ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #3346
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,719
Air Shell in action








teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #3347
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,719
http://store.teizms.com/discounts

Last chance.. this page goes away on Monday...
Power Shell for $399- pants for $99 and more...
these discounted items will be removed from inventory on Monday so have 50% now
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #3348
southwade
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
southwade's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Inside the Beltway
Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
That's in San Diego isn't it?
__________________
i haz z1000!
southwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #3349
levain
STILL Jim Williams
 
levain's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Providence, RI
Oddometer: 6,894
Just received a second hand Navigator. I've been curious, and the price was beyond good, so what the hell, good opportunity for a review. All I've been able to do is try it on briefly before running out to work, but so far it looks quite nice! Your product has clearly evolved..

I understand your take on waterproofing, but I guess I wonder why you didn't make the Exkin liner windproof somehow? I remember feeling like zipping the Exkin into my old Rev'it Cayenne Pro without the waterproof liner needed that windproofing. It would work fine with a waterproof outer layer, but without? Just curious is all. Like the jacket, the liner looks very well made.

Review in Equipment soon, but something else will come first.
__________________
Click Here!
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #3350
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post

Review in Equipment soon, but something else will come first.
super_ i am looking forward to your feedback.. i know how detailed oriented you are (from your other posts) so i am sure it will be constructive for us :)

with the zippers closed and liner in - we really have not had a complaint about wind proofing (and also in our own testing). we are working on a new (but similar) product with a police department in a very cold region and they have been quite satisfied with just the liner.. but i can understand that personal temperature thresholds can vary significantly.
so with that said - feedback is key to our evolution and if there is enough demand for a windproof liner - we can definitely look into it.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #3351
levain
STILL Jim Williams
 
levain's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Providence, RI
Oddometer: 6,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
super_ i am looking forward to your feedback.. i know how detailed oriented you are (from your other posts) so i am sure it will be constructive for us :)

with the zippers closed and liner in - we really have not had a complaint about wind proofing (and also in our own testing). we are working on a new (but similar) product with a police department in a very cold region and they have been quite satisfied with just the liner.. but i can understand that personal temperature thresholds can vary significantly.
so with that said - feedback is key to our evolution and if there is enough demand for a windproof liner - we can definitely look into it.
This jacket has velcro arm adjusters, not the snaps shown on your site. Is this the older or newer version? Of course, they don't snug up enough, but I have girly arms. Rukka is the only manufacturer I've found that snug up enough
__________________
Click Here!
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #3352
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
This jacket has velcro arm adjusters, not the snaps shown on your site. Is this the older or newer version? Of course, they don't snug up enough, but I have girly arms. Rukka is the only manufacturer I've found that snug up enough
yeah the latest version is back to snaps...
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:08 PM   #3353
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,719
apologies for the lack of updates folks - been travelling extensively with little time to be online.

In the past few weeks we have been working on some backend stuff to improve your shopping experience - that includes new videos for measurements and also a color picking software to help you design the perfect color scheme.

i will be posting those online very soon as my travel wraps up next week.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #3354
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,719
Sahara jacket and pants on a trackday
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #3355
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,719
we are about to launch our new color picker feature to help you design custom color schemes - feel free to give some feedback

http://www.teizms.com/colorpicker/Navigator.php
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #3356
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,719
Our new measurement guide videos are up on Vimeo - website will be updated soon as well.

https://vimeo.com/user20752031

Please let us know your feedback
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #3357
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,719
Latest review of the Sahara on wBW
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r5/teiz-...jacket-review/
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #3358
switchback
Eatin' Dirt Since 1982
 
switchback's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2002
Location: SLC, UT
Oddometer: 1,484
I am fairly certain that a Powershell Teiz suit is in my future but I have a few questions.

How does the Exkin liner interface with the suit?

What updates have been made since the introduction?

I like your Youtube video of the suit. Perhaps an updated video could help address the updates and liner.
__________________
David

Wind is strong and cold
Rain blurs the winding road ahead
I live on two wheels
switchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #3359
mchasal
Mostly Upright
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Oddometer: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
we are about to launch our new color picker feature to help you design custom color schemes - feel free to give some feedback

http://www.teizms.com/colorpicker/Navigator.php
Looks like a good tool for visualizing the combos.

There seem to be some issues with the Lombard section though. It starts up with the buttons not matching what's displayed. The suit shows hiviz/black and those buttons are highlighted, but the words say light grey/blue. It also seems to not have a correct list of which are standard and which are custom color schemes. If I select light grey/black, it says it's custom. In fact, I couldn't find a button combo that got a standard color.
mchasal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:33 AM   #3360
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchasal View Post
Looks like a good tool for visualizing the combos.

There seem to be some issues with the Lombard section though. It starts up with the buttons not matching what's displayed. The suit shows hiviz/black and those buttons are highlighted, but the words say light grey/blue. It also seems to not have a correct list of which are standard and which are custom color schemes. If I select light grey/black, it says it's custom. In fact, I couldn't find a button combo that got a standard color.
thanks for pointing it out - i will get it fixed.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014