Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #16
PalePhase
Humour Noir

Oddometer: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrapper View Post
Your welcome sunshine, and you don't even know it.

The short version. You changed lanes right into me. You never looked, you never signaled. I hit the brakes and veered away. You only noticed me about five seconds later, when you finally looked in you mirror. Your adv sticker right there on your trunk.

The longer version. Three lanes of highway, heavy traffic. I'm in the far right, BMW RS1200 in the far left, coming up from the rear. I notice first because of the bike, I also notice his head never moves. He's not looking around. Gradually he passes up toward the front. Turn signal comes on, and without a glance he moves right, to the center lane, right up tight behind a slow moving semi trailer. Turn signal turns off. But he keeps moving to the right, across his lane. I already know what's coming, so I'm slowing down. And here he comes, picking up his pace a bit, right on over into the far right lane. Again, without a glance, right into the space my car had been (I knew what he was going to, so I got out of his way. I only veered because picked up his pace, and I was being tailgates by an SUV). Several seconds later, a glance into the mirror! A double take by him. Seems he was surprised to see a car there. Pretty adv sticker on the lower left corner of the trunk bag.

Yea, your in "all the gear". But I'd suggest you not try to use it so hard. Pay attention to your surroundings instead. And don't go making others keep you from splattering yourself.
You must not live in CA or drive a BMW, because if you did I'm pretty sure protocol would require you to sideswipe him.

1995 Honda VF750CD
2002 Honda VFR800

PalePhase screwed with this post 07-11-2013 at 07:39 PM
PalePhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #17
Steve in ATL
How ya like me now?

Oddometer: 979
As others have said - good job having your head on a swivel. I'm glad he didn't hit you, because I have friends who have been in accidents, not at fault, where others were injured, and it still haunts them.

I've been guilty before of not keeping my head moving, and not double-checking before changing. Usually when I'm tired. One of those things that comes with experience, and developed habits, I guess. Luckily I didn't end up someone's hood ornament. I didn't mind the horn I got when I did mine - it was my fault.

Thanks for looking out for a fellow rider even when he wasn't looking out for himself.

"The point of the journey is not to arrive - Anything can Happen!"
Steve in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #18
jalapenopete
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
what's an rs1200?

jalapenopete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:48 PM   #19
N-m
Captain 2 Sexy

Oddometer: 446
I was thinking about this post while riding on Friday afternoon on 4 lane and some twisties. I actually check over my shoulder and then check the mirror even when I move around in my own lane. I also used my signals constantly but have to really watch on the canceling since I don't have self canceling.

A few weeks ago the should check habit saved me while in traffic b/c with the shoulder check I saw a vehicle in my blind spot before moving into the fast lane. The vehicle was nowhere to be found in my mirror.

BTW, I have no ADV sticker. I am not a good enough rider to have one.
N-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #20
gmk999
____ as a Rotax

Oddometer: 628
Did you have motorcycle tires on your cage?