User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #46
Oldone
One day at a time!

Oddometer: 652
Very unique....

Very entertaining ride report.....the homes on the river? Are they there all of the time with people living in them? Stay safe......

Gary "Oldone"

Grampa’s Lake Superior Ride
Grampa’s National Monument Ride

Oldone screwed with this post 07-14-2013 at 11:23 AM
Oldone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #47
timmie415
n00b poster but not rider

Oddometer: 88
After so many trips that I have felt like I was riding with you on your reports, tipping a beer with you in Vietnam will feel like meeting a best friend for the first time.
timmie415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #48
VietHorse OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldone View Post
Very entertaining ride report.....the homes on the river? Are they there all of the time with people living in them? Stay safe......

Gary "Oldone"

Grampa’s Lake Superior Ride
Grampa’s National Monument Ride
Thanks.
If you visit Vietnam, especially some southern villages, you can easily notice some places called floating villages. And the people live there, on their boats, generation after generations.
10 years back, Govt. provide many support to them, especially schooling for kids, medicals to them, fresh water and so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmie415 View Post
After so many trips that I have felt like I was riding with you on your reports, tipping a beer with you in Vietnam will feel like meeting a best friend for the first time.
Thank you. Any date of your visit? Don't tell me that I gotta fly to Hanoi to see you there.

Link to All about VietNam

VietHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:45 PM   #49
sword181
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Really loved this RR, I think that area is some of the most beautiful country that I have ever seen. I was flying all over that part of the country 47 years ago. I started in the Tuy Hoa area and flew in the mountains from there to Tay Nihn. I lived in Buon Ma Thuot, Ninh Hoa and Na Trang also Phan Rang.

I loved the flying there because it was so green and beautiful, Lots of changes. I would love to visit again but am into my 70's so don't know about motorcycles and the tour companies want to use 5 star hotels and airlines to get around the country. Not my cup of tea I would rather walk and use the little guest houses all over the country. well I can still read your reports and Dream. Thanks for the great work.
sword181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:05 AM   #50
VietHorse OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword181 View Post
Really loved this RR, I think that area is some of the most beautiful country that I have ever seen. I was flying all over that part of the country 47 years ago. I started in the Tuy Hoa area and flew in the mountains from there to Tay Nihn. I lived in Buon Ma Thuot, Ninh Hoa and Na Trang also Phan Rang.

I loved the flying there because it was so green and beautiful, Lots of changes. I would love to visit again but am into my 70's so don't know about motorcycles and the tour companies want to use 5 star hotels and airlines to get around the country. Not my cup of tea I would rather walk and use the little guest houses all over the country. well I can still read your reports and Dream. Thanks for the great work.
Thanks for your nice words.
Hope your dream comes true.

Link to All about VietNam

VietHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:01 AM   #51
koryong
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Nice pictures and I can imagine the rides were exhilarating.

I have lived in Vietnam for a few years and had the understanding that there was a law disallowing the private ownership of bikes above 150 or 175 cc unless you had a "special permit".

Would be good to know how I can rent a nice GS or even a Versys the next time I'm there.
koryong is offline   Reply With Quote