User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #31
scottdug
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
hey oldfatbeerman
l must have my wire's crossed? I thought you were doing the snotty stuff to get there! Maybe l just dreamed that? lol
Have a great trip and hope to catch you guys on another ride soon!

scott
scottdug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:39 AM   #32
Oldfatbeerman OP
Big on Corner speed

Oddometer: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdug View Post
hey oldfatbeerman
l must have my wire's crossed? I thought you were doing the snotty stuff to get there! Maybe l just dreamed that? lol
Have a great trip and hope to catch you guys on another ride soon!

scott
I dunno about you Scott , but my body could not withstand 5 days of snotty shit , I did 1 day of slippery , slightly snotty shit last Saturday and I am still sore in places I'd forgotten I had .

I'd need 12 months of regular training to do 5 days of snotty stuff .
Old 07-05-2013, 06:08 AM   #33
Road Kill
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
TK Ride from Melbourne

I’m hoping to take a couple of weeks off around this time and I really enjoyed the first Tony Kirby Memorial Ride in the Flinders Ranges. So I thought I might give this one a crack.

OldFatBeerMan - if you still have room left in your group then maybe I can tag along? I’d ride from Melbourne to Newcastle over 2-3 days and get there for the Monday start.

I haven’t heard of any others going from Melbourne? I’m looking into transporting the bike back from Brisbane to Melbourne so I can spend more time with the family in Brisbane. My wife and 3 month old daughter will join me in Brisbane for a week of sunshine (I hope) after the ride. Is family welcome at Kenilworth even if they drive there? My wife does ride but won’t be for this trip. My wife's sister lives in Brisbane so she can always stay there.

Cheers, David
Old 07-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #34
WILL_S
OUTLAW POSTIE 001

Oddometer: 1,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Kill View Post
. My wife and 3 month old daughter will join me in Brisbane for a week of sunshine (I hope) after the ride. Is family welcome at Kenilworth even if they drive there? My wife does ride but wont be for this trip. My wife's sister lives in Brisbane so she can always stay there.

Cheers, David
Hey mate my wife ,daughter and dog wil be camped up at the kenilworth showgrounds.Beautiful part of the world.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #35
philth
philth

Oddometer: 5,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Kill View Post
Im hoping to take a couple of weeks off around this time and I really enjoyed the first Tony Kirby Memorial Ride in the Flinders Ranges. So I thought I might give this one a crack.

OldFatBeerMan - if you still have room left in your group then maybe I can tag along? Id ride from Melbourne to Newcastle over 2-3 days and get there for the Monday start.

I havent heard of any others going from Melbourne? Im looking into transporting the bike back from Brisbane to Melbourne so I can spend more time with the family in Brisbane. My wife and 3 month old daughter will join me in Brisbane for a week of sunshine (I hope) after the ride. Is family welcome at Kenilworth even if they drive there? My wife does ride but wont be for this trip. My wife's sister lives in Brisbane so she can always stay there.

Cheers, David
There are some beautiful camp spots nearby to, family friendly and 2wd accessible
Old 07-14-2013, 03:34 AM   #36
philth
philth

er unlimited camping and hot showers at the kenilworth showgrounds
walk to the pub for dinner
no need to book in advance
Old 07-22-2013, 03:36 AM   #37
philth
philth

dingomail

Gooday Fellas,

Well it looks like a solid plan has fallen into place for the TK ride to be held at Kenilworth.

From the Kenilworth side of things, riders will get to Kenilworth on Friday afternoon and either be camping at the Showgrounds, or getting a room at the Kenilworth pub.

On Saturday Phil Hodgson and Bob Condon will be putting together a day ride in the ranges around Kenilworth, and then returning to Kenilworth for Saturday night.

The plan for the Kroombit Tops Ride, can either start on Sunday morning for those that are going direct to Kenilworth on Friday, or can start from Dalby on a ride led by myself, the format will be as follows.

For any riders coming from the south, they can either get accommodation in Dalby (hopefully), or role the swags out in my shed on Thursday night. If you want help with hints on accommodation, give me a yell and I will have a quick phone around. Friday morning at 9 AM we will leave on a ride taking in a really good variety of tracks from Dalby to Kenilworth.

Saturday, we are in Phil and Bobs control.

Sunday morning, at I believe 9 AM, we will head north and finish the days ride at Mulgildie Hotel. I have booked the whole hotel which has at least 20 beds, plus they can find a few more if needed, if there ends up being more than I have on the list, a few of us who have the swags on the bikes will camp in the swags. There will be at least two or three couples with us, so they will get the double beds at Mulgildie. My headcount for this ride to date was only 16 riders, so there are heaps of beds available.
Sunday night at Mulgildie is home made pizza night, and I have booked a full seating of large breakfasts for Monday morning. We have stayed at this pub many times and they are very accommodating for any needs we may have.

This ride still covers a great variety of terrain, but unfortunately due to the floods at the beginning of the year, the damage to the roads leading up to Kroombit Tops National Park makes the roads unpassable, so we will not be going to the plane wreck. All complaints to mother nature on that one.

Monday morning we start heading south on a ride that takes in some open but still interesting country west of the Great Dividing Range. Many rides have been have on this course and it's always thumbs up.
We will arrive in Dalby on late Monday afternoon, so once again either accommodation in Dalby or camping in the shed will be fine. If any are keen, we will throw together a barbecue in my little shed beside the dam Monday night.

If you have GPS, bring your data cable, and we'll see if we can load the course onto your GPS to save using the corner system. No problem if not because the corner system is fine.

Looking forward to a great ride.

Cya soon.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:23 AM   #38
Eric66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Hopefully I can get the Saturday off work and do the Kenilworth ride.Have ya got a plan of where ya might be going yet Phil or is it going to be a mystery tour
Regards Eric
Eric66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:13 AM   #39
philth
philth

err
start and finish at kenilworth
would be great to have you along
Old 07-23-2013, 03:47 AM   #40
DRjoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,696
Bobs magical mystery tour
DRjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #41
philth
philth

Old 07-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #42
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 16,150
TK and Sidetrack - both originals. Often imitated, never matched. Opened the door to "outback biking" for many and was an ardent supporter of the trail riding/adventure riding movement at any and all levels. A top mate too! His legacy lives on, thanks for all the laughs along the way TK!

"There is a difference between constructive criticism and plain rudeness."

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen

"It's like deja vu all over again."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #43
Eric66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
[QUOTE=philth;21931367]err
start and finish at kenilworth
would be great to have you along[/QUOTE
Sounds GOOD,I'll pack a few vegemite sanga's and a coupla cans of coke.
Regards Eric
Eric66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:15 AM   #44
breil
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Gravel road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric66 View Post
Hopefully I can get the Saturday off work and do the Kenilworth ride.Have ya got a plan of where ya might be going yet Phil or is it going to be a mystery tour
Regards Eric
Is the ride on gravel roads or clay single track, it might help with bike selection
breil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:42 AM   #45
philth
philth

little bit of everything mate
suitable for everything, even bmws
it has to be because some mad mongrel rode a bmw down the canning stock route by the sheer size of his balls and convinced fools all around the nation that they were the ultimate adventure bike