ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #331
dmac1
Desert SW Luvr

Oddometer: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta21 View Post
Hi Y'all. I drove over Cottonwood pass last night(this morning) around 0100 the temp on the jeep showed a chilly 41 degrees. So you Dixie folks bring some warm gear :)
It has snowed measureable amounts every month of the year here in Colorado!
Ride safe
What are you doin, trying to get a good campsite?

Good point about warm stuff...a good rain jacket is a must-have too on the trail. The monsoons are here...at least currently.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #332
delta21
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac1 View Post
What are you doin, trying to get a good campsite?

Good point about warm stuff...a good rain jacket is a must-have too on the trail. The monsoons are here...at least currently.

Actualy, we were East-bound. We had been camping Northwest of the lake but had to break camp around midnight due to a sick family member (it's no fun leaking out of both ends in the woods)

We stopped at the divide, I usually feel that I am over prepared for the outdoors but I was reminded that "Nature can be a mother" here in Colorado. If you were not prepared for near freezing temps in July I think you could get into trouble in a hurry.

We saw a bunch of tourist last year in Silverton the weekend of RMAR in rental side by sides with nothing but shorts and t shirts all but freezing to death (kinda funny to see but also potentially serious)
delta21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #333
Trl Rdr
Big Red Bird

Oddometer: 2,030
Got my reservations in!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Baja Mexico Trail Ride Report
Big Bend Ranch Drive and Ride Report
Trl Rdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #334
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by in2dabluz View Post
COUNT ME "IN" !

FINALLY had to tell the boss "TAKE THIS JOB AND SHOVE IT"
Richard Cranium wouldn't give me any time off for what I want to do,
SO, It's 5 o'clock somewhere

NOW when I wake up, everyday is a S A T U R D A Y

Seizure later in Bueny . . .

Got you down and congrats, so a summer full of riding with no job to hold you back Cheers

TRL RDR...Got you down, see you there!

Dave..... I got Michael's reg! We are happy to do it, I hope everyone has a good time.

I have been in TP the last two weekend, both times getting in before the sun came up and yes it was chilly. Last saturday as I was leaving I just got to the top of Cottonwoods around 3pm and it looked like a real thunder storm was rolling though the valley. Luckily Arrowhead Point is a lot lower though so no one should freeze to death

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride
COXR650L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #335
c.vestal
Rally On

Oddometer: 4,826
IN
c.vestal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #336
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.vestal View Post
IN

Thats awesome, got you down. I am looking forward to seeing your bike, I love the look of your rally kit

Westfest 2013
Old 07-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #337
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
Thats awesome, got you down. I am looking forward to seeing your bike, I love the look of your rally kit

Also if people are interested in getting a t-shirt inmate Hayduke is making them again this year.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
Thanks to Ernie Young (aka RhodeHazard), we have a very cool design this year that captures the essence of West Fest in our area.

PRE-ORDER your shirt to make sure there's one for you at the event!

As in years past, we're doing a pre-order page so that we don't have to guess at what sizes/ how many shirts to have. This works great, makes less waste, and makes sure more $$ goes to the site. The shirts will be delivered to the event, packaged with your name on it; pick them up in Buena Vista!

CLICK HERE TO ORDER WEST FEST TEES

There will be a limited number of extras for purchase at the event, but to insure that you get one, pre-order by July 29th!

Westfest 2013
Old 07-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #338
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

So regarding the $10 per rider to COHVCO.

I want to apologize about the confusion I created over this statement. When I first decided to do Westfest last November I said I would give $10 from each registration to COHVCO. I did not really consider a lot of budget issues, probably over estimated attendance, and mostly based this off what was done at the last Westfest.

A few months ago as the expenses for this event started to come in and it was apparent I was not getting the number of registrations I originally expected, I amended that statement, $10 per registration *after expenses are covered. I have used my savings to pay for Westfest and the unfortunate truth is I do not have the additional money to pay COHVCO out of my pocket, trust me I wish I did!

The original statement was an oversight and a mistake on my part and I should have been more diligent estimating expenses, it was not meant as any kind of bait and switch, and I apologize to anyone that feels mislead or deceived. Right now I cannot say for sure how much will go to COHVCO, it may end up being $10 per person or it may be less, until the event gets closer I don’t know, but rest assured I will do my best to put as much money as possible towards COHVCO. If anyone feels this was done purposefully to mislead them into registering, I am sincerely sorry and will certainly give them a refund if they want.

Ben

Westfest 2013
Old 07-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #339
trailjammer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 328
Quote:
So regarding the $10 per rider to COHVCO.

I want to apologize about the confusion I created over this statement. When I first decided to do Westfest last November I said I would give $10 from each registration to COHVCO. I did not really consider a lot of budget issues, probably over estimated attendance, and mostly based this off what was done at the last Westfest.

A few months ago as the expenses for this event started to come in and it was apparent I was not getting the number of registrations I originally expected, I amended that statement, $10 per registration *after expenses are covered. I have used my savings to pay for Westfest and the unfortunate truth is I do not have the additional money to pay COHVCO out of my pocket, trust me I wish I did!

The original statement was an oversight and a mistake on my part and I should have been more diligent estimating expenses, it was not meant as any kind of bait and switch, and I apologize to anyone that feels mislead or deceived. Right now I cannot say for sure how much will go to COHVCO, it may end up being $10 per person or it may be less, until the event gets closer I don’t know, but rest assured I will do my best to put as much money as possible towards COHVCO. If anyone feels this was done purposefully to mislead them into registering, I am sincerely sorry and will certainly give them a refund if they want.

Ben
Thanks for keeping everyone updated Ben. Ben is a top notch guy and great to work with. I fully trust him. Don't let that little hiccup stop anyone from registering. Have some great rides!
-Cain
Trailjammer Designs
Old 07-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #340
CaptRick
On dry land 4 now.....

Oddometer: 4,416
Ben,

First I want to thank you in advance for all the work you are doing to make this happen. I think you should pass the het around for some additional contributions and I for one would be more than happy to kick in some more $$ for COHVCO and to make sure you do not lose any money on the event.
I am really looking forward to this!

Growing older every day but never growing up.
CaptRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #341
eddyturn
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by captrick View Post
ben,

first i want to thank you in advance for all the work you are doing to make this happen. I think you should pass the het around for some additional contributions and i for one would be more than happy to kick in some more $$ for cohvco and to make sure you do not lose any money on the event.
+1
Old 07-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #342
JStory
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRick View Post
Ben,

First I want to thank you in advance for all the work you are doing to make this happen. I think you should pass the het around for some additional contributions and I for one would be more than happy to kick in some more $$ for COHVCO and to make sure you do not lose any money on the event.
+ one more.

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr Samuel Johnson.
JStory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #343
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks guys for the responses, I dont want any additional money, just wanted people to know whats going on. Regardless if the $10 is meet or not, we will still pass a hat around Saturday night to help preserve and fund a lot of what we rode during the weekend.

Westfest 2013
Old 07-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #344
dmac1
Desert SW Luvr

Oddometer: 643
Quote:
Thanks guys for the responses, I dont want any additional money, just wanted people to know whats going on. Regardless if the $10 is meet or not, we will still pass a hat around Saturday night to help preserve and fund a lot of what we rode during the weekend.
Either way, I'm in. Thanks Ben!!
Old 07-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #345
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,774
In!

Rolling in with some d00d from Ar-Kansas. this place is a long way from home

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote