Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #31
mefadv OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
Also ran across these three Li'l Javelina...

... and a Pig clicking his teeth! He must be one of those pig's that is not a Honda fan!

It's a known fact they do hate Honda's!

IF 4play/Buddy see's this picture he will start having nitemares again
He kind'a looked like he would feel more comfortable around KTM's ! ! !
mefadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #32
RACINGTHESUN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Thanks for all the awesome pics. Hopefully it cools down some so you can post more. I have never seen the Javelina before.
RACINGTHESUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #33
Oldone
One day at a time!

Oddometer: 652
Awesome!

great photos and a nice looking bike.....thanks much....

Gary "Oldone"

Grampa’s Lake Superior Ride
Grampa’s National Monument Ride
Oldone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #34
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,080
Mefadv - Enjoying your day trips. Hopefully, this coming winter I'll have my place out there too. I'll keep a dual sport and a Ducati there I think. I've ridden a few loops from Cave Creek. Very nice. I have a son who is plating an XR4 like yours and he plans to ship it there too. Seems like a natural bike for those parts.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #35
mefadv OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACINGTHESUN View Post
Thanks for all the awesome pics. Hopefully it cools down some so you can post more. I have never seen the Javelina before.

Yes it is very hot here but I still ride a couple morning a week. (I'll drop a few more pic's in here soon) I have lived in the desert southwest tooo long... As I truly enjoy a nice "cloudy-morning" ride that begins at 80 and ends near 100 degrees. Can't take those winter ride temps that I once enjoyed 35 years ago in Missouri. Hell I now think it's cool at 60 degrees... a real wuss!
Glad you enjoyed my backyard treck's....
Old 07-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #36
mefadv OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Mefadv - Enjoying your day trips. Hopefully, this coming winter I'll have my place out there too. I'll keep a dual sport and a Ducati there I think. I've ridden a few loops from Cave Creek. Very nice. I have a son who is plating an XR4 like yours and he plans to ship it there too. Seems like a natural bike for those parts.
The XR4 seems to do well for me... The only major negative for most riders is no "magic-button". As I get older and my hip get's, even more stiff, it will likely become more of an issue.

But for now it's a good ride. I have made several modifications... nothing too severe. ....just making it my "own ride".
Old 07-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #37
Slowred
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 633
Really enjoy the pics Mefadv! Lots of familiar sights. You are an animal to still be riding the low country at this time of year.
Slowred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #38
mefadv OP
Studly Adventurer

Another time... well these images are from the past couple of weeks.

Past this area many times... however the early morning sun made this li'l outcropping jump at me!

This Ocotillo was a stand-out this morning...

Wow... the State of Arizona has finally done what I suggested... Crappers strategically placed around the desert

Melon harvesting... cantaloupe anyone... These are like candy to Coyotes once they get good and ripe...

This is your ride-report quiz... What kind of blossoms are these?
Hint... your shirt is likely made of this processed material.

"Summertime Sunrise" Need I say more.

Again... Hope you enjoyed my backyard trek's
Old 07-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #39
Psycho18th
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
I love checking in on this thread. We live in such a great place to ride. As long as you don't mind getting up early, year round trail riding can't be beat!! Please keep up the posts.
Psycho
00 and '07 YAM TTR 90s (kids' bikes)
89 Lockheed F-16C (Work vehicle )
Psycho18th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #40
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 2,793
have you thought about putting a magic button the the xr4? supposedly a pretty easy swap from a fourtrax or something.

hooray for cotton,,, they also come in white
2 SPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #41
Motoman_AZ
Long time lurker....

Oddometer: 43
Loving the treks! Keep em coming! Love the areas you are exploring!

I am jealous as it looks like Wickenburg now has had rain 3 days in a row! Send some to Phx
Motoman_AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #42
mefadv OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SPOT View Post
have you thought about putting a magic button the the xr4? supposedly a pretty easy swap from a fourtrax or something.

hooray for cotton,,, they also come in white

Yea for 2 SPOT ! ! ! Cotton is correct... & yes I also saw many white blooms.

May consider the magic-button conversion someday. Keep my hopes up that Honda will eventually have a "Dakar-450" that may fill my needs.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #43
mefadv OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoman_AZ View Post
Loving the treks! Keep em coming! Love the areas you are exploring!

I am jealous as it looks like Wickenburg now has had rain 3 days in a row! Send some to Phx

Motoman... Don't always believe what is on the evening news! Yes... it did rain here three days in a row for a total of 1" of moisture.
Sure as Hell no mud-holes to worry about. Still lot's of dry desert... just less dust!
Old 09-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #44
mefadv OP
Studly Adventurer

Back to AZ for a while... seems like this summer has had me on the road "Work'n" more than I like.
Damn... Missed a lot of the monsoon's and I really look forward to those.
Returned last week and took a little jaunt on Sunday. Everything is really green such as this;

Field of Tumble Weeds ! It looked to be about 80 acres of organic cropland.

Thousands of these little critters....

Acres of melons that looked to only be picked once... appeared to be too wet to pick at the optimum time. The entire area was really pungent with rotting melons!

Miles of rain-swept road/trails...

Intend to get out again soon as the weather is just right for us desert dwellers
Old 09-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #45
mefadv OP
Studly Adventurer

Another time... asked a couple of ADV's along on this one but... here I go again by myself!
Great day so I was able to adjust my schedule to make this Friday ride happen. I planed a easy ride to the Wayside near Alamo Lake for lunch. Done it several times easy three hour ride each way. Via the black mountain trail across Hwy 71 to Tres Alamos road and Lunch. Planned to come back via the far North Aguila road route. Then decide dirt all the way home or pavement from Aguila.
This the how this easy trip played out...

These li'l yellow flowers were everywhere... Little did I know that my boots would be yellow from blooms before the day was over.

I soon run into some of this. Since the first of September this area has had about 12" of rain... and it is quite obvious everywhere.

At this point I had to adjust my route for the first time of the day... the Adventure begins.

Finally get to my usual Sol's Wash crossing to find "quicksand" along the edge... Glad I looked before jumping the bluff and dropping in!

This is another crossing I ended up using. Photo make it look easy but... 12' drop into soft sand and deep washouts of the climbing bank.

I did this "lot's of times" only to get on the wrong side of the fence and go 4 miles out of my way. Groooowl, Spent a total of three hours traveling 36 miles. That gets me to Hwy 71... on I trudge. However lunch is out. Get to Tres Alamos Road. Turn South on the Aguila road/trail/...

Ran onto this li'l boat.... Now, if it was me and I was discarding a boat I certainly would not travel 12 miles of crappy dirt road tie it to a Joshua Tree and pull it off. But that is only me... notice steering wheel in the tree.

If your good with BLM maps you know where I am. Stopped here to pull the sage-brush from the pegs and a Mesquite limb that was stuck in my horn & hanging across the front fender.

Get to here about 5 hours into the day... Bullard Wash. A long way back to Tres Alamos Rd and then have to travel on Hwy 93 back to Wickenburg... not my thing. So I decide to drop in. Let me explain (damn photos don't show much). there is a 20' swirl of very soft sand at the crest leaning toward the little crevasse I'm riding along.
That's before I even get to the edge and drop in. Well anyway It took some thought but I was only about 15 miles from assistance. (last time I crossed this it was about 1/2 this depth. (12" of rain will do that)

Break at the Pass...

Last photo of the day. Just crossed the Rudy Pass N. of Aguila... Civilization in sight.