Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #361
scottmac
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,487

A hard hit to those crash bars will transfer straight to the engine case.
scottmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #362
sbn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post
Well for BMW the OEM aluminium bashplate is a "real bashplate", otherwise you've to keep the plastic one... I agree with you that it doesn't look like it could take much. It sure is fine for sand but not for rocks...

But I have to say other than the tank I like the foglights. Well integrated... but I don't think that the windshield alone would be sufficient. Seems like it would generate more buffing than before.
In some of the BMW launch pictures of the bike it is outfittet with a bigger alu bashplate. Looks like the same as BMW offers for the standard 800gs.

Ok just checked out bmw-motorrad.de. Its 3mm alu and weighs 1.6kg this bashplate.

And on TTs german page it looks like the only parts for this bike are parts that fit directly from the 800gs....... For now.

sbn screwed with this post 07-12-2013 at 01:01 PM
sbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #363
moulin6801
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Question Does the GSA rides any differente than GS??

Hey guys, I was wondering, from who have ridden both bikes, how different is the ride on this bikes, if any? Can you really tell the difference while riding on the suspension modes?? I am sure the windshield on GSA is the biggest difference when riding... anything else???
Thanks !!!
moulin6801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #364
Kamala
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanookWolf View Post
Just curious if you're finding the short seat to make a big difference? I am similar inseam and thinking the short set will better for in town riding. Looks like there is a 1.2 inch difference which doesn't sound like a lot but perhaps it is? Cheers!
The dealer gave me the stock seat too. Just for laughs I put it on and it would be dangerous for me to ride with the tall seat on. Being able to just get a "Toe" down on a stop or dab situation would be folly on a bike this size and weight.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #365
Dubl-A
MADE IN BURQUE

Oddometer: 1,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbn View Post
How long will it be before one of the big companies makes a tank crashbar like the one on the 1200 gsa?? Will TT be first?

Went to a BMW dealer yesterday... Im totally in love with this bike... for reference Im 6' and 207 pounds (184cm 94kg)

You look photoshopped
Old 07-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #366
sbn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubl-A View Post
You look photoshopped
Excuse my poor english but what does that mean???
sbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #367
Dubl-A
MADE IN BURQUE

Oddometer: 1,443
Quote:
Excuse my poor english but what does that mean???
To me, your body especially your head doesn't match the photo, which in most cases is doctored/ photoshopped. I'm pretty sure you were sitting on this fine machine and was just teasing
Old 07-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #368
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 692
[QUOTE=G-Mac;21847767]
Quote:
How long will it be before one of the big companies makes a tank crashbar like the one on the 1200 gsa?? Will TT be first?
Agreed why would you not produce a GSA 800 with the same type of protection you give the 1200 GSA. And how about a real bashplate. These would been two things I would have put on it. The rest other than the bigger gas can is just fluff.
the aluminum one is a real bash plate, took a pounding on my f650 twin, it dented a little but would of been expensive if i didn't have it on..
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #369
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by moulin6801 View Post
Hey guys, I was wondering, from who have ridden both bikes, how different is the ride on this bikes, if any? Can you really tell the difference while riding on the suspension modes?? I am sure the windshield on GSA is the biggest difference when riding... anything else???
Thanks !!!
I rode the f800 gs with ESA and I can tell you, you can feel a difference in switching through corners on twisties.. it doesn't bob like it does in comfort..

As far as the windshield, ill let someone else answer that on experience..
But from what I've read, it does the job and leaves your helmet in a buffer free zone..
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #370
NanookWolf
MeAndMyCamel

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamala View Post
The dealer gave me the stock seat too. Just for laughs I put it on and it would be dangerous for me to ride with the tall seat on. Being able to just get a "Toe" down on a stop or dab situation would be folly on a bike this size and weight.
Thanks for the reply and info! I've been getting used to the stock seat but have had a few very close calls and embarrassing moments where I am about to fall over but manage to catch myself by jumping to one side or the other, hahaha. Anyway, I finally ordered the lower seat and it sounds like I will be very happy with it! Thanks again!
NanookWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #371
Icy Roads
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Has anyone calculated the real world fuel range?

I'd like to know if anyone has the new adventure with actual real world kilometers on it (broken in) and how far they are averaging on a tank of fuel? My 2009 averages about 290-310 kilometers of highway riding before the warning light comes on For my kind of riding I'd love another 8 liters of fuel capacity without strapping on a gas can or bolting on a farkle.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #372
ADVCanuck
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanookWolf View Post
Thanks for the reply and info! I've been getting used to the stock seat but have had a few very close calls and embarrassing moments where I am about to fall over but manage to catch myself by jumping to one side or the other, hahaha. Anyway, I finally ordered the lower seat and it sounds like I will be very happy with it! Thanks again!
Strange - my dealer swapped in a low seat as a n/c change when I bought my 2013 GS...

"Wherever you go, there you are" - Jon Kabat-Zinn
ADVCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #373
MrMorgan
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Still no report on the windshield?

I thought someone would be able to give a real world report on the screen. I'm about to purchase a tall screen and would love to know if the bmw one is a viable option, as I may be able to get it sooner than an aftermarket one. All the reports I have read about their previous touring screen was that it was terrible.
MrMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #374
Jhawkins
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Read my posts in this thread and my other one. I'm not impressed by the stock GSA screen. Lots of buffeting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Jhawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #375
MustMoto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawkins View Post
Read my posts in this thread and my other one. I'm not impressed by the stock GSA screen. Lots of buffeting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I've had the exact opposite experience with the 800GSA shield. Best wind protection I've experienced from a stocker. I'm 5' 10" and wore an off-road helmet during my time on it.
MustMoto is offline   Reply With Quote