User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 04:30 AM   #1
KingOfFleece OP
SplitWeight(tm)

Oddometer: 765
25K report on seat cover with a twist

Just wanted to check in here. I now have approx 25K miles on my KingOfFleece seat cover. The cover goes over my leather Russell Day long.

I leave it on full time, year round, and it looks pretty much the same as when I pulled it out of the package.

I was devastated last week while on my ride to James Bay Quebec. It's 237 miles between gas stations, so I had a 1 gallon can with me to top up the tank along the way.

Foolish me decided to refill the tank at the stop with it still on the seat. I filled it up to the very top, forgetting that the spout has to go back into the tank. I slammed the spout back in and about 6oz of gas came spewing out onto my King Of Fleece cover.

Fortunately, most rolled right off. The rest went into the outer fabric a little. I was sure it would eat away the cover and get to the seat. I stopped and pulled it back at the next stop 150 miles later, and it was completely dry under there. Other than a very slight discoloration (darker), you would never even know it happened.

Thanks for a fantastic product.
KingOfFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:33 AM   #2
KingOfFleece OP
SplitWeight(tm)

So, this is a report I had in my in-box this morning. I think the report speaks for itself.
If you need to protect an expensive custom seat, a sheepskin, airhawk, or anything similar, King of Fleece LLC has the solution.

THX Jim
Old 07-02-2013, 07:16 AM   #3
KingOfFleece OP
SplitWeight(tm)

For those who are new to the product: It's NOT a "shower cap", baggie style cover, or simple coated nylon.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers are made thru a unique process that bonds a medium texture lycra top to a stretchable waterproof membrane on the bottom. This process is only possible in one mill worldwide.

Splitweight(tm) covers fit better, look better, and preform better that any coated nylon cover available. A rider can install the cover if the weather looks at all "iffy" and leave it on. Use as needed or leave it on all the time.

I see seats with price tags well north of $600.00 in my shop quite often. A few belong to folks who have had them beat up by the elements over time but most are riders who have seen what the sun and rain do to the seat and want to prevent it.

KoF

www.kingoffleece.com
Old 07-09-2013, 03:03 AM   #4
KingOfFleece OP
SplitWeight(tm)

There is also a 75K report from a rider on my site as well as a 20K report from a rider using Alaska Leather sheepskin butt-pads. BTW-I use the Alaska Leather product. Bloody good, it is.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #5
Alleycatdad
Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer: 1,428
http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21837557&postcount=24

SA
Bad decisions make good stories.
Alleycatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #6
KingOfFleece OP
SplitWeight(tm)

Thanks for the report. Gotta say I never considered the cut-out in the Saddleman seat before. Guess I better get with the program!
Needless to say, these type of reports are what I get every day in my e-mail. TONS of riders with sheepskin mention how nice it is to not have a wet seat while out on extended rides. Others mention that their expensive Rick Mayer seats are fine after 75K of all weather riding.

So, if you need to protect your seat surface and/or butt-pad of any type SplitWeight(tm) covers fit the bill.

Almost 1000 sold over the last few years and no one return. Ever. As I mention often, I got fed up with waterproof stuff that isn't and needed a fix for my issue. It worked so well I started to offer it and KoF was started.

New fitments being added all the time. If you don't see what you need let me know via e-mail and I'll work on it for you.

Rated 5 STARS June 2012 Motorcycle Consumer News.
www.kingoffleece.com

THX
Jim