Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #16
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripped1 View Post
I don't mind the curb so much, the lower layer grated crap that they leave makes me nervous...
OTOH, I always wondered why those "Motorcycles Use Caution" signs for grooved and "grated" pavement are needed, I have never had any actual trouble from those pavements. The bike just swims around a little but averages out to the initial course desired.

However for some reason I know not, my road bike (KTM 990 for dirt & paved roads) is unusually sensitive to tar snakes. Some of the asphalt roads here are laced with these and the front wobble is so bad that the first time it happened, I pulled over because I thought I had a flat front tire.
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #17
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 7,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverrid View Post
OTOH, I always wondered why those "Motorcycles Use Caution" signs for grooved and "grated" pavement are needed, I have never had any actual trouble from those pavements. The bike just swims around a little but averages out to the initial course desired.

However for some reason I know not, my road bike (KTM 990 for dirt & paved roads) is unusually sensitive to tar snakes. Some of the asphalt roads here are laced with these and the front wobble is so bad that the first time it happened, I pulled over because I thought I had a flat front tire.
Maybe they are better at sweeping where you are than the great Philly Meto area, its not the grooves that scare me, its all of the shit IN the grooves. I'd much rather deal with tarsnakes. Around here its basically like hitting lightly graveled hardpack at 70mph.

Not fun when you tend to run tires with only enough tread to move the water out of the way a little.
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #18
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverrid View Post

Try different tires, pressures, and shock sag settings.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote