Oddometer: 222
Short film of albanian "trafic"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LytM...ature=youtu.be
JohnnyTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #93
engineman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 220
Great report, thanks for sharing. You've added a bunch of places to the list of places I want to go
engineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #94
dragonseeker
dragonseeker

Oddometer: 12
Enjoyed reading this

Very much enjoying reading this report. Making notes for a similar trip on part of this route next summer. Keep it coming!
dragonseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #95
Eagletalon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 367
Great report man! Was that a secret submarine base the one that would go inside the mountain ? I believe I seeing something like that on the history channel

Later
John
Eagletalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #96
matapo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
We passed through Albania in a recent travel and we hitted that bunker on that bridge!!!
Nice report. Thanks for sharing.
matapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:47 PM   #97
panzerrocket
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 346
I'm still following as well Johnny
Excellent report, keep it up.

Thanks
panzerrocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #98
kave
Gravel rules

Oddometer: 466
Great report. I start longing for motorbike travels again :)
kave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:02 AM   #99
Blader54
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyTh View Post
Pedestrians can be SUCH a problem!!!
Blader54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #100
JohnnyTh OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I dont know much aout that naval base exept that i think it used to be for submarines, clearly today its the Albanian Navy using it.

Albainia was by far the contry on my route that i knew least about. And also the contry i was most worried about. And when packing i was thinking< vill my 9mm fit anywhere to i have it in Albania. But i must say i was wrong. Today its one of the places i want to go back to. i want to explore the rest of the contry.

Albania have evrything going for it. Beautifull nature, senic towns, perfect beaches and friendly people.. evrything else is shit. There is no orginasation, no money, and trash all over.
Albania should be full of tourists leaving there money there. I hope they are able to change a few things so things get more organized.
I guess its a money thing in the end.

At the moment i cant acess my pictures on photobucket so next report will come when im able to get the links to photobucket again.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #101
pip_muenster
curious

Oddometer: 410
Quote:
Today its one of the places i want to go back to. i want to explore the rest of the contry.
Same for me. Might be there this summer.

I don't know why, but somehow I always missed road signs in Albania. Usually there will be signs for the next villages or the bigger cities, but in Albania I had to completely rely on my GPS (didn't bring a map).
Old 07-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #102
L.B.S.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,158
I am sad that I somehow missed this RR from the beginning

Awesome job, JohnnyTH!

Incredibly fun to read and learn along with you. You could fool me that you aren't a many year veteran with such Ride Reports!

Thank you for sharing this
L.B.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:32 AM   #103
JohnnyTh OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip_muenster View Post
Same for me. Might be there this summer.

I don't know why, but somehow I always missed road signs in Albania. Usually there will be signs for the next villages or the bigger cities, but in Albania I had to completely rely on my GPS (didn't bring a map).
I never found any roadsigns that was usefull, in Albania. They sure could need a few more!
Old 07-23-2013, 04:22 AM   #104
dragos
Belzebut

Oddometer: 376
Quote:
At this time i was getting hungry as i had still not yet eaten breakfast. So i bought me something that was freshly backed over a fire. The name escapes me but maybe Alex can fill in what it was if he sees the picture.

It tasted wonderful.
That's a Kürtőskalács (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BC...91skal%C3%A1cs).

Nice ride,

Dragos
dragos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #105
JohnnyTh OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Crossing into Montenegro was quick because we where guided into the pedestrian crossing and could bypass the long line of cars.

Again the new country was a little different. Small things was different and there was also a feeling that Montenegro had more money. And clearly we where moving closer to Western Europe the traffic was more civilized and predictable.

Still there was a few surprises.

Me and my two new friends continued toward the target of today, a tiny town in the middle of a national park. We headed for the coast and after a little while we reached the costal town of Bar.

Here i saw a old fortress on a hill overlooking the town but we headed north along the coast for a while then turned east and inland. We entered the National Park Skadarsko Jezero. And what a beautiful place.

We followed a narrow winding road for a couple of hours and any where i looked it was beautiful.

We stopped at a floating restaurant for a drink, but sadly they where not open. But it was a great spot for a photo shoot.

Taxi boat.

My trusty GTR

Sinisa.

The old man.

Late afternoon we reached Rijeka Cronojeviza a tiny town north west in the national park and our goal for the day.

Here I got full use for my two new friends, as we where now in a country that shared there language. And i must say it was a relief. Sinisa found us a 3 bed room that a old lady rented out to visitors.

This town had no hotel but she had three rooms and it was perfect for us. And at 30 euro it was even better. I could even use her washer and i got my laundry done. I left her a few euros on the washing machine. I hope she found them and that it was enough.
We sat down at the local restaurant beside the river and had a drink while waiting for the rest of the guys and girl.

The old bridge in town.

Restaurant

After a couple of hours the others turned up and we all had dinner. This would be our last night together, Next day the Swiss part of the group would take the shortest route home and i would keep going along the coast with Sinisa and Zdenko until we reached the historic city of Dubrovnik. We stayed at the restaurant for a few hours and it was late before we all went to our rooms.

I took a few pictures on my way to our room. It was so beautifull

I put my clothes on a string outside the bedroom to dry. Did the same with my tent to dry it.

Of curse it started to rain in the middle of the night and i had to rush out and get my laundry and tent.