Old 07-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #9871
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Gail View Post
Might not have a period at the end.
Not using the period...

Sometimes it takes a little while for the server to replicate, so if not tonight, tomorrow it should kick in.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:12 AM   #9872
Toysrme
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
What crosshair pack is that?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Pack_0.8.6.exe

If you want the whole thing; here's the modpack I made for it and what it contains / most of the tweaks I made. Its pretty popular with a couple of clans. It is setup to run with XVM if you're running it, but will work without it. (make sure this installs over your xvm install)

Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An OPTIONAL Texture Compressor will run at the end of this install. This will compress the game textures down to 3% installed size; from over 5gb down to less than 15mb and have a LARGE impact on loading times and frame rates.

It is written in Russian. To install this simply specify the install path to your World_of_Tanks\res\packages folder and continue on. It will use SpeedTree / nVidia pre-compressor.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------
My settings are as follows:

Graphics:
Draw Distance set to MAXIMUM
Game:
Enable Server Reticle
Disable Show Vehicle Tier
Reticle Arcade/Sniper:
Type-1 Indicators (Diagnal)
V-Shaped Marker
Circle II (with shifting load indicator)
A-Shaped Marker I (with armor indicator)

Toysrme's mod pack:
The hitskins in this mod pack have been compressed to 25% standard size. This removes roughly 250mb of vehicle skins from the game and makes a nice improvement on many video systems, especially integraded gpu/apu's using normal system memory OR any dedicated video card that lacks the multiple gigabytes of dedicated video ram the game requires.

MeltyMap's MathMod. Tweaked to move info closer to aim-point, view ranges, etc:
- Minimalistic, Futuristic and Effective design
- Auto-configurable DAR system for Strategic mode
- Dynamic speed threshold circle with loading indicator
- Dynamic speed threshold circle for arcade and sniper mode
- Dynamic speed threshold circles for strategic mode, with size dependable of map scale and current zoom
- Old server side cross-hairs
- Accurate damage indicator with 15s timer countdown
- Displaying current zoom level in sniper mode
- Target reloading time display - scaled to best reloads VS 100% standard crews
- Target chance to spot player in percentage and color coded distance display - scaled to best spotting value VS 100% standard crews
- Target armor in current aim
- Player tank gun penetration in correct distance
- Target armor arc and penetration possibility
- Minimap enhancement
- Minimap zoom
- 445m spotting circle on MiniMap, with configurable size
- Maximum distance of drawing view box
- Gun Arc Critical Angle rulers
- Gun Constrains lines for MiniMap
- Precise vector strategic cursor for MiniMap
- Gun Direction lines for MiniMap
- Orange alert when battle timer reaches given time amount - set to 215 seconds
- Effective armor calculation for all vehicles
- In-Game real-time clock

Aslain's Icons
Locstan's Centered Damage Panel
Lemon96 - KoreanRandom Shaded Textures
Dead White Tanks
Locstan's 2 row Carousel mod for the Garage
Max Far-Plane mod
YasenKrasen's color coded info/math
Tactical Tablet

Custom Tweaks:
Dynamic Camera - removed view shake from weapon firing, being hit and impacts
Dynamic Camera - removed "Acceleration" of 3rd person view that makes people queezy
Moved Penetration indicators to center-screen
Moved Hull Armor / Angle indicator to center-screen
Changed game timer alert/location
Changed reload adjustment factor to better indicate "proper" crews/loadouts
Changed view-range adjustment factor to better indicate "proper" crews/loadouts
Changed view distance lock outs to 500m and 10-20m
Changed zoom levels
Enabled "No Scroll" zoom (can't scroll between sniper/strategic and arcade modes. Must use toggle like a "real" FPS game)
Enabled "Remember last used zoom setting"
HD Minimap set to Control key
HD Minimap size set to 600 pixel height (Fits easily on 720p recordings)
the crosshair is the english translation of meltymath's map mod from KoreanRandom forums. Answering the typical question, yes it is a legal mod compilation as nothing is being read live. All information it uses is stored beforehand and known values. Versions of it have been in widespread use by quite a few top clans starting around March-April 2013.
The default MeltyMath definition picture:

i hate the default layout of it because i play on a big screens and having the info so far away from the center of the screen makes it difficult to see. so i pulled everything up near center screen. i also went through (with the help of some clan mates) and re-scaled the target reload timers AND the camo/spotting distance warnings to reflect maxed out tanks reload and their ability to spot your tank (100% crew +BIA+Vent+Consumeable+Optics+Binocs). the default is simply scaled for 100% crew. i.e. useless in high tier / clan wars / tournaments.
Toysrme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:32 AM   #9873
Toysrme
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechickencow View Post
I've been taking a semi-break from it though to try to refresh - I've been playing my T-34-85 more, my T18 more, and my T1 Heavy more, along with now running the Hetzer and T82 for fun TD. Hetzer I'm just hanging out there not planning on going further in the line, the T82 I'm going to work up that line further.

In my M4 Sherman I'm just sticking at the M4 until I elite the tank, build some crew skills, then maybe move up. It's a fun tank and you can still one shot a lot of tanks in certain matches which is always a blast. I have toyed around with that one though for selling that and going back to the T-34 as it's probably more fun to play for me due to better ability to bounce shots and the 57mm.

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/jay1441

I'd appreciate any advice. I'd like to say that I'm working towards doing the right things and the win rate just isn't always falling out yet (but it will) but it doesn't feel like it.

My goals each game are:
kill/death over 1
more than my HP in damage (double is what I really like to see)
get defense points, but not at the expense of ^^ (i.e. don't hang so far back I can't engage just to get defense points)
don't die, or survive most of the match
Well here's your problem. Quit playing noob troll wants if you care about your stats so much. guess what? The Effeciancy formula is about to hit version 8.
WN8 officially no longer looks at defenders points and instead of scaling all tiers it severely penalizes anything under tier-6. It's a good change as it cuts down on the want/need to camp near base and seal club in newbie ez troll tanks.

Noobmeter is ok but it also sucks because its stats can run very behind real time fairly frequently. vbaddict.net is real time tho beware. Tracking your own stats you MUST allow the profile uploaded to view every battle result, otherwise it won't record it. I.e. you can easily inflate your stats on it by simply not viewing bad games.
If you want to get better stats play with better people. It's that simple. MM isn't skill based but it does attempt to equalize platoons. So platoon and tank company with good people. :)

Toysrme screwed with this post 07-21-2013 at 02:38 AM
Old 07-21-2013, 03:23 AM   #9874
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,388
Quote:
I'm getting real frustrated with my lack of ability to increase my win rate. I'm doing more damage, increasing my kills/death ratio, cap, defense, etc but simply can't convert to wins. How do I win more?

What's bumming me out is I like playing the T29, usually do OK in it, but just can't seem to win more. It's my second most played tank behind the T1 Heavy and I'm barely floating 40% wins in it. I watch videos on how to play, have platooned a bit, etc and I think I'm doing OK play wise but just don't seem to convert that to win %.

I've been taking a semi-break from it though to try to refresh - I've been playing my T-34-85 more, my T18 more, and my T1 Heavy more, along with now running the Hetzer and T82 for fun TD. Hetzer I'm just hanging out there not planning on going further in the line, the T82 I'm going to work up that line further.

In my M4 Sherman I'm just sticking at the M4 until I elite the tank, build some crew skills, then maybe move up. It's a fun tank and you can still one shot a lot of tanks in certain matches which is always a blast. I have toyed around with that one though for selling that and going back to the T-34 as it's probably more fun to play for me due to better ability to bounce shots and the 57mm.

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/jay1441

I'd appreciate any advice. I'd like to say that I'm working towards doing the right things and the win rate just isn't always falling out yet (but it will) but it doesn't feel like it.

My goals each game are:
kill/death over 1
more than my HP in damage (double is what I really like to see)
get defense points, but not at the expense of ^^ (i.e. don't hang so far back I can't engage just to get defense points)
don't die, or survive most of the match

I have not platooned with you, so my recomendations may or may not work for you.

Learn the maps, where you can go hull down, where your sight lines / shot lines are, and where you can defend your position from.

Do not go running out where your team cannot support you, heavy tanks may have alot of armor and hitpoints for their tier, but 2-4 mediums can quickly dispatch you before you get back into cover.

Take it slow. (goes with the point above) if you have to travel 2/3's of the way across the map before you engauge the enemy, they are probably dug in and have an ambush waiting for you. I learned to run out to a defensable position and defend it, not push out of it into the enemy. Slow TD's are normally the best way to learn this tactic I think.

Fight to the capabilities of your tank. on himmelsdorf use the hill to keep your tank hull down if you have good gun depression, but do not if you are in a russian heavy that strugles to bring it's barrell parallel on flat ground.

If possible, live. tanks become much more powerfull later in the game, trading shot for shot early is not advisable, but later if you have the hp to take a shot to kill a tank it may be worth the damage.

If you see me in TS, hit me up, I am allways willing to go in a training room and teach what I have learned so far. I am not the all knowing master, but I can show you what works for me. I also believe that most any of us would be willing to go in a training room and help your cause.

Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:30 AM   #9875
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
Looking for A good silver making prem tank....going to leave it that open....not real sure where to go from there...play a lot of TD's.
What TD line do you play? what lines are you working on in general? that may help us point you towards a trainer tank that makes good silver.

from my experience, the T34 makes good silver, the TOG II* makes fairly reliable silver, The IS-6 makes good silver, and there are others I am sure I just don't play all of the premium tanks... on that thought maybe Ed will chime in as I think he has or had all of them.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:32 AM   #9876
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Mostly I'd say I'm OK as far as that goes - my intenet isn't blazing fast but it works. My laptop is not a huge screen that I can run a lot of detail on but I can at least maintain 35-40fps.
Please tell me that you are not using the finger pad for the mouse...

Also, do you have the server reticle turned on? without that on you may have some lag that you don't notice and miss shots because of it.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:25 AM   #9877
thechickencow
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 749
Hehe, no finger pad. I use a wireless mouse. I think I've got the server recticle on but I'll check that.

I am going to get my headset so I can platoon up with you guys and use TS. I'm sure you would help me out.

One of the things guys on another forum told me was that I'm still very new and I should focus on getting better at tanks vs moving up quickly. I'd kind of figured that out already (not moving right up to the T32 until I get better at T29). Last night was a bit better although I still had some bad games. Some wins where I didn't do much damage and some losses where I did a lot.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #9878
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Another point that will probably help your play is knowing where the weak points are on the tanks you are facing, add that to knowing where to hit to do module or crew damage and you can greatly reduce their battle effectiveness.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:29 AM   #9879
thechickencow
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 749
Also, Toysrme can you post a link when you upgrade that mod pack to 8.7 when it hits? It's out the 24th right?

Also, looking at vbaddict, looks nice. I'll give that a shot when I pay later today, got the active uploader installed. What do you mean by letting it view the stats - like don't close the game after a loss, wait until it's over and the detailed battle report is up?

Here's my T29 charts, looks like it only does a short term view right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
Another point that will probably help your play is knowing where the weak points are on the tanks you are facing, add that to knowing where to hit to do module or crew damage and you can greatly reduce their battle effectiveness.
That reminds me - I need to look up where to shoot a Black Prince. That and the Tiger II were giving me trouble last night. I couldn't get at that low front spot on the tiger and was bouncing a lot off both.

thechickencow screwed with this post 07-21-2013 at 07:06 AM
thechickencow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #9880
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Good to see ya in battle, Capt_Confusion.
frecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #9881
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 13,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelJM1 View Post
I've accepted and embraced the fact the TD's (and to a lesser degree, heavies) are my forte. I may not do the final popping of a lot of tanks, but i can deal out some damage!
I concur.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #9882
Toysrme
Gnarly Adventurer

yes, ill keep making versions as long as melty's stays legal and i have a lot of friends playing it. starting tomorrow my work schedule goes to 6-7d12h shifts so my time will be cut down. :'(

vbaddict.net and set it to CREDITS PER MINUTE (NET) and you'll see what the actual average income on tanks is. people get SEVERLY confused about making real silver. don't get wrapped up in awe over tanks that semi-regularly make massive gross income a match (100-200,000) but have >$1000 dollar shell costs and large repair bills. you want NET income (factoring shell cost VS damage delt AND repair costs).
You also have to keep in mind just how important style of play / what the tank is meant for with your income!
you take a super pershing, on paper the reload, gun characteristics (not pen) and cheap shell / repairs *looks* like it makes as much as top earning tanks like the type-59 and FCM 50t. but in practice if you were to sit down and play it for an hour's time grinding out credits. what you would find is that the tank is SOOOOO SLOOOOOOW that it takes much less time in-game on other tanks to make the same income. that means more games played over a set time & higher income.

Another classic example is the IS-6. On paper you think "oh wow, tier-8 premium = MONEY HONEY! and it's almost as good as an IS-3". in practice, you spend $40-50+ dollars to buy only the 20th highest income tank in the game! there are normally 2-3 FREE tanks that make higher income month after month LoL! The IS-6 is the worst buy of all time. Anyone that bought one for silver generation, feel sorry for them 'cause it doesnt make shit LoL! :'(

vbaddict is always moving over a 30 day period so rankings change. generally:
Type-59 is head and shoulders higher income than anything else. It makes about 7% more than the following top-6 tanks. You also CAN NOT, NOR WILL YOU EVER be able to buy the tank barring special events or you win an event and it is given as a prize.
The T34, Lowe, FCM 50t, Jg 8.8, KV-5 tie for top 6 24/7/365. the order shuffles continually and they are balanced to make the same income. The FCM 50t is the closest tank to a Type-59 (it is better in every way but camo value - where the type-59 has a sitting camo value of a T-50 light tank!), it has the potential to make the most of the group, but it doesnt have the same top-player following the Type-59 has.

The value in silver making for the entire game is the Panther/M10. It makes 85% of the silver the top tier-8 premiums make, but costs 45% of what a good tier-8 premium costs. Also, it goes on sale for 1/2 off every 3-4 months. (when it was last on sale a few weeks ago it was $6usd, if you pay using UGC's I got mine for $4usd LoL).
High rate of fire
Reliably pens everything it faces (only tier 7-8)
High mobility
Cheap repairs
Cheap Shell costs

it wont hard-carry wins but it only requires about 1000 damage delt+spotted+tracked to make $40k. 1500 makes roughly $75k income. *extremely* efficient tank to run.

Toysrme screwed with this post 07-21-2013 at 11:23 AM
Old 07-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #9883
Toysrme
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Also, looking at vbaddict, looks nice. I'll give that a shot when I pay later today, got the active uploader installed. What do you mean by letting it view the stats - like don't close the game after a loss, wait until it's over and the detailed battle report is up?
You don't have to wait, it simply means if you must view the detailed reports of every battle if you want to be honest about your stats. vbaddict works by reading the published server data, but also off user-supplied data.

all of your basic/advanced stats are recorded on your local disk, but if you dont view the detailed stats it will only record the basic info (win/loss/income/etc). if you view the detailed stats it will save all the little things about you. you transfer these to vbaddict and it gives you a much more complete stats-set about how youre doing.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #9884
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Not using the period...

Sometimes it takes a little while for the server to replicate, so if not tonight, tomorrow it should kick in.
Invite sent.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #9885
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

The addition of Mike.Gail makes 72 people in the clan, gentlemen.

Wow.

Ok, so a couple are multiple personalities, but we have Sam who's our ROLLIN Mole, so it works out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: