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,517
I have a Renazco on my XRR and love it. I also have another bike with a Seat Concepts and it is great too, especially for the price. I hate Corbins, they weigh more than 2 stock seats!

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #23
Jayrod1318
Poster

Oddometer: 1,544
Looking to get a seat concepts, lots of positive reviews. inexpensive

I run the stock carb 165 main, 65s, stock gearing, I get 50mpg most trips.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #24
Sean-0
Closed

Oddometer: 4,199
+1 seat concepts ...........suade cover ..worth the extra coin
just about to head off on a 5,000 mile ride .....the seat has done this several times and I can sit on it all day long
Sean-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #25
sintax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
just about to head off on a 5,000 mile ride .....the seat has done this several times and I can sit on it all day long
I think I would have opt'd for the suede seat cover if it was offered when I bought mine. I always heard its not practical, but Fawk practical =)
sintax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #26
HighwayChile
greetings from Wa state

Oddometer: 4,263
i wanted to get a Rez' seat, way backed up so I went with Rick mayer, build to order, he wants input and pics of you on the bike, had built slightly wider in ass area, flat deck, really well made, well worth the $, shipped on time. 300 mi FS road days no problem. i have a re' seat on my DRZ I really like it.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #27
sunnybandit OP
Adventurer

Goina do the seat concepts due to timing and good reviews. My bike runs really freaking good, has about 8kmi on it and the valves are adjusted? The intake was alittle loose towards the end of my last ride, could that be my gas mileage issue? Curious about how to get 45-50 mpg, that sounds great!!!

Matt

MSE mobile
Old 07-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #28
mookybird
Gramps

Oddometer: 213
I'm a little new to the 650r, my mileage seems to be about 39 mpg so far running 60 to 65

I ran a multiday 5000 mile ride on an xr4 last fall with a stock seat and I was comfortable and I just walked in from 155 miler on the 650r and it felt great as well.

Years ago I bicycle toured enough to know how important wearing the right unders are, I use and really like the troy lee 7705's. During my xr4 ride last fall I had a couple of days that were over 105 and I tried riding without them and within 50 miles I knew if I continued without them I would pay big time in the coming days, somewhat like bad blisters on a multiday walk.

They are also armored, not a lot of armor but way more than none. Now and again I get the tt540 out and ride ovals and have been off a couple of times pretty hard and I think the hip/thigh protection they offer has been useful.
mookybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #29
poppy
Slow and Steady

Oddometer: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
Looking forward to using the seat concepts seat. Feels pretty good so far.

Suede belongs on the elbows of your jacket Sean-0.

poppy screwed with this post 07-13-2013 at 05:36 PM
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #30
Sean-0
Closed

Oddometer: 4,199
And that bike belongs on the dirt ......not your bike stand in the shed
Sean-0 is online now   Reply With Quote