ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #331
dmac1
Desert SW Luvr
 
dmac1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Deer country - SE of Denver
Oddometer: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta21 View Post
Hi Y'all. I drove over Cottonwood pass last night(this morning) around 0100 the temp on the jeep showed a chilly 41 degrees. So you Dixie folks bring some warm gear :)
It has snowed measureable amounts every month of the year here in Colorado!
Ride safe
What are you doin, trying to get a good campsite?

Good point about warm stuff...a good rain jacket is a must-have too on the trail. The monsoons are here...at least currently.
__________________
RwR | BRC | COHVCO | USA-All | Gunny/C.B GOATS
2006 KTM 450 EXC
dmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #332
delta21
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Evergreen Colorado
Oddometer: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac1 View Post
What are you doin, trying to get a good campsite?

Good point about warm stuff...a good rain jacket is a must-have too on the trail. The monsoons are here...at least currently.


Actualy, we were East-bound. We had been camping Northwest of the lake but had to break camp around midnight due to a sick family member (it's no fun leaking out of both ends in the woods)


We stopped at the divide, I usually feel that I am over prepared for the outdoors but I was reminded that "Nature can be a mother" here in Colorado. If you were not prepared for near freezing temps in July I think you could get into trouble in a hurry.


We saw a bunch of tourist last year in Silverton the weekend of RMAR in rental side by sides with nothing but shorts and t shirts all but freezing to death (kinda funny to see but also potentially serious)
delta21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #333
Trl Rdr
Big Red Bird
 
Trl Rdr's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Lincoln, NE - The Tax me state
Oddometer: 2,030
Got my reservations in!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
__________________
2 XR650r(s) 2001 & 2002 Plated
GL18HPM9 Titanium (Gold Wing)
CRF230F for the tight shit!
Baja Mexico Trail Ride Report
Big Bend Ranch Drive and Ride Report
Trl Rdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #334
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
COXR650L's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by in2dabluz View Post
COUNT ME "IN" !

FINALLY had to tell the boss "TAKE THIS JOB AND SHOVE IT"
Richard Cranium wouldn't give me any time off for what I want to do,
SO, It's 5 o'clock somewhere

NOW when I wake up, everyday is a S A T U R D A Y

Seizure later in Bueny . . .

Got you down and congrats, so a summer full of riding with no job to hold you back Cheers

TRL RDR...Got you down, see you there!


Dave..... I got Michael's reg! We are happy to do it, I hope everyone has a good time.


I have been in TP the last two weekend, both times getting in before the sun came up and yes it was chilly. Last saturday as I was leaving I just got to the top of Cottonwoods around 3pm and it looked like a real thunder storm was rolling though the valley. Luckily Arrowhead Point is a lot lower though so no one should freeze to death
__________________
Dubinky.com Enduro, Trail, Dual-Sport and Adventure Riding Apparel.

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride
COXR650L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #335
c.vestal
Rally On
 
c.vestal's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: COS
Oddometer: 4,826
IN
c.vestal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #336
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
COXR650L's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.vestal View Post
IN

Thats awesome, got you down. I am looking forward to seeing your bike, I love the look of your rally kit
__________________
Dubinky.com Enduro, Trail, Dual-Sport and Adventure Riding Apparel.

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride
COXR650L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #337
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
COXR650L's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
Thats awesome, got you down. I am looking forward to seeing your bike, I love the look of your rally kit





Also if people are interested in getting a t-shirt inmate Hayduke is making them again this year.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
Thanks to Ernie Young (aka RhodeHazard), we have a very cool design this year that captures the essence of West Fest in our area.

PRE-ORDER your shirt to make sure there's one for you at the event!

As in years past, we're doing a pre-order page so that we don't have to guess at what sizes/ how many shirts to have. This works great, makes less waste, and makes sure more $$ goes to the site. The shirts will be delivered to the event, packaged with your name on it; pick them up in Buena Vista!

CLICK HERE TO ORDER WEST FEST TEES





There will be a limited number of extras for purchase at the event, but to insure that you get one, pre-order by July 29th!
__________________
Dubinky.com Enduro, Trail, Dual-Sport and Adventure Riding Apparel.

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride
COXR650L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #338
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
COXR650L's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 1,380
So regarding the $10 per rider to COHVCO.

I want to apologize about the confusion I created over this statement. When I first decided to do Westfest last November I said I would give $10 from each registration to COHVCO. I did not really consider a lot of budget issues, probably over estimated attendance, and mostly based this off what was done at the last Westfest.

A few months ago as the expenses for this event started to come in and it was apparent I was not getting the number of registrations I originally expected, I amended that statement, $10 per registration *after expenses are covered. I have used my savings to pay for Westfest and the unfortunate truth is I do not have the additional money to pay COHVCO out of my pocket, trust me I wish I did!

The original statement was an oversight and a mistake on my part and I should have been more diligent estimating expenses, it was not meant as any kind of bait and switch, and I apologize to anyone that feels mislead or deceived. Right now I cannot say for sure how much will go to COHVCO, it may end up being $10 per person or it may be less, until the event gets closer I don’t know, but rest assured I will do my best to put as much money as possible towards COHVCO. If anyone feels this was done purposefully to mislead them into registering, I am sincerely sorry and will certainly give them a refund if they want.

Ben
__________________
Dubinky.com Enduro, Trail, Dual-Sport and Adventure Riding Apparel.

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride
COXR650L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #339
trailjammer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
trailjammer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Oddometer: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
So regarding the $10 per rider to COHVCO.

I want to apologize about the confusion I created over this statement. When I first decided to do Westfest last November I said I would give $10 from each registration to COHVCO. I did not really consider a lot of budget issues, probably over estimated attendance, and mostly based this off what was done at the last Westfest.

A few months ago as the expenses for this event started to come in and it was apparent I was not getting the number of registrations I originally expected, I amended that statement, $10 per registration *after expenses are covered. I have used my savings to pay for Westfest and the unfortunate truth is I do not have the additional money to pay COHVCO out of my pocket, trust me I wish I did!

The original statement was an oversight and a mistake on my part and I should have been more diligent estimating expenses, it was not meant as any kind of bait and switch, and I apologize to anyone that feels mislead or deceived. Right now I cannot say for sure how much will go to COHVCO, it may end up being $10 per person or it may be less, until the event gets closer I don’t know, but rest assured I will do my best to put as much money as possible towards COHVCO. If anyone feels this was done purposefully to mislead them into registering, I am sincerely sorry and will certainly give them a refund if they want.

Ben
Thanks for keeping everyone updated Ben. Ben is a top notch guy and great to work with. I fully trust him. Don't let that little hiccup stop anyone from registering. Have some great rides!
-Cain
Trailjammer Designs
__________________
TRAILJAMMER DESIGNS -KTM/Berg/YAMAHA PROTECTION! www.facebook.com/trailjammer408
www.trailjammerdesigns.com
trailjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #340
CaptRick
On dry land 4 now.....
 
CaptRick's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Santa Fe NM
Oddometer: 4,416
Ben,

First I want to thank you in advance for all the work you are doing to make this happen. I think you should pass the het around for some additional contributions and I for one would be more than happy to kick in some more $$ for COHVCO and to make sure you do not lose any money on the event.
I am really looking forward to this!
__________________
Arggh ya scurvy dogs, thar's Pirating to be done!

Growing older every day but never growing up.
CaptRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #341
eddyturn
Wannabe
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Hesperus, CO
Oddometer: 1,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by captrick View Post
ben,

first i want to thank you in advance for all the work you are doing to make this happen. I think you should pass the het around for some additional contributions and i for one would be more than happy to kick in some more $$ for cohvco and to make sure you do not lose any money on the event.
I am really looking forward to this!
+1
__________________
All things being equal... fat people use more soap
eddyturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #342
JStory
Beastly Adventurer
 
JStory's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Dixon, CA
Oddometer: 2,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRick View Post
Ben,

First I want to thank you in advance for all the work you are doing to make this happen. I think you should pass the het around for some additional contributions and I for one would be more than happy to kick in some more $$ for COHVCO and to make sure you do not lose any money on the event.
I am really looking forward to this!
+ one more.
__________________
Jeff

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr Samuel Johnson.
JStory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #343
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
COXR650L's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 1,380
Thanks guys for the responses, I dont want any additional money, just wanted people to know whats going on. Regardless if the $10 is meet or not, we will still pass a hat around Saturday night to help preserve and fund a lot of what we rode during the weekend.
__________________
Dubinky.com Enduro, Trail, Dual-Sport and Adventure Riding Apparel.

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride
COXR650L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #344
dmac1
Desert SW Luvr
 
dmac1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Deer country - SE of Denver
Oddometer: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
Thanks guys for the responses, I dont want any additional money, just wanted people to know whats going on. Regardless if the $10 is meet or not, we will still pass a hat around Saturday night to help preserve and fund a lot of what we rode during the weekend.
Either way, I'm in. Thanks Ben!!
__________________
RwR | BRC | COHVCO | USA-All | Gunny/C.B GOATS
2006 KTM 450 EXC
dmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #345
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr
 
Dr.Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Central FL
Oddometer: 9,774
In!

Rolling in with some d00d from Ar-Kansas. this place is a long way from home
__________________
Stay half-assed, my friends. -- Mike West

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014