Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #3136
Dagofast
Full giggety ahead.

Oddometer: 1,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
.....and to the surprise of no one JLo might be back for Laguna Seca. Even though I hope DP can win the championship I hope JL races this weekend for the sake of a close championship battle.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/l...hsenring+crash

OK Mike............
Wilco Zeelenberg must be one persuasive SOB.
Dagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #3137
misanthropic
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 509
Probably coming from above his pay grade.
misanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #3138
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,090
I do hope JL will return only after his doctors agree, that he is genuinely healed enough to race again.
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #3139
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,162
He was healed enough to race again at Sachsenring. Just had bad luck. Neither Dani nor Ianonne were carrying injuries and they both got knocked out of the race, too.

Cal raced with no skin on his arms.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #3140
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post

Cal raced with no skin on his arms.
Skin is over rated anyway.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #3141
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

Oddometer: 2,649
I loved the Brit announcers, he lost a little Bark
dontlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #3142
mdubya
Right Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Skin is over rated anyway.
Honey Badger doesn't give a shit.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #3143
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,113
Quote:
He was healed enough to race again at Sachsenring. Just had bad luck. Neither Dani nor Ianonne were carrying injuries and they both got knocked out of the race, too.
The sport awards points (and championships!) to those who can successfully negotiate the fine line between bravery, skill and folly. But there is still such a thing as pushing your luck and even huevos the size of Lorenzo's can't overcome physical weaknesses on hormones alone.

Cal will have some impressive scars but he'll still be able to throw ball with his kids in 15 years. I wonder how long it takes Miguel Duhamel to get up in the morning.

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #3144
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkiwi View Post
The sport awards points (and championships!) to those who can successfully negotiate the fine line between bravery, skill and folly. But there is still such a thing as pushing your luck and even huevos the size of Lorenzo's can't overcome physical weaknesses on hormones alone.

Cal will have some impressive scars but he'll still be able to throw ball with his kids in 15 years. I wonder how long it takes Miguel Duhamel to get up in the morning.
Or Mick doohan. Im sure a morning jog for him is never fun.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #3145
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 9,946
Quote:

Yeah, Miggie...

He was a bit too brave yet such a crafty racer at the same time. Despite his overpowering desire, he still had a remarkably long career. No wonder he was such a fan favorite. He was like Superman on crutches. My only complaint was when he did that 'start-and park' Motogp at Laguna. He didn't want to ride that thing. Give it to a fearless youngster coming up. But hey, he was at the end of his line and it was an honor to be asked. He had to do it I guess.

I wonder how he's faring with his body these days. Hopefully, not too badly, but I always wondered if one leg ended up being shorter than the other after that last big broken leg. Jeepers, that was something to see him ride with. I'd say it was up there with anybody trying to come back from a debilitating injury. Amazing.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:02 PM   #3146
mdubya
Right Brigade

Quote:
Assen was pushing his luck. He got lucky. Sachsenring was business as usual. He had no reason to not race. If he had a healthy collar bone, he would have broken it in the new crash.

Quote:
I wonder how long it takes Miguel Duhamel to get up in the morning.
I have read some Facebook posts where he played 45 holes of golf one day then rode his bicycle 50+ miles the next. And he doesn't seem to be punching a time card anywhere.

Motorcycle racing is a burly and sometimes brutal sport. If you are concerned about walking with a limp when you get older, it probably isn't the right sport.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:02 PM   #3147
HoneyBunz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,201
Can someone explain to me how having a single tire supplier at Sachsenring saved money?
Certified "Safe For Transmission" - NSA Inspector #47
HoneyBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:49 PM   #3148
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBunz View Post
Can someone explain to me how having a single tire supplier at Sachsenring saved money?
Single tire supplier rule isn't about saving money. Its about everyone having access to the same tires; which creates a different set of problems.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #3149
HoneyBunz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
Single tire supplier rule isn't about saving money. Its about everyone having access to the same tires; which creates a different set of problems.
According to Bridgestone the single tire supplier rule offered three advantages, lower cost, improved safety and fairness.
If we factor in the cost of motorcycle carnage, rider injuries and lost championships, only one of those "advantages" remain. Everyone has to use the same tire, unless of course they are in the hospital.

Whatever benefits Dorna thought a single tire supplier would bring to MotoGP, needs to be compared to real and comprehensive data.

Bridgestone has provided tires for these tracks and weather conditions for years. They should know what they are doing by now. Are they trying to save money by minimizing the number of tire variations and making compromises?
Certified "Safe For Transmission" - NSA Inspector #47
HoneyBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:21 AM   #3150
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,090
Quote:
He was healed enough to race again at Sachsenring. Just had bad luck.
quote from speedtv.com:

"
The same surgeon, Dr. Joaquin Rodriguez, who used eight screws to fit Lorenzo’s broken left collarbone with a titanium plate last Friday morning, used ten screws this Saturday morning, again at the Hospital General de Catalunya in san Cugat del Vallés, and, in an interview in Spain’s Tele5,
gave the rider the same advice: "He needs repose for four weeks in order for the bone to set"
He added, "I am pleased that Jorge has made the decision not to race next weekend."
"

The advice for JL for Sachsenring looks to have been the same as above. But that surgeon probably has no clue of anything, he just performed the two operations.
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote