Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #436
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer: 1,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgoFar View Post
The other doesn't mind the elements, He doesn't mind hiking around the track checking out different sections. He doesn't mind being tired and dirty at the end of the day. The motocross fan is probably more likely to drive for hours to attend an event. He is the core of the sport! But, I could be wrong.
Very Well said

You are Correct

Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #437
bxr140
Flame Bait

Oddometer: 1,041
Quote:
I think supercross and motocross have two different fan bases. One wants a comfy armchair were all of the action is upclose with 100% visibility and drinks and popcorn just a few short steps away. The other doesn't mind the elements, He doesn't mind hiking around the track checking out different sections. He doesn't mind being tired and dirty at the end of the day. The motocross fan is probably more likely to drive for hours to attend an event. He is the core of the sport!
Wow. Buzzkill.
bxr140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #438
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
My son's buddy borrowed his Go Pro @ Red Bud.Hes 18,a recent H.S grad.He finished 4th overall in "Open A"He's the only one constantly hitting LoRoccos.His name is R.J Schroyer.Remember it.My son Austin hasnt uploaded his run yet.They ran an abbreviated pro track.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #439
nachtflug OP
infidel

Oddometer: 46,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
My son's buddy borrowed his Go Pro @ Red Bud.Hes 18,a recent H.S grad.He finished 4th overall in "Open A"He's the only one constantly hitting LoRoccos.His name is R.J Schroyer.Remember it.My son Austin hasnt uploaded his run yet.They ran an abbreviated pro track.

these are always soooo freaking cool. I'm embarassed to say I couldn't tell %100, was that a 2 stroke that passed him? whatever it was those boys are cutting the grass!!
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #440
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post

Is he a local boy? The races are more fun when you have a connection to a rider.

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #441
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
He's a good friend.His family has raced around here since the 60's.I watched him start at my club races when he could barely walk.He's one of the fastest kids in our area,(N.W.-Ohio,S.E.Mich)His dad raced in the 70's,very fast and still does well in dirt late models.He's not a product of a"MX" program,which I mean as a home schooled,been taken all over the country,etc deal.His dad will take the riding privileges away if grades,etc aren't fulfilled.I believe he will qualify for a national,probably Red Bud,in the next couple years,barring any unforeseen circumstances.It was a last min. deal for him at Red Bud,since his dad wouldn't give him money to race.My son had an extra helmet mount for his Go pro and gave it to him.A couple of other local products did well too,Broc Peterson made the 450 pro main,and Jeff Walker won the 250"B" race on Fri.My son,as I reported,got off to a great start in his qualifier,but a broken reed ended his day prematurely.I will post that video when he gets off his butt and loads it on You Tube.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #442
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,587
I'm going to Washougal!?! Been to many SXs, but never outdoors.

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #443
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
I'm going to Washougal!?! Been to many SXs, but never outdoors.
You're in for a good time, Washougal is a great track. Hangtown is my local Notional, but Washougal is the WAY better track IMO.

Brent

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #444
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
You're in for a good time, Washougal is a great track. Hangtown is my local Notional, but Washougal is the WAY better track IMO.
I'm sure I am. I have actually ridden the track before, but now I'll see how it is really done. I got to find out what that little strap on the left corner of an MX number plate is for while going down the big hill. I had broken the plate on my WR500 and replaced it with a dirt track plate. As I launched off the top, my brake line caught the upper triple clamp and pulled out of the master cylinder!? My buddy couldn't believe the pass I put on him coming down the hill?! I was just happy to have somehow made the turn at the bottom!

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #445
nachtflug OP
infidel

so #'s 867 and 869 on 450's are both from Sweden and living in LA.

869 friended me on Facebook, Robert Lind. I assume he might have seen some pics on Nicoletti's FB but I also heard that cute brunette photog is friends with one of the Swedish riders and maybe he saw my picture of her which I posted and someone tagged.

Anyway I was afraid I didn't have any shots of 869 but I found one from Budds Creek and posted it. He likes it...

Old 07-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #446
nachtflug OP
infidel

and his homie 867

Old 07-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #447
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
I'm sure I am. I have actually ridden the track before, but now I'll see how it is really done. I got to find out what that little strap on the left corner of an MX number plate is for while going down the big hill. I had broken the plate on my WR500 and replaced it with a dirt track plate. As I launched off the top, my brake line caught the upper triple clamp and pulled out of the master cylinder!? My buddy couldn't believe the pass I put on him coming down the hill?! I was just happy to have somehow made the turn at the bottom!
one of these?

Old 07-19-2013, 11:51 PM   #448
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,919
Quote:
This may be the coming trend. I was reading an interview of Circuit of the Americas ( the new road in course Austin,Tx. ) general manager. They asked him what other series would he like to bring to the facility? He said, AMA road racing would be nice, maybe IMSA, NASCAR, etc. But he said, he would really like to bring motocross there.

I think these people look at Supercross and think that if they have a state of the art racing facility that they can draw 50,000 people to a race. I think they're wrong for this reason. The monster trucks can sell out the Astrodome with 60,000 spectators. But if you moved that same event to an outdoor setting, in the heat, rain or any other adverse conditions, it wouldn't draw 10,000 people. I think supercross and motocross have two different fan bases. One wants a comfy armchair were all of the action is upclose with 100% visibility and drinks and popcorn just a few short steps away. The other doesn't mind the elements, He doesn't mind hiking around the track checking out different sections. He doesn't mind being tired and dirty at the end of the day. The motocross fan is probably more likely to drive for hours to attend an event. He is the core of the sport! But, I could be wrong.
Ok, couldn't let this be said of me.
I've been to many nice comfy SX races over the years but haven't been to an outdoor national in 30 years.
Been to a lot of local MX in those 30 years.
I was at the Circuit of the Americas for the Grand Prix of the Americas (MotoGP).

So I have tickets in my hand to Washougal tomorrow, sitting in a nearby motel room just waiting for the sun to come up!

I'm gonna be there in person tomorrow!

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #449
SGrider
376 miles to Chicago

Oddometer: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post

Ok, couldn't let this be said of me.
I've been to many nice comfy SX races over the years but haven't been to an outdoor national in 30 years.
Been to a lot of local MX in those 30 years.
I was at the Circuit of the Americas for the Grand Prix of the Americas (MotoGP).

So I have tickets in my hand to Washougal tomorrow, sitting in a nearby motel room just waiting for the sun to come up!

I'm gonna be there in person tomorrow!

I rode by there a few days ago, looks like it would take forever to get in and out of there. But the area looks great for mx racing and it seems like the weather can change at any moment there too.
SGrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #450
pvangel
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,401
Vilapoto....

no words, just amazed
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote