Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #181
duck
Banned

Oddometer: 10,404
My brother has a 525i and he's definitely not an asshole.

(But he makes up for it by being a generally shitty driver.)
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #182
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,168
crappy Bimmer drivers are quickly being eclipsed by crappy Audi drivers, who are former Bimmer drivers....

Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #183
RedShark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,311
A U D I = Asshole Usually Drives It
RedShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #184
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 29,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by D R View Post
While in principle this sounds like a good idea be careful what you ask for. If you produce as evidence a segment of video which shows one particular traffic incident, be prepared for every second of every video you have ever recorded while riding your motorcycle to be subpoenaed and scrutinized for any and all traffic infractions you may have made.

If you're going to record your commutes as a means of legal protection/evidence, be certain you stick rigidly to ALL traffic laws, to include the speed limit.
I'm just now working my way through this thread and haven't read all the responses. I feel certain it has been pointed out to you that this is utter hogshit by now, but just in case it hasn't, I will now.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #185
ManiZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Hmm...where is the "I hate all cops" crowd today?

Hats off to the off-duty cop; he likely saved other people's lives from this douche. Even better to hear the couple escaped with their lives.

I had an asshole kid in an SUV cut me off (rear bumper grazed my right knee) at a traffic light recently. Pulled over and called it in; plates/make/model/driver's description and all. An officer came and took my report then called the next day to say the PD from kid's jurisdiction paid him a visit and he was scared shitless to see them (cop's words). Perhaps he will be more careful now.

That incident is why my Contour ROAM2 arrived in the big brown truck today. I will be filming every ride from now.
ManiZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #186
PalePhase
Humour Noir

Oddometer: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiZ View Post
Hmm...where is the "I hate all cops" crowd today?

Hats off to the off-duty cop; he likely saved other people's lives from this douche. Even better to hear the couple escaped with their lives.

I had an asshole kid in an SUV cut me off (rear bumper grazed my right knee) at a traffic light recently. Pulled over and called it in; plates/make/model/driver's description and all. An officer came and took my report then called the next day to say the PD from kid's jurisdiction paid him a visit and he was scared shitless to see them (cop's words). Perhaps he will be more careful now.

That incident is why my Contour ROAM2 arrived in the big brown truck today. I will be filming every ride from now.
Congratulations on surviving your close encounter with the stupid kind, ManiZ. I've had similar close calls, most recently with a VIB (Very Important Bitch) who would have hit the sidecase on the left side of my bike had I not been in gear to move up a couple of feet in a hurry. A guy I used to work with had a similar encounter that left him with a impressive conversation piece of a bruised knee. He was not thinking quite as quickly as you were to get that driver's tag, though she was kind enough to roll down the window and lecture him briefly on being in her way. Too bad our laws frown on slapping such sphincters with wrenches. Unless you can clean house on someone financially for such misbehavior, I think the only thing that ever really gets their attention is an experience that scares them so badly they're scarred for life.

1995 Honda VF750CD
2002 Honda VFR800
PalePhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #187
SkiFastBadly
A beer? Yes, please

Oddometer: 1,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalePhase View Post
I think the only thing that ever really gets their attention is an experience that scares them so badly they're scarred for life.
That's an interesting point. I have made a point of making my unhappiness with people who turn left in front of me, refuse to signal, refuse to yield, etc., VERY clear, usually with a combination of the horn and the finger. The other day I was following a truck on a two lane and when I got to a legal passing zone, the fucker pulled into the middle of the road cutting my lane off. Several miles later, s/he turned left at a gated entrance, and while waiting for the gate to open I stopped behind him/her and gave them the biggest bad ass look a 58 year old guy on a Ulysses can give someone in a truck with truck nuts. I could sense they were pretty nervous.

But recently, in my car, (I won't mention the make in THIS thread) a douche turned left in front of me at a green light and I had to hit the brakes. I hit the horn and gave him the single digit salute, and holy crap did my wife get mad at me..."he could have a gun, he could be nuts...." I tried to make the argument that I was trying to impress him with his douchebaggery, but she wouldn't have it.

2008 Buell Ulysses
2008 Triumph Scrambler
2004 HD Heritage Softail
SkiFastBadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:55 AM   #188
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
Some people need pain to educate them into why they shouldn't fuck with others on the road.
The riders have now been appropriately educated. I doubt they will blow their horn, yell at, and flip off any cars near them again. Look what happened to them after they did.
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:02 AM   #189
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contevita View Post
I wonder if there are more states with the open-carry will produce a more polite population
No, it will just result in the loudmouth bully types open-carrying and being even bigger assholes to everyone around them because they figure nobody will dare mess with them since they're open carrying.

And if anything does go down involving "thugs", they guy open carrying will just be the first one shot. Taken by surprise before he can even draw.
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:16 AM   #190
Tor
Native Viking

Oddometer: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXVERT View Post
Put that little cock sucker in the hoosegow for 5 to 10.
That should get his attention.
Do that shit in Idaho and the 1911 comes out of the tank bag,
unless the old lady draws down with her Glock first.

Max
Maybe it's just me, but it really don't sound like that great of an idea

2005 Honda ST1300 / 2010 BMW F800 Gelände-Straße
Tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #191
Exevious
Goatrider A.F.& A.M.

Oddometer: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
just delete the videos after each non-eventful commute.
Winner winner... chicken dinner!
Exevious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #192
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,322
Looks like the streets of San Diego are heating up with the weather. We've got another road rage turned into attempted murder: LINK

FFS, if someone pisses you off in traffic, let it go. It's not worth being seriously injured or your life.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #193
lgajohnymac
(*)

Oddometer: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby1 View Post
I've found that openly carrying a large handgun tends to change the behavior of potential road ragers even the mentally unstable seem to get it. It's also not that hard to learn to shoot off handed and it is regularly included in both IPSCA and USPSA matches.
A couple hot heads with this mentality results in innocent fatalities. An armed populace is not the answer to bad behavior.
lgajohnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #194
RobH
Don't tase me bro

Oddometer: 5,290
I'm glad I read this. It is a good reminder that while we have every right to zip in and out of traffic (safely), there are sometimes lunatics out there who might be offended and do something totally insane like this guy. It's best just to sit back and be patient until you can get around them and go on your way.

I hope that crazy kid gets locked up for his own good.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #195
UnsureFooting
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgajohnymac View Post
A couple hot heads with this mentality results in innocent fatalities. An armed populace is not the answer to bad behavior.
WRONG!

An armed society is a polite society.

UnsureFooting is offline   Reply With Quote