ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #3691
greentea
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Canberra
Oddometer: 17
Newbie

Hey guys, new member here. Just got my DR650 registered this morning so will be looking forward to some rides in the near future.

Not sure if the bike is known by or belonged to anyone here but its a blue 07(08?) model with a staintune exhaust system, what looks like a home made blue steel bashplate and home made blue metal rear side guards where the plastics usually are.... just incase anyone sees me running around :)
greentea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #3692
stuser
Putt putt putt
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia
Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentea View Post
Hey guys, new member here. Just got my DR650 registered this morning so will be looking forward to some rides in the near future.

Not sure if the bike is known by or belonged to anyone here but its a blue 07(08?) model with a staintune exhaust system, what looks like a home made blue steel bashplate and home made blue metal rear side guards where the plastics usually are.... just incase anyone sees me running around :)
G'day :)

Gotta love the stain tune... got one on my KLR = nice

Put up a pic of your bike :)
stuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:34 AM   #3693
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer
 
BergDonk's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Snowy Mountains Oz
Oddometer: 2,624


We were doing a centre trip mid 2011, 9 bikes and 3 4wds. I was hanging back with the 4wds and it was wet. I got to within 3.5 kms of Mt Dare, coming in from Dalhousie. Pitch black, pissing down, no vision, unknown road and slippery as. I did a few 180s and crashed once or twice. Was trying to move off after ending up in the gutter. Clutch was out and there was no forward motion. I looked behind looking for roost, and then I smelt it, fried clutch. Ended up buying the trailer because we had to get out the next day early else we'd have been stuck there for days and days. Never once in the 270 kms to Kulgera did I wish I was on the bike that next day. I had a new clutch in the spares kit in the 4wd and fitted it in the 'van park in Alice.
__________________
shed time IS quality time
BergDonk's DR650 BergDonk's XT1200Z
BergDonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:17 AM   #3694
rowdy_im
KTM 625 Snowy Mountains
 
rowdy_im's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Jindabyne Australia
Oddometer: 375
remember it well

Mr Donk
you make it sound like it wasn't fun,looked in my archives and found these happy snaps,and yes you look a bit dejected
but as me and Lloydy kept saying to each other "its all part of the Adventure"

cheers
Rowdy



__________________
rowdy_im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:50 AM   #3695
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer
 
Hoots's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Gundaroo NSW OZ
Oddometer: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy_im View Post

Mr Donk
you make it sound like it wasn't fun,looked in my archives and found these happy snaps,and yes you look a bit dejected
but as me and Lloydy kept saying to each other "its all part of the Adventure"

cheers
Rowdy

That looks like a somewhat diminished version of Donk ...

I suspect he's not too worried about the bike / rain / mud / clutch ...

Just hungry ...
Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:50 AM   #3696
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer
 
BergDonk's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Snowy Mountains Oz
Oddometer: 2,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
That looks like a somewhat diminished version of Donk ...

I suspect he's not too worried about the bike / rain / mud / clutch ...

Just hungry ...
Mt Dare supplied perhaps the best steak I've ever had that night, and the beer went down OK too.

Like Rowdy says though, its things like this that you remember and that make it an adventure.
__________________
shed time IS quality time
BergDonk's DR650 BergDonk's XT1200Z
BergDonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #3697
greentea
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Canberra
Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuser View Post

Put up a pic of your bike :)
Sure thing! Sitting next to my mates KLR650

greentea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #3698
stuser
Putt putt putt
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia
Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentea View Post
Sure thing! Sitting next to my mates KLR650
those staintunes sure are distinctive.

Time to start farkling hey....
stuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #3699
ADpete
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ADpete's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Canbrerra Australia
Oddometer: 202
now it's time

Now it is time to have fun. New bike hills with snow hummmm mt coree, blue water holes. Yep time to get dirty. Just revived the 640 so brindies. here I come. Hope to see the Dr out there.
__________________
PETERD
ADpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #3700
stuser
Putt putt putt
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia
Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADpete View Post
Now it is time to have fun. New bike hills with snow hummmm mt coree, blue water holes. Yep time to get dirty. Just revived the 640 so brindies. here I come. Hope to see the Dr out there.
I'd like to see some pics of you and your bike up Mt Coree in the snow....
stuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:19 PM   #3701
havafati
Yassdafarian
 
havafati's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Yass, NSW, Australia
Oddometer: 1,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuser View Post
I'd like to see some pics of you and your bike up Mt Coree in the snow....
Snowy bits

havafati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:01 AM   #3702
stuser
Putt putt putt
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia
Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by havafati View Post
Snowy bits

you do have some very lovely snowy bits.

But up a hill knee deep in snow on your bike....
stuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:19 AM   #3703
havafati
Yassdafarian
 
havafati's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Yass, NSW, Australia
Oddometer: 1,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuser View Post
you do have some very lovely snowy bits.

But up a hill knee deep in snow on your bike....
Errrrr bugger that I'll leave that to those numb of feeling.
havafati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:50 AM   #3704
stuser
Putt putt putt
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia
Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by havafati View Post
Errrrr bugger that I'll leave that to those numb of feeling.
wish I was out there!

in the brandies?
stuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:44 AM   #3705
Hoo-2b-2day
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Hoo-2b-2day's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Oddometer: 209
Motorcycle Fatality

There's been a motorcycle fatality on the Barton H'way near the NSW/ACT Border. From the picture on ABC news the bike is a BMW oil head road model of some sort with NSW plates (unreadable).

There was also a fatality near Wagga on Friday - details unknown.

No matter who they were this still is a downer as more riders is taken by accident.
__________________
Allowed day release if properly medicated
Hoo-2b-2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014