Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #60616
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife View Post
I don`t need it........but the person that put it together wrong kinda does don`t ya think..

B
I don't run think
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #60617
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
.... I ran this tire in Colorado over mostly rock for a week and not a nick on it. It grabs wet rock well too.
I've installed a set of Michelin Desert Race on my XRL. Wow, what a dream ride and the handling is phenomenal. Wear is to be determined. Note the Unicross front lasted much longer than the Karoo rear.
Interesting; I've yet to come back from a first ride with any tire and not have nicks, or gouges, or even missing knobs. Sounds like a very robust tire. Why didn't you put another one on instead of going to the desert race?

The desert race is another costly tire. Probably very similar to the 908 in many ways. I may try one or the other one day, we'll see what opportunity may arise. As far as front/rear goes, it seems to me as if all front tires last me about three times as long as all rears! So far...

I just put a Michelin Anakee 3 rear on my street bike. First time I've tried anything but the Avon Azaro, which rides well, but I had a new one shed the tread while motoring along at 80-ish and Avon just gave me a song and dance routine and never did anything about it. So I'm done with them; the Michelin felt great on the initial ride.
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:42 AM   #60618
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
Interesting; I've yet to come back from a first ride with any tire and not have nicks, or gouges, or even missing knobs. Sounds like a very robust tire. Why didn't you put another one on instead of going to the desert race?

The desert race is another costly tire. Probably very similar to the 908 in many ways. I may try one or the other one day, we'll see what opportunity may arise. As far as front/rear goes, it seems to me as if all front tires last me about three times as long as all rears! So far...

I just put a Michelin Anakee 3 rear on my street bike. First time I've tried anything but the Avon Azaro, which rides well, but I had a new one shed the tread while motoring along at 80-ish and Avon just gave me a song and dance routine and never did anything about it. So I'm done with them; the Michelin felt great on the initial ride.
I haven't used anything but Michelin Pilot Powers for the last several years on the street. Won't buy anything else.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #60619
Fingers
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic579 View Post
FCR-MX Chronicles:
Loaner AFR meter is the only way to jet. Plug chops , I am tempted to purchase this AFR guage and just keep it so its hand. I probably need the slow air screw to cure a lean spot when I drop down to 165 main but have yet to find a way to purchase one as no local shops will deal with SUDCO. I found one place online but will see what my next main jet change tells me.

Lean spot AFR 14.8 to 15.5 is at just cracked throttle and clears at 1/8+ but is worsening as the main size drops, rich on the main now 170 with AFR at 11.4 +- WOT.

Thanks for the feedback on the mirrors going with the Ken Sean.

I got the Adj air screw 2 weeks ago from Power Barn. $12.95 shipped.
Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:19 AM   #60620
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
$10.00 at Cyclegear.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #60621
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
I don't think
Truer words have never been written
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #60622
nic579
x

Oddometer: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
$10.00 at Cyclegear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
$10.00 at Cyclegear.
Ordered from Power Barn already.

Hopefully the slow air-jet is the last I do with to bike as it seems to be quit good now with a 162 main. Don't regret the work to get FCR-MXed as it makes such an impact on drive-ability in my stop and go commutes not to mention the increased wheelie-ability. Now for that lingering RD400 project!
nic579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #60623
rizzo1968
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Any thoughts?

I ride a 2001 Honda xr650l ...Just wondering what you guys think. After riding fuel starts dumping out of the overflow tube... the very bottom one with the screw...it only stops when I turn off my fuel. after a few hours it stops leaking. Thanks Frank
rizzo1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #60624
selkirkswamper
hellbilly

Oddometer: 142
Sutton Oil Cooler installed....

finally got the Sutton Oil Cooler on, from my shakedown ride looks like temps dropped a good 25 degrees...not bad, I'm happy with it, great instructions and a really well put together kit. While I was at it put in 52/155 jets.....

thanks to everyone that answered my questions...
Old 07-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #60625
scootergmc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo1968 View Post
I ride a 2001 Honda xr650l ...Just wondering what you guys think. After riding fuel starts dumping out of the overflow tube... the very bottom one with the screw...it only stops when I turn off my fuel. after a few hours it stops leaking. Thanks Frank
Your needle and seat probably need to be cleaned. I'm guessing there's some goo in there that prevents it from fully cutting the fuel flow once the bowl is full.
scootergmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #60626
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
The screw on the bottom is the float-bowl drain and should be tight.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #60627
rizzo1968
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
ok I made sure that was tight.. I drained out the bowl and now its seems to have stopped leaking..hopefully it stays that way.
rizzo1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #60628
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife View Post
I`ve heard of 2 guys that blamed the reg for not charging,,,,,,,,,but eventually found the ground under the seat was the issue,,just sayin...

B
DING DING. I did this, I replaced the stator and reg rec before relising it was the ground.
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #60629
Wattner
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,123
Quote:
ok I made sure that was tight.. I drained out the bowl and now its seems to have stopped leaking..hopefully it stays that way.
If you've been running ethanol, Seafoam really helps keep the carb from gumming up. I pour a couple of capfulls in all my tanks after a fillip
Wattner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #60630
XR650L_Dave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,703
Quote:

The field trick is to shut off the gas, open the drain, let all the gas out, turn on the gas, flush the needle, then close the drain.

You can also drain the bowl, attach a clear line to the drain, raise it next to the carb, turn on the fuel, and check the level in the bowl. Level of fuel in the hose=level in the bowl.