Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 07:32 AM   #31
ktownbobski
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim-atl View Post
I don't think the seat is more than an inch difference.

I ordered the 18" light grey Madstad, it is in UPS's hands and should arrive this Tuesday.
Since you are 5'7" with a 1" high seat, and I'm 5'9" with a ~1" low seat, that would make us just about equal relative to the height of the windscreen. Looking forward to hearing how the 18" works for your height. Cheers :)
Old 07-17-2013, 03:24 AM   #32
tim-atl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Installed my 18" madstad last night late. Installation was easy and I eyeballed it at chin height and 60 degree's. Rode in to work this morning (which btw will guarantee afternoon showers), I have a 32 mile commute that is 90% interstate. It was a completely different ride. Much quieter and no wind on my helmet except for the very top. I could hear the motor like never before and I could even open my face shield at 75mph. I quickly got scared a gust of wind would rip off my head and closed it but you get my point.
tim-atl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #33
ktownbobski
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim-atl View Post
Installed my 18" madstad last night late. Installation was easy and I eyeballed it at chin height and 60 degree's. Rode in to work this morning (which btw will guarantee afternoon showers), I have a 32 mile commute that is 90% interstate. It was a completely different ride. Much quieter and no wind on my helmet except for the very top. I could hear the motor like never before and I could even open my face shield at 75mph. I quickly got scared a gust of wind would rip off my head and closed it but you get my point.
Good stuff, enjoy your newly smooth and quiet ride :) . . thanks for the update Tim!
Old 11-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #34
ktownbobski
Gnarly Adventurer

After a full riding season on my 700GS, and much gnashing of teeth and reading everyone's reviews/comments in here, I decided to give myself a Givi Airflow for Christmas :) . . . now I just have to wait for next riding season to add my 'review'. For me it ended up between the Madstad and Airflow because I wanted a screen that took advantage of the laminar effect and they both seemed to have consistently good user reviews. Screen appears to be very high quality build. Sourced from Redline Cycle in Kelowna (where I live), Ryan (owner) had it here in 3 days, just over $200.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #35
MYCL
n00b

Oddometer: 4
20" Cee Bailey's touring windscreen with OE hand guards

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbeaudin View Post
I have a new 22" tall winshield from Cee Bailey's on my F700GS. I am 6' tall but only a 29" inseam so the 22" was best for me becasue I sit tall on the saddle. This is so much nicer when I am on the highways or any road going over 45MPH. I can easily see over it and look down the raod while sitting. And when I stand I can see the dirt in front of the front tire without looking through the windshield. If I was into some serious off roading, I would then take the 10 minutes to switch to the "Sport" shield.

Cee Baileys came up with a brand new "knee" brace to support this tall windshield. After all 6 scres are in place everything feels very secure. I am going to mount my GPS on the "knee" brace. where it will sit above my speedometer.

Very nice
Purchased a 20" Cee Bailey's touring windscreen for a customer with a new 2013 F700GS, standard chassis.

Good looking screen, well engineered support bracket, and easy installation. Customer who is 5'6" without his Shoei Qwest helmet noted improved wind management over OEM screen (short), but Cee Bailey's screen did not eliminate helmet buffeting at high speeds (+50mph). Most importantly screen width did not accommodate the OEM hand guards. Handlebar could not be turn to the extreme right or left, negating the steering lock (handlebar turned left). When contacted Cee Bailey's stated that trimming the windscreen would compromise its integrity. They were gracious about a return with full refund.

MYCL screwed with this post 11-28-2013 at 11:19 AM Reason: Error in initial post
MYCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #36
ultane
sqeezin the bag

Oddometer: 1,070
High Windshield for F700GS

I tried the large BMW windshield for the F800GS on my new F700GS, with the required BMW metal bracket. It just wasn't quite tall enough for my SO (5'3"). I recently ordered the large Touratech windshield. It's much nicer for her, though not quite tall enough for extended travel on the interstate for me if I'm on the bike.

If a man speaks, and there is no woman present to hear him,..
Is he still wrong?

ultane screwed with this post 11-30-2013 at 10:27 AM
ultane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:09 AM   #37
Capt CF
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYCL View Post
Purchased a 20" Cee Bailey's touring windscreen for a customer with a new 2013 F700GS, standard chassis.

Good looking screen, well engineered support bracket, and easy installation. Customer who is 5'6" without his Shoei Qwest helmet noted improved wind management over OEM screen (short), but Cee Bailey's screen did not eliminate helmet buffeting at high speeds (+50mph). Most importantly screen width did not accommodate the OEM hand guards. Handlebar could not be turn to the extreme right or left, negating the steering lock (handlebar turned left). When contacted Cee Bailey's stated that trimming the windscreen would compromise its integrity. They were gracious about a return with full refund.
Thanks for the info. I went with the Givi Airflow and it seems ok to me, but a lot of people are complaining about buffeting at highway speeds. I almost went with the Cee Bailey's, but am glad I didn't since I'd rather have some buffeting and proper bar/barkbuster clearance with my Givi than buffeting and the inability to lock the bars without hitting the screen with the CB screen.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:15 PM   #38
Morro
like a ship in the night

Oddometer: 228
I was told about this one during the week. One was fitted by the local dealer, I have not seen it yet but it looks OK. No special brackets or drilling required.
http://www.puigusa.com/tuning-bikes/.../f1-r19-m3389/
Morro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #39
ktownbobski
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morro View Post
I was told about this one during the week. One was fitted by the local dealer, I have not seen it yet but it looks OK. No special brackets or drilling required.
http://www.puigusa.com/tuning-bikes/.../f1-r19-m3389/
I had a Puig touring screen on my FZ6R and really liked it. Haven't seen any reviews for this one for the 700GS yet though.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #40
ZTechnik
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Here's our F700GS VStream prototype windshield. Just wanted to give you a sneak peek of what we're working on for the 700GS.

The most important innovation in this shield is seen in the second picture. The additional polycarbonate pieces that attach to the tank is going to lead to a MASSIVE reduction of wind updraft coming from the front end of the bike. This is going to be a very calm highway ride!
ZTechnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #41
SombraPiloto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYCL View Post

I just cut about a 2"-3" semicircle off each side of my Cee Bailey sport screen to accommodate the barkbusters I have on my 700 so if you happen to hear about an Atlanta-area rider being decapitated by a broken windscreen you'll know who it was.
SombraPiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:07 AM   #42
moe.ron
Poor Dumb Bastard

Oddometer: 2,359
Just an FYI...

ZTechnik Vstream windshields will not work on F700GS if you are using hand guards, bummer.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #43
GeeK_InsiDe
Moore Gas!!!

Oddometer: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTechnik View Post
Here's our F700GS VStream prototype windshield. Just wanted to give you a sneak peek of what we're working on for the 700GS.

http://imageshack.us/a/img843/2003/tzyf.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img28/1083/t9sp.jpg

The most important innovation in this shield is seen in the second picture. The additional polycarbonate pieces that attach to the tank is going to lead to a MASSIVE reduction of wind updraft coming from the front end of the bike. This is going to be a very calm highway ride!
Looks like similar to the Wunderlich Ergo Screen Iron Man I have but without the aluminium bracket. There should be a lot of vibrations in the upper part of your screen, I have some with mine that has the bracket so I don't want to imagine without

And how do you deal with tankbags? Straps often go right where you have the two bolts for your deflector. I can already see that I couldn't put my TT tankbag with your setup...

P.S: No problem with the BMW handguards with the Wunderlich ;)
GeeK_InsiDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:28 PM   #44
1190RofDoom
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Madstad just made a custom 14" windscreen for my 5'2" wife on her new 700gs. She LOVES it.
1190RofDoom is offline   Reply With Quote