Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #316
ProBassFromPA
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
Guys,,, I just want to throw in my 2 cents here. Been noticing that there are quite a few N00bs posting that they found this thread after searching for ways to get bikes titled. That means there are other people also looking for this stuff. I can say with first hand knowledge that there are people from the DMV's and law enforcement looking for these threads. The "loop hole" through VT is perfectly legal and I have no issue with that but posting things like "I made my friend the seller" is highly illegal. This thread is all about doing it legally, please think about what you are sending before hitting the submit button.
I just edited my post. I saw reference to the friend thing in an earlier post in the thread and didn't think anything of it but you are right, it shouldn't be here. Thanks!
ProBassFromPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #317
WECSOG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 354
Yeah, the correct wording would be: "I sold it to my friend, then bought it back from him."
WECSOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #318
ProBassFromPA
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProBassFromPA View Post
Hello all!

I found this forum like many others have by searching for a reasonably priced way to get a title for one of my old bikes.

I have a 1975 Harley SX175 that I bought on eBay over 10 years ago and just never got around to making the paperwork right so I can ride it on the street.

I read all 21 pages of this thread so I would have a good understanding of what needed to be done. I started with the bill of sale form from Vt DMV's website. Next I filled out the registration form and valued the bike at $700 for a total of $86 ($44 for reg and $42 for the tax).

I sent the 2 forms and the check out last Weds night (06-12) so it started it's USPS journey first thing Thurs morning.

I can hardly wait to get this thing on the street! She's a 5 speed and in all the time I've had it I've never rode it in a place where I could get it out of second!

Starting yesterday afternoon I have been constantly checking my bank account online to see if they cashed the check. Not yet. I'll keep you all posted.

Thank you for the great information!

Scott D
Yahoooo!!! Vermont DMV cashed the check today!!! Seven business days from the time it was mailed (from Bethlehem PA) until they cashed it.

Hopefully I'll have my beautiful green license plate by Tuesday or Wednesday!

I'll keep you all posted and I will upload a picture of the plate on the bike as soon as it gets here and I attach it!

Thank you all so much!!

ProBassFromPA screwed with this post 06-22-2013 at 07:09 PM
Old 06-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #319
TSACaptain
n00b

not only did they cash the check today, but i got the plate in the mail....im a happy camper

TSACaptain screwed with this post 06-27-2013 at 11:48 PM
TSACaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:56 AM   #320
WECSOG
Gnarly Adventurer

Got mine!

My tag came today!
It was quick too; only a week and a half after I mailed the check.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #321
ProBassFromPA
n00b

Quote:
Yahoooo!!! Vermont DMV cashed the check today!!! Seven business days from the time it was mailed (from Bethlehem PA) until they cashed it.

Hopefully I'll have my beautiful green license plate by Tuesday or Wednesday!

I'll keep you all posted and I will upload a picture of the plate on the bike as soon as it gets here and I attach it!

Thank you all so much!!
The plate came 2 days later on 06-24-13!

Had her on the road for maybe 5 minutes and the clutch cable broke! Ordered a cable from Moto Italia and it arrived that Saturday 06-29.

Got in a much longer ride with the new clutch cable including getting her up to highway speed which was very different feeling than the big twin shovelhead I'm used to!

Got close to home and she started to die on me. I thought I was low on gas and switched to reserve and that seemed to be it. Went and filled the tank and rode a little more and she started to die again.

I'll start simple with the filters on either end of the fuel line. On my way to get some Berryman B-12 Chemtool at the auto parts store.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #322
WECSOG
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WECSOG View Post
My tag came today!
It was quick too; only a week and a half after I mailed the check.
Got my decal and receipt today. I am GTG!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #323
floyd76
n00b

Oddometer: 5
i got my tag and registration in the mail. i went to dnv to day
to transfer it to arkansas. dmv lady told me the cc was over 300
and the place on the registration it says title it says issued.
has anyone have this problem
floyd76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:03 AM   #324
cool_sam
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Cool2 Where did you send the paperwork?

Quote:
The plate came 2 days later on 06-24-13!

Had her on the road for maybe 5 minutes and the clutch cable broke! Ordered a cable from Moto Italia and it arrived that Saturday 06-29.

Got in a much longer ride with the new clutch cable including getting her up to highway speed which was very different feeling than the big twin shovelhead I'm used to!

Got close to home and she started to die on me. I thought I was low on gas and switched to reserve and that seemed to be it. Went and filled the tank and rode a little more and she started to die again.

I'll start simple with the filters on either end of the fuel line. On my way to get some Berryman B-12 Chemtool at the auto parts store.

Hi,

I have a scooter which I bought it at an auction but I lost my paperwork which came with it.

Where do I need to send the VT paperwork to? Which DMV as there are several listed on the website?

Please let me know ASAP! Thank you soo much!
cool_sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #325
TSACaptain
n00b

http://dmv.vermont.gov/help#VehicleRegistration
TSACaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #326
WECSOG
Gnarly Adventurer

120 State St Montpelier, VT 05603
Old 07-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #327
headhunter14
n00b

Oddometer: 2
one question, has anyone tried this in texas? The dmv here are rediculous and they will question anything that looks out of line. The scooter i have is less than 300ccs, no issues were found with the vin it just has a missing title. I filled out all the proper paper work to send to VT according to this thread. Im just wondering what they would say when i bring in VT tags and plate but when they check the last owner of the VIN it will say the previous owner was located in a city in texas.
headhunter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #328
EvoLife
Evolving.....Slowly

Oddometer: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter14 View Post
when they check the last owner of the VIN it will say the previous owner was located in a city in texas.
It will say the last owner was you, with your Texas address, and a Vermont registration. I assume you can still prove you are the legal owner? You have to provide something to VT showing you purchased the vehicle legally and it's not stolen. Once you have a VT registration, Texas DMV will issue you a title against it.

"Today I'm younger than I'm ever going to be, and I intend to act like it"
EvoLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #329
headhunter14
n00b

Oddometer: 2
no the bike isn't stolen but the previous ownwer lost the title. I got a bill o sale and sent it all to VT. im just wondering if the dmv does a vin search the search will say registered in 2011 in texas, which is what car fax says, then registered in vt under my name, then try to get a tx registration a few months down the line. Do you think it may raise some eye brows? especially if I don't have a title?
headhunter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #330
EvoLife
Evolving.....Slowly

Oddometer: 885
You sent the supporting documentation to VT proving that you are the legal owner of the vehicle (and you must be! You can't do this to get a title for a stolen vehicle).
VT allows out of state residents to register a vehicle in VT.
Your vehicle is not issued a title in VT because of their requirements of age or displacement.
VT issues you a transferable registration for the vehicle in place of a title and mails it to you in TX where the vehicle is and you reside (perfectly normal in their eyes and not an oversight).
Because the vehicle has a VT transferable registration which acts as proof of ownership for your vehicle according to VT law due to the age and/or displacement, TX will and must accept it and issue an equal proof of ownership. In TX that may be a title. TX can't tell you legal proof of ownership issued by the state of VT does not constitute legal proof of ownership in TX.

Conversely, If you move to VT and hand them a TX title for your scoot, they will not issue you a VT title; they'll give you a transferable registration, because titles don't get issued for your scoot in VT because of the age and/or displacement.

It's weird, tricky, and doesn't make sense, just like every state's DMV or MVC.

"Today I'm younger than I'm ever going to be, and I intend to act like it"
EvoLife is offline   Reply With Quote