Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #16
Lindbeck OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlurr View Post
ha! I spent a bit of Time in Odense, Kan du have en sikker rejse
Mange tak Odense is 20 minutes from were i live:-)
Lindbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #17
antipode
Wanderer

Oddometer: 545
Hi Rasmus,
We will be checking your progress from this end of the trip.
Thanks for posting.
Cheers,
Pablo
Old 07-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #18
Lindbeck OP
Adventurer

Lindbeck screwed with this post 07-20-2013 at 10:46 AM
Old 07-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #19
Lindbeck OP
Adventurer

Finally I found out posting pictures. These are the 2 bikes we are driving:-)
Old 07-25-2013, 12:33 AM   #20
mart´n
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
God tur!

Ser frem til at følge jer
Old 07-25-2013, 05:25 AM   #21
kajj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Hello!

Sounds like a great adventure you two are planning.

Please tell us more about the preperations of the bikes. What changes/improvements have you done?
More fuel for the part through mongolia and russia?

And as allways pictures, lots of pictures
kajj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:52 AM   #22
AlexDK
XTZ 750

Oddometer: 3
It was nice to meet both you and Mads 14 days ago

Hi Rasmus and Mads,
It was nice to meet booth of you 14 days ago when I picked up all your spares for your old XTZ 750.. I still can't believe how many parts I got away with for a good price

I have subscribed to your report and will check in to follow your progress as you's go.

I have a lot of danish family living 40 km south of Perth (west australia), so if you's ever come over there and need something, let me know.

Best regards
Alex
AlexDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:00 AM   #23
roookie1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Hej Rasmus og Mads, jeg ønsker jer en fantastisk tur, måske i holder en foredragsrække når i kommer hjem?

Have a fantastic journey guys, nice bikes btw
Old 07-26-2013, 03:38 AM   #24
aspad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindbeck View Post
Finally I found out posting pictures. These are the 2 bikes we are driving:-)
Nice.. Let us know when you get to oz. safe ride
aspad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:58 AM   #25
Lindbeck OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajj View Post
Hello!

Sounds like a great adventure you two are planning.

Please tell us more about the preperations of the bikes. What changes/improvements have you done?
More fuel for the part through mongolia and russia?

And as allways pictures, lots of pictures

To prepare the bikes we have fixed all the know issues we could find such as the waterpump shaft and seals, torque limiter for the starter, clutch push rod, a new clutch slave from oberon, new excel front rim, new oil pump housing + oil pump, then we have the front and rear suspension overhauled. And all the normal service things like changing oil etc. And on my bike (the S model) i changed the bearing in the fork clamp.

Then we ordered a rear fuel tank from adventurespec.com because it was much cheaper than safari tanks. It holds 8,5 litres of fuel. And then we would take a 10 litres can with us if we would need extra. We made 2 in 1 exhaust with acra mufler to made place for the tank. Then we raised the needle in the carburator one click, and a half turn out on the mixture screw.

Then we got a bigger luggage plate which i wanna mount this weekend. And some flexjets for easy measuring with the mixture screw on the carbs. Then we bourght some cases for our luggage and a original luggage rack and some crashbars from sw motech

I dont have that much pictures off all this. But i will take some when the bikes are ready
Old 07-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #26
Lindbeck OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDK View Post
Hi Rasmus and Mads,
It was nice to meet booth of you 14 days ago when I picked up all your spares for your old XTZ 750.. I still can't believe how many parts I got away with for a good price

I have subscribed to your report and will check in to follow your progress as you's go.

I have a lot of danish family living 40 km south of Perth (west australia), so if you's ever come over there and need something, let me know.

Best regards
Alex

Thanks to all of you interest in our trip.

I hope you can use all the parts
Very nice we would get to perth so it would be nice to meet them and drink a bear if they want a visit
Old 07-26-2013, 07:06 AM   #27
Lindbeck OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roookie1 View Post
Hej Rasmus og Mads, jeg ønsker jer en fantastisk tur, måske i holder en foredragsrække når i kommer hjem?

Have a fantastic journey guys, nice bikes btw
Er ikke den store foredragsholder men kan jo være jeg bliver lidt mere voksen på turen
Old 07-26-2013, 07:09 AM   #28
Lindbeck OP
Adventurer

And new updates
Now we got the final visum for mongolia so all the paperwork for the trip should be okay now.

We also got the rest of the stuff for the bikes now so now we have to fit it on the bikes
Old 08-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #29
Lindbeck OP
Adventurer

update

Day before we left we found out that mads tank was leaking fuel. Do we need to find a new one.
This was resulting in 1,5 day delayed start of the trip

So we left Wednesday around 13.00. So the forst day we only drove 400km. We were sleeping on q field in Germany in our tent.

2nd dau we drove 800km and endee sleeping on a big field with Apple trees under the stars in Poland. (We had to go fast to Kiev to see chernobyl)

3day drove another 800km and then finally in Kiev 7 a clock in the evening. We got lost in 2 hours then we meet a guy on a motorcycle who invited us to sleep at his place 20km from kiev if we would have a drink with him and his wife. And we agreed to do. So after a beer and a good ukrainen dinner we drove to his place for a bath and a good nights sleep.

The day after we should go to Chernobyl. But he told us to check out kiev instead so we did. Him qnd his family was going to a wedding so we were im kiev on our own. Later that day his daughter eete giving us a guided tour in Kiev. It was very nice and we learned a little history and saw a lot af cool places. In the Night we were going on clubs to have some drinks and see the nightlife in Kiev.

Day 4 we worked up on the daughters apartment then we had breakfast before we took the train to beach. On the evening her father came and drove us to his place sp we could raise the needle in our carburators. (We used to much fuel so now its standart set up again) we had a nice dinner and then went to bet again.

Day 5 today. we worked up had breakfast. Then we packed and said goodbye to our new friends.
We only knew them for few days bit it was still hard to say goodbye. They really got my eyes opened for ukranian hospitality and they were so friendly to us we will never forget. So thank you wery much Sergiy. Natasha and lesia. Sorry if it isn't spelled right. After goodbye we drove to uman to see sofiaka park. It is a beautiful park with lots of trees flowers and little water holes. The wr drove to odesa and thats were we sre sitting on a hotel right now.

I don't have pictures on my phone so they will be uploaded when I found out to take them from my camera to my tablet

So now i would have a bath and then find a bar

Rasmus
Old 08-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #30
Toiretto
Getting into it!

Oddometer: 50
We look forward for the pics. Keep posting please. Good luck!
Toiretto is offline   Reply With Quote