Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 01:18 AM   #1
sasha18yug OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
motorcycle riding = life style change...

Hey guys .... i started riding with 13 ... on a bike that needed a licence ... but i didnt have one and just did it in a small village and run from the cops true the fields of corn and all that when they where trying to get me...bla bla bla...untill i hit a girl on the road and she broke her jaw...then i sold the bike cause my parents where like yeah ur a desaster lol...
Then at age of 16 ...to be legal and all that i convinced my mom to get me shitty piaggio 50cc skooter .... that was allot of fun...had it for 1.5 years broke 2 engines and made it the faster piagio in town...taxi drivers where chasing me sometimes cause i would break the mirrors from the cars in traffic ... i looked like a giraf on top of that thing cause i was 6.4 :)))...
18 years of age ... i got my license and my mom told me she would not give me money to buy a proper bike being aware or thinking that i will dy on the road ...:)... after 6 months she left for germany with her new man ... not my dad wich seemed like the best oportunity for me to ... get a bike...
Wich i did....600 cc cbr ... it was a one seater honda witch had been preped by HRC for racing ...found it 160 km away from my home town...
Went there with my best friend and took a look at the bike started it ...awesome sound very very loud...i was thinking yeah its perfect it had 18000 km ...looks brand new...test drive was something like this...start the bike and try to move it... she stalls like 8 9 times ... and then i managed to get it going....wich was at least the scariest thing i have don in my life...
First time out of town on our way home...4th gear i think : ok lets see what this baby can do...WOT in 4th then shift 5th...brake brake brake...i had tears coming down.... the first thing i was thinking ...this thing is going to kill you...:)))
Made it in my home town safe with no experience on a sport bike i was feeling great ...it was slitly raining and then ....baaammmm... i crash the bike at 30km per h...betwenn some trolly rails...holly shit...get up scraches on my skin and but.... i was fine ...had only glowes and helmet...
Later that summer i realises that this bike was very very strong racing some 750cc gsxr and i could beat the hell out of them...i put 23000 km on the bike in one summer ...no job no obligations just ride every day with no girl on the back...it was racing trim...the seat was horibile just a black foam that was hard like wood...
September is arround the corner and my mom is coming to visit me... holly crap need to get rid of the bike so i sold it...i am regreting this moment untill now and i will always regret it...done ...mom does not now anything ...nice...
Winter goes true and in march i get the ich again...looking for the same bike 600cc honda... find one ...street legal and just a normal bike...buy it ...to realise that the clutch is gone ...slipping like mad...replace the clutch at a mechanic ...then she pops second gear out...frustrating ...no more money to do that ...just ride ... i learned that this bike was so slow in comparisson to the other one ...was a huge difference...but... i also learned that on this bike the mechanic setup the suspension and....wholllyy mother of god.... it was a new experience to me ....the bike was planted in corners was amazing ...the previus bike was setup wrong...had slugish cornering at was very soft ...
I put another 18000 km on the bike that summer ...togheter with my girl ... we had an almost crash experience where a guy in some 4 lane streett is making an ilegal u turn and i was on my brakes trying to avoid it...did that but that changed me and her ... decided that Romania is to dangerous for us riding a bike...sold it ...
Then i dediced to get into cars and not buy anymore bikes ... it was a nice thing at that moment to have a change....bought a volvo started investing money and made it quite fast ..bigger turbo and so on...started some racing ...drag racing and then some local rally parking lot stuf... was nice and awesome ...
But here comes the thing...i sit here 7 years later ... after being married , got divorced , reunited with my old girl ...i live in germany now...and i realise that bikes changed my life and i canot live without them....i realise there is another world out there that some of my friends dont understand...i used to see bikes just for the thrill of fast acceleration and the awesomness to go fast true bends and true havy traffic in big citys...now i think that was just the child in me and its normal...
Back then i didnt know of this forum ... i didnt know that people are still making awesome journeys true contries , i didnt know that its life changing and i regret that i didnt realise some of this stuff earlier...
Now i am going to come back to this world and start my own trips ... i was thinkig that i could share this here ... i have some friends that dont understand me and they are all into rallying and dragracing and all that...
And i was thinking... that i am going to change my life style ...start trips with the bike ...go to meetings ... do some alps ... start traveling...all that changes the way you live ..think and you get another perspective of the live...i think for me it is like this... i am aware that i will only have a couple of friends left if i do so...cause whe will not share sam interest anymore and okasions to meet are going to be less ... does not bother me cause i know that i am going to meet new peoaple and make new friends...but most important to me is that I am going to be happy....
I was thinking i should share my experience here and let everyone know that ... giving up on the pasion that you love the most...may be wise for a certain amount of time...but you will never be happy...i was there and realised ....

Hope you guys can share some nice stories that make motorcycle riding into a lifestyle ...i hope i was not borring...

Cheers Sasha
sasha18yug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:32 AM   #2
C/1/509
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,154
Pui?
C/1/509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:34 AM   #3
dwestly
Refuses to Grow Up!

Oddometer: 419
Hi Sasha,
Not, not boring at all. Thanks for sharing your story with us! Motorcycling is truly a lifestyle and commitment for some of us. Many of us are like you, giving it up for awhile, only to be drawn back to it. Once you look around, you'll find many dedicated riders who feel just as you do. Particularly where you live, there are lots of riders who live for the open road. Look and you will find them.

Oh, and if you ever come to the States to ride, make sure you let this forum know. There are many, many riders here who would gladly take the time to share with you their knowledge of riding in the U.S.

Best Wishes and Safe Riding!
dwestly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:48 AM   #4
AdvIvan
Rock on!

Oddometer: 90
What he said, only that this forum covers most of the world. Not just Northern America.

Nice to hear that you're back for the fun. Lets hope that you'll take it easier this time ;)
AdvIvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #5
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,622
Not boring at all. Nice story man. Thanks for sharing it and welcome back.

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #6
trc.rhubarb
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,929
Loved that story!
Ride on...
Old 07-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #7
LowInSlo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Nice. Very nice. Thank you for sharing. You're young. Life is a journey. Enjoy the ride. Some of the curves rock.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #8
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,607
Old 07-18-2013, 01:34 AM   #9
sasha18yug OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Thanks guys for the warm welcome... i am coming back into the motorcycling world with a new view of things ....
I am not looking for a sport bike anymore...something more upright for longer journeys and for 2up riding...thats another thread...
I am going to make some short trips for the begining togheter with my girl ...and then move towards longer trips...its about ridint true countries and cultures ...seeing places meeting people ...and having the freedom to ride wherever you want....
sasha18yug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #10
Houndguy
super noob!!!

Oddometer: 49
Thumb

Funny how this riding thing gets into your blood. :)